main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update || December 10, 2003

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Good point, strilo would be a good stand in.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    In addition to 3SA and the work required as an administrator?

No offense to Sape, but he only has three posts in the AOTC forum in the past year, two of which were today. I know, I know, he could lurk there, blah, blah, blah. I've heard that argument before, and I still don't like it. Also, Sape isn't always on during weekends... is someone else going to be watching over the forum then? It may not be a problem with 3SA, since there are other mods to help pick up the slack. But, it can turn into a problem for a forum like AOTC. It definitely helps to know the forum, and know the people who post there.

Are there any discussions about looking into another moderator, or about possible future courses of action?

Don't get me wrong, IMO, there only are a few current and active mods that should have any right to moderate AOTC, and Sape is one of them.

3. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    That's what I was thinking, Jeff. Sape is a busy guy.

Also, I've always been of the opinion that mods should be active in the forums that they mod.

For example, I know that Dagsy lurks and locks a lot in Saga, but his presence in threads would be nice more often. Last I checked (last night) he hadn't posted in Saga since 11/20 or so, and his post today was in the announcements thread regaurding Spike.

Edit: My mistake, he's been posting more today. My apologies. [face_blush]

4. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Can't strilo help out in this situation?

Yes. strilo and dehrian have both volunteered to fill in the AOTC gap with Sape until we have further info on ST or another mod is promoted.

EDIT - Guys, I can totally understand your concerns about the gap in AOTC. Please understand that this situation came up less than five hours ago. So this arrangement that calls for three already busy mods to cover is simply a temporary fix (scramble solution) until we can determine a more permanent course of action.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    That definitely sounds better than only having Sape cover the forum. :)

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I just thought,Who will be covering the SWC while Quix is gone? :confused: :)

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I saw a mod posting more frequently in there lately, but I forget which mod it was. Good point though. SWC is looking for a new mod anyway, perhaps this will speed up their search?

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've gone ahead and volunteered as well. What surprises one has when they get home from work. :(

TJ: Markup codes? What are they? :p I hope to ruin your expectations, everyone will be watching me this time and not just you. :(

9. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll also look into AotC during the evenings and weekends to make sure there arent any coverage blackspots.

As for promoting a new mod for AotC, lets just give it some time, ok? I for one am interested to see if ST comes back in the near future, with an explanation about what happened. It'd be silly to rush to promote someone now only to have him return in 2 weeks telling us that he'd been in hospital, or his computer exploded or whatever.

We can cover for him in the short term. When this looks like it'll turn into a long term issue, then we'll look at mod prospects.

Thats the way I see it, at least.

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I saw a mod posting more frequently in there lately, but I forget which mod it was

Yeah,I've seen Katya_Jade lock a couple of threads there recently. :)

11. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Agreed Dagsy.

Its important that ST be given the benefit of the doubt here, if something in Darth RealLife has forced him away from the boards then I think only fair that this temporary situation continue until he comes back and explains why he has been away.
    Besides since there is a rush of volunteers to help moderate the place, there should be no problem right now.

12. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I agree with that; I'm more concerned about other mods filling in than promoting someone else. I think we'd all feel pretty bad if he was in a car crash or somethhing and showed up and someone had taken his place.

13. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Exactly.
    So as long as there are Mods who are willing to add AOTC to their duties and check it now and again, until ST makes an appearance, then thats all we should focus on.

14. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    What ever the mods can come up with will be fine. Sure with SWC still being talked about and know ST missing in action some people will have to step up I think they can do the job.

Know if all the mods left we would have a problem on are hands. But I'm sure the mod squad will think of something. :)

15. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    We could always round up a Focus Group to mod it. [face_mischief]

I do hope ST is okay, though. :(

16. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Is this the place to ask why my thread was closed without my question being answered? [face_plain]

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    No, not really.

You'd be best off asking Josh that via PM.

18. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Is this the place to ask why my thread was closed without my question being answered?

You asked for an answer from Josh, and you got it. He stated:
    Gang, this has been a good conversation and I appreciate and have read most all of the comments. After talking with Sapient tonight and seeeing some of the particulary good posts here in the final few pages, I think the time has come for this to be tabled for now.

The staff stands by the original decision that has been made previously.

Josh
    In other words, for now, the discussion is closed. It does not mean that it is time to move it to another thread.

You wanted him to make some statement now about it, and he did. Let me repeat it:
    The staff stands by the original decision that has been made previously.
    In other words, his previous answer stands. There is no change.

It is time for you to accept that answer now and drop the topic.

Kimball Kinnison

19. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    Where he can very easily ignore me, as usual. I just want that on the bloody mothereffing record.

I wanted an explanation. I did not receive one. Therefore, my question was not answered. Had he written "because I said so, *****", that would have been an explanation. Instead he said they stood by their previous decision, which is not an answer, but a "shut up, *****".

KK EDIT: You know you need to star that out.

20. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    You got several explanations. Then, Josh said it was time to table the discussion.

If you cannot accept that, feel free to continue to cause a fuss at your own risk. You've been given an answer (specifically that this is Josh's site and he makes the calls and does not need to justify them to you), and been told to let it go for now. Josh also gave you criteria for having it reconsidered.

It is time to drop it. If you continue to push, you will only cause trouble for yourself, not anyone else.

Kimball Kinnison

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm just going to ask that the discussion be dropped from this thread. It isn't part of the Update, and has been closed elsewhere.

22. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000

As it was, I'll just sit here and boggle that they ever put you in charge of speaking for the modsquad. "At my own risk"? What is this, a 50s gangster movie? You wanna ban me, ban me.

Dagsy edit: Dont flame.

23. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    [face_shocked]

24. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    ermmmm, thank you for the update. Looking forward to everyone returning safe and sound. Good luck to the remaining mods doing double/triple/quad/quint duty. :D :D :D

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You know, Mace Windy contacted me over AIM last week saying I had been the one chosen to replace Spike as a Saga Mod. Is there any truth to that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.