Before [MMM] - "Night of the Living Beer Goggles"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TrakNar, Oct 30, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    Title: Night of the Living Beer Goggles
    Author: Trak Nar
    Genre: Mush. Or, at least it was intended to be mush. It turned out a bit different, though.
    Characters: OCs: Master Sergeant Reeka Chorizzo (female Rodian) and Gunnery Sergeant Tuffass (male Gand)
    Notes: Direct sequel to Unexpected
    Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, violence, and language.

Author's note: This is my very first attempt at mush and will most likely be my last. Mush is simply not my thing, thus this was written as more of an experiment.

?We shouldn?t have ran?? Reeka Chorizzo uncapped a bottle of beer and downed a swig. ?I mean, what was that, back there?? She swallowed another mouthful and plunked the bottle against the table with an audible thunk. Plopping down in the chair, she sighed and leaned forward, folding her arms on the tabletop before her. ?We?re Marines, we?ve been through war, you trained me to kill!? She took another swallow of beer. ?Yet, we ran. We ran!? She slammed the bottle against the table, stood, and began to pace. ?We should report this. Now.? The Rodian headed for the door.

Tuffass stood, put down his own bottle of beer, crossed the room quickly, and slid himself between Reeka and the door. ?We can?t. Not yet, anyway??

Reeka stared at the short Gand noncom. ??What?re you hiding??

?What are you hiding? You know something! Tell me!?

Tuffass was quiet as he finally relented to his superior. ?Yes, ma?am.? He let out a breath. ?Requesting permission to sit and discuss the matter.?

?Permission granted,? Reeka replied without hesitation. She and her former drill instructor retreated to and seated themselves on the edge of the bed. The motel room was a small space with sparse furnishings; a bed and a small table, with a refresher tucked into the back corner. Reeka stood to retrieve her beer and seated herself once more. She hated to use her rank against her former mentor, but if it meant squeezing information out of the stubborn old Gand, then so be it. She took a swig of her beer, a light, bitter-tasting and decidedly bland concoction that was little more than yellowed water. ?You know something about what happened back there, don?t you??

Tuffass nodded as he removed his mask and drank from his own beer bottle; a dark malt that had a flavor similar to a bitter chocolate. ?Tuffass hasn?t told you about his skills, has he? How he was able to track the movements of your platoon like he was? Well,? he took another drink, ?it?s not just tracking that he?s good at? The mists tell him other things? about the wars, his soldiers, their lives? their secrets? Stuff that if the brass knew that he knew? he?d be scuttled back to the homeworld, boots first.?

Reeka finally understood the Gand?s reluctance to talk. Her voice dropped lower as she leaned in closer. She could smell a hint of ammonia?the elder sergeant?s breathing gear must have a leak?and the warm, full-body bitter chocolate of the beer he had been drinking. ?What do you know??

?That thing back there?? Tuffass was, for the first time that Reeka could recall, actually fumbling for his words. ?That?s not the only one? the mists had shown him that.?

Reeka?s short spines prickled as a chill raced up her back. ?There?s more?? That was a dismaying prospect to her. She didn?t even know what she and Tuffass had fought in the alley, to what the gore that stained the Gand?s pant leg belonged. As she cast her glance to the discarded service pants that were piled in the corner, she certainly did not want to hear that there could be more of those? things. She swallowed. ?What are they??

Tuffass took another drink. He took the time to glance over at his unceremonious pile of rumpled service greens; he had hastily changed into his PT sweats soon after they had entered his motel room/>
    Findswoman likes this.
  2. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel all tingly inside...

Nice work, Trak!
  3. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    I bet you do. ;)

Anywho, thanks. As the story was mostly an experiment, I wasn't really taking it very seriously. Good to know, though, that it worked out.
  4. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 6
    Glad I finished eating before reading - whatever was that thing?

A Rodian and a Gran: I'm not even sure how (if it does) work. In the end, it is the emotional connection, isn't it?
  5. TrakNar Chosen One

star 5
    Gand. ;)

And, there was a limited emotional connection, as Reeka grew attached to her old drill instructor. However, it was more of a fling to let off some steam and lusty down-and-dirty, uh... nookie was the best way to do it. I'm still trying to figure out the mush genre, though. It's an entirely new thing to me.

As for the thing... I'm not entirely sure what it is, either. Some type of horrible monstrosity that went out with a splat.

Thanks for replying, though! Any advice for the new-to-mush writer? Like I said, this is all new territory for me.
  6. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Very heady interludes between some crazy monster killing. Quite the mush! :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade