main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends [MMM Fright Fest] In Darkness Bound

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by moosemousse, Oct 31, 2011.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Title: In Darkness Bound
    Author: moosemousse
    Timeframe: 50 years before Episode 1
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Mush
    Summary: A bounty hunter faces her fears.
    Notes: Written for the MMM Fright Fest challenge. The Padawan braid is not hair but a bit of jewellery attached to the headwear. The title is a reference to LotR, whether a significant one or not I'll leave to speculation.

We sat nervously on the edge of the bed. We shouldn't even have been speaking, let alone being together at a hotel. She was a Padawan in her early twenties and I was finding my feet as a bounty hunter.

I swallowed nervously, looking at her braid as it snaked over her shoulder and down the front of her robes. "So, um," I began, not knowing what to say or do next.

She lunged at me, banging out lips between our teeth. I let yelp and she moved back quickly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, um," she trailed off.

Touching my lips I checked for bleeding, and found none. I tried to smile, "it's ok, maybe a little slower though." I cringed inwardly. We were both old enough to know how this should work. Give me a gang armed with blasters and vibroblades and I'd know who to take out first and how, but give me a room with a pretty woman? I'd be more comfortable staring into the maw of a sarlaac!

When nothing happened, she took the initiative again, this time taking it slowly. We bumped noses a few times but we finally got there, our lips meeting.

It felt warm and good, and I felt places inside me turn to warm goo. I leant towards her, kissing her back and deepening the kiss a little. Just as I was sliding a hand over her lap, the lights went out and I froze.

I forgot to breath, and I just blinked in the darkness. She broke away from me, I could tell that much.

Her voice swam out of the darkness, "are you ok? I can tell through the Force that something's wrong. Talk to me, please."

Swallowing hard, I thought for a while. Would she stop liking me if I told her the truth? Or would a lie be easier? I decided to go for the truth. I took a deep breath, "I'm a Zelosian. I can't see a thing in the dark."

"I knew it," she said quickly. There was an awkward pause, "I didn't mean that in a bad way, I just suspected something, that's all."

I looked at where I thought her voice was coming from. Judging by the way the mattress tilted under me I could guess she was still on the bed. "So you don't mind? You still like me?"

"I still like you." There was a pause, "can I hug you?"

A hug would be nice. "Yes, please, but slowly."

It was her fingertips I felt first. They touched my hands and move up my arms. Then her hands slid over my shoulders and her arms gently pulled me into a warm, gentle hug. I sighed contentedly.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I asked her.

It was spooking the way the emergency lights came just as I finished the question. It wasn't bright enough for me to see anything but the lights, but it was a start. Short luminescent strips ran round the bottom of the walls and formed arrows pointing to the exit.

Taking my hand, she helped me stand up, "I suggest we follow the lights. Don't worry, I'll hold your hand so you don't lose me."

I nodded. She was a twi-lek, so hopefully she could see. I had to trust her in this. I swallowed hard as she gently pulled my hand and let her lead the way.

It was unnerving not being able to see her, except for quick glimpses when the emergency lighting strips where hidden from view.

I could feel her suddenly tugging on my hand. "We're almost there, we're almost out!" She broke into a run and I found myself barely able to keep up.

And then I tripped. My hand was torn from her grasp as I fell, my hair falling into my eyes obscuring my vision.

Darkness swam around me, thick, cloying, and claustrophobic. I tried to call out her name but my hair got sucked into my mouth. With my hands I tried to claw my hair away from my face, the only sounds I could hear were the rushing of blood in my ears and my own choking.

Out of nowhere, strong hands grabbed at arms. I struggled and

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, the beginning made me chuckle. It reminded me of that Zoosk commercial I occasionally see, where after the woman says "I could really go for some serious romance," she and her daydream guy go in for a kiss and WHACK!

Once the lights went out and knowing that Zelosians believe in zombies... I'll be honest, I was awaiting a zombie apocalypse. XD

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I was tempted to have a zombie horde but I think a fear of the unknown is greater than a fear of something like zombies. There are zombies though. Just because they know what causes the dead to rise doesn't make them any less zombie.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Mushy, mushy, mushy. And why not!

To the Pm list bound, pretty please!

:rolleyes:

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely mush @};- and thanks for posting mine in beyond[:D][face_dancing]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've always loved your OCs. This was no exception. =D=

7. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Sweet how she helped him out of the dark... so very kind and romantic. Lovely vignette!