main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[MOD] Please welcome our newest JCC moderators...

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Why should she have a position waiting for her if and when she comes back ? Not only hasnt she logged on in over two weeks but she's been practically invisible in the JCC for as long as I can remember. Considering that every other mod in the JCC had just been promoted (before Kate and Dasgy returned, obviously) they probably could have used a veteran hand to guide them through things, but instead in seems that they were simply thrown into the deep end. Probably not the best way to start off, IMO.

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Welcome back! I noticed Dagsy and Kate in the JCC header this afternoon and was happy to see them back up there. They're two great people to have aboard. :)

3. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Welcome back to both of you....cheers! :D

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    a) There is only so much you can discuss before it gets old and repetitive.

I quite understand that point of view, although I'm amused to hear it coming from someone four years younger than I. :p Sorry. I'm not trying to make fun of you for being a more recent registree. What I am doing is pointing out that there are some posters here who've been at it for years and still post about Star Wars sometimes, although it seems people become increasingly interested in the community forums as time passes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The JCC is still a meeting place for Star Wars fans, who generally have similar interests to one another, where they can talk about other things. I don't think it's odd that some people almost never post outside JCC.

b) I don't want to be spoiled for EP3.

Understood, again. But we did have a number of regulars in CT who were there precisely because they wanted to talk about Star Wars without having to risk being spoiled. I don't think JCC is the only safe haven around the boards.

c) Everyone seems to love bashing SW, and I get sick of seeing post after post of angry people putting down my favourite saga.

Where do you draw the line between criticism and bashing? I'm all for making the movie forums more friendly, but I'm also reluctant to stem valid criticism.

Anyway. I don't know why I replied to those points in a (re)promotion thread. Maybe we should start a separate thread specifically about JCC so we can discuss this further, because I think it might go somewhere.

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I quite understand that point of view, although I'm amused to hear it coming from someone four years younger than I. Sorry. I'm not trying to make fun of you for being a more recent registree. What I am doing is pointing out that there are some posters here who've been at it for years and still post about Star Wars sometimes,

Well good for them. I guess I'm not much of a die-hard SW fan having the point of view that is only so much material in a movie that can be discussed about. I never said I don't ever visit other forums. I still post in the TPM forum from time to time.

Understood, again. But we did have a number of regulars in CT who were there precisely because they wanted to talk about Star Wars without having to risk being spoiled. I don't think JCC is the only safe haven around the boards.

Of course it isn't. The 3SA is one of the largest forums in the JC, where I'm sure there are a lot of new and fresh stimulating discussions, but like I said, I'd prefere not to be spoiled, so it's another reason why I don't venture out of the YJCC much.

Where do you draw the line between criticism and bashing? I'm all for making the movie forums more friendly, but I'm also reluctant to stem valid criticism.

When the bad criticism far out-weighs the good criticism. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be, but it's still out there.

I know we shouldn't be talking about this here, but I took the chance to reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.