main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge The "We're Moving"/ Guess the Author Challenge- And the winners are...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

It's time to pack your bags and get everything ready, the move date is March 21st! But wait! There's one more thing!
    (If you have no idea what we are talking about, please see http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/32063587/p1/?17]THIS[/url] THREAD before reading further down the page, it has some really important information you need to read!)

It's time for another mod challenge, which of course always means colors are up for grabs! :D You can be the first fanficer to earn colors on the new boards!

The Challenge:
    Write a story about any kind of change or new beginning. Angsty death vignettes, lovey-dovey new relationship mush, and everything in between is welcome.

How the challenge will work/Rules:
    ~ Your fic must be no longer than 1,500 words, no minimum word count.
    ~ Within 48 hours of the boards coming back up (not the temporary boards, the real ones) send a PM with your story to one of the Fanfic Mods. Date/TIme: You must PM your fic to one of the Fanfic Mods by 11:59pm 'board time' (PST) Wednesday, September 5th. 11:59pm board time (PST) Thursday, September 13th.
    Since we don't know exactly when that will be, you don't know how long you have to procrastinate. ;)
    ~ You can not send your fic to a mod before the move, that would be cheating and will not be included.
    ~ After the 48 hour post-move deadline has passed, the mods will post the stories in random order and anonymously. The names of those participating will then be released in this thread.
    ~ Send your fic with a header that includes at least Title and Era that your fic is to be placed in.
    ~ Do not discuss which fic is yours with others, or discuss your guesses, this is also cheating.

[​IMG]

Winning:
    Within a week after the names are released, send a PM to a mod with who you think wrote which fic (They will be numbered and a specific deadline will be posted)

Guesses are due by 11:59pm board time (PST) on Sunday September 23rd.

The person with the most correct will receive a week of colors
    2nd most correct will receive 72 hours of colors
    3rd most correct will receive 24 hours of colors

**All dates/deadlines will be posted once the new boards come online so there will be no guessing as to when things are due.

So do you write like you normally do and see how many people can identify your writing? Do you write completely different to throw people off? Do you try and mimic your favorite JC'ers fanfiction style and try to get others to think you are them?
    It's all up to you!

Good Luck and have fun!!

~DWH, mav, and Luna

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Sooooo, if we're supposed to send a PM before the boards are up, how do we send a PM? Will we be able to send PMs on the temporary boards?

3. Duracell_Duck

Duracell_Duck Jedi Knight

May 30, 2008
    Tis up there in the rules... Within 48 hours of the boards coming back up (not the temporary boards, the real ones) send a PM with your story to one of the Fanfic Mods.
    Since we don't know exactly when that will be, you don't know how long you have to procrastinate.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Heh, I may join in on this one. I've actually moved, recently. Let's see how I can apply that to some of my storylines...

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Yes. The temp boards have a PM function. Of course, it looks a bit different, but the temp board has pretty much the same general capabilities.

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sounds like fun. I might have to join in. :)

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    But like Duracell_Duck mentioned, for the purposes of this challenge, you won't send your story PM until the new boards are up.

8. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    So if we guess the fic that we wrote, does that count? :p

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL! Yep! It's a (hopefully) easy point! ;)

10. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    Haha. That made me laugh.

I think I can do this one. It sounds like fun. Only the people who write get to guess or is it everybody?

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I haven't ignored your question, we just haven't gotten the chance to discuss it yet with the move and all. There is a possibility that anyone could win colors for guessing, but I'm not going to say yes for certain at this moment.
    Sorry that this doesn't answer your question at all, but I will certainly have an answer by the time the new boards come up.

12. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm going to participate!

13. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm really tempted to do this. I've only written a few posts for this year's Diary Challenge, so most people would probably have to use process of elimination to figure out which one's mine. Gotta find my muse first, though; it disappeared two months ago.

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Mine has been PMed in. Note that if you send it to mavjade, you'll get an autoresponder saying she's away, so try one of the other mods (I sent mine to Luna_Nightshade).

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Specific Dates:

You must PM your fic to one of us Fanfic Mods by 11:59pm 'board time' (PST) Wednesday, September 5th. Please reread the rules and what to put in your header before sending your fic to us.

Dates change:

11:59pm board time (PST) Thursday September 13th.

16. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Um, mavjade?

The Xenforo tag for images goes:
    [image]the URL of the image[/image]

I think I may need to start a The Forum Tags Have Changed! campaign. :D

- lazy

17. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    lazykbys_left - I know the image tags have changed, but there's been a lot to do in this move and fixing image tags from old threads is pretty far down on the priority list. ;)

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    So.... whats the THIS THREAD suppose lead to? Link is broken.

19. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  20. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I just sent my fic earlier. I had it stashed elsewhere, already formatted and ready to go.

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Tarsier is correct, it lead to the inital thread about the move. The link was in case someone came in to read the thread and didn't know what the heck we were talking about a move. (This thread was initally posted in March. ;) )

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ah. Was just making sure it wasn't something else important in relation to this challenge. Like Ive said before, its been years since I've ventured into these forums so I've got quite a bit of relearning to do.

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Change to the rules!!

Since we didn't plan on it being months before we got back to the challenge, we've decided to change just a little bit. Since many people didn't sign up on the temp boards and may not realize the new forums are back after so long and we may have acquired quite a few new writers (Hi! noobies! Welcome!! ) we've decided to extend the deadline for fics to be submitted until 11:59pm board time (PST) Thursday September 13th.

To be fair to those who got their stories in within the given time limit, they will all will be given 1 bonus point in scoring. If anyone who has submitted their story wants to resubmit, you are allowed to do so, but you will lose your bonus point.

This challenge is a lot more fun if we have a lot people so encourage everyone you know to participate.

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, I just sent mine in.

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Anyone who still wants to participate, you have until tonight at 11:59pm PST to get your story in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.