main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update || December 10, 2003

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    My name is an original. I used some Star Wars name formula to get it. Then, I started reading EU fic and discovered Mara Jade and understood why people kept referring to me as Mara instead of Jada.

But I've never had a problem registering it except for the underscore on some sights.

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'd like to see you turn into that, but I digress.

Sapient ;) Tut tut tut, you should know better :p

And just to continue on the original name thingmajig, mine is also original....use it for everywhere really (well apart from some messageboards).

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Than that wouldn't be everywhere. Is it on your driver's license, grocery store bonus card, etc...? THAT would be everywhere.

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Mine will be. I'm in the process of legally changing my middle name to Night4554. :nods:

I use it pretty much everywhere, People even call me it in real life, it's kind of weird hearing someone yell "Hey Night Forty-Five Fifty-Four!" I try my darndest to smack them however. :nods:

¤Night

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    But what if people try to call you Night four-five-five-four?

or Night four thousand five hundred and fifty-four?

Could get complicated :(

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    My name was stolen by Topps. The pooheads...

[image=http://www.ncf.ca/~ep352/ken.jpg]

And in regards to the future mod of the SWC ("Mystery Mod" I believe it was called), why not just transfer Katya on over there? She's done quite well already, nuking redundancy (probably the main issue there) and keeping things in line, especially with Quix to back her up, and she's quite the character when you get to talking to her... [face_mischief] ;)

But alas, can anyone replace you in that position jmt? No, I'm afraid they cannot. [face_love]

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Seeing as my full name is the name of a Greek Island, a Greek Bread and a Roman musical instrument (all are spelt differently - but on the net spelling is tossed out the window)...registering my name elsewhere is impossible as everyone else has already done it.

Kithera

8. OBIX2

OBIX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    And in regards to the future mod of the SWC ("Mystery Mod" I believe it was called), why not just transfer Katya on over there? She's done quite well already, nuking redundancy (probably the main issue there) and keeping things in line, especially with Quix to back her up, and she's quite the character when you get to talking to her...

Well,Katya has done a good job on keeping things in line over there.But my only concern is,would she have time to do it? Becuase I know she has to moderate the YJCC too.Don't get me wrong,Katya's a great mod.I just want to make sure whoever's picked has lot's of time to spend In the SWC. ;) :)

Not that I'm the one to deside,I'm just throwing my 2 cents in. :)

9. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    My name is pretty original. :)

Money doesn't grow on trees, it grows on my trees ;)

10. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Well,Katya has done a good job on keeping things in line over there.But my only concern is,would she have time to do it? Becuase I know she has to moderate the YJCC too.Don't get me wrong,Katya's a great mod.I just want to make sure whoever's picked has lot's of time to spend In the SWC.

True enough, not to mention the fact that a moderator in a community forum ought to be a part of that community. :p ;) Oh well- she's done a great job thus far, and even if a new mod is named I'd hope she'd still stop by around there. :D

Anyways, back to topics of name-stealing and problem users... [face_mischief] :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

11. OBIX2

OBIX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    and even if a new mod is named I'd hope she'd still stop by around there.

Oh yeah,absolutly! :D

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Maybe she'll post entire scripts instead of individual line's, thus eliminating the need for LBL's. ;)

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  14. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Than that wouldn't be everywhere. Is it on your driver's license, grocery store bonus card, etc...? THAT would be everywhere.

Curse me and my words :p
    Called my bluff there Sape ;)

And on the SWC Mod issue, well if Katya can spread her time over so that she can do both the SWC and the YJCC then that'd be cool, especially considering how well she's done with the board at the minute (even if she is a filler).
    Though of course the MS might be looking for someone who can deal with the SWC full time. Which would probably rule Katya out.

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Sapient: Yes, that's what I said.

16. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    And in regards to the future mod of the SWC ("Mystery Mod" I believe it was called), why not just transfer Katya on over there? She's done quite well already, nuking redundancy (probably the main issue there) and keeping things in line, especially with Quix to back her up, and she's quite the character when you get to talking to her...

Oh, you have no idea. ;)

Well,Katya has done a good job on keeping things in line over there.But my only concern is,would she have time to do it? Becuase I know she has to moderate the YJCC too.Don't get me wrong,Katya's a great mod.I just want to make sure whoever's picked has lot's of time to spend In the SWC.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. To answer your question, I would have time to be in there - based on the traffic of both the JCC and SWC it's not a stretch for me to help with both, if that's concern.

True enough, not to mention the fact that a moderator in a community forum ought to be a part of that community.

Well, I have been posting in there since I registered - some times more than others. I'm a part of the ESB Fan Club and post in other threads as well. :)

Maybe she'll post entire scripts instead of individual line's, thus eliminating the need for LBL's.

Hmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.