main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update - Feb 24 to Mar 2

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Mod Squad Update for the week of February 24 to March 2

Mod Movements:
    • It's with great sorrow that we saw epic hand in his resignation as a moderator on these forums. We thank him for all the work that he's given over the years, and still hope to see him around.
    • This week also saw the demotion of Sturm Antilles due to inactivity. Sturm was contacted about this and did agree that currently he is not currently able to give all that is needed to moderate. We wish him the best.
    • There have been 3 additions to the ranks of managers this week, with Red-Seven, YodaJeff and Rogue1-and-a-half all being promoted. Congratulations all.
    • cbjedi also rejoined the moderating team as a 4th moderator for the YJCC forum. Welcome back. :)
    • Liz Skywalker has quit the Mod Squad for personal reasons. She's promised to stick around the boards, but we'll miss her anyway. :(

New Forum:
    • After the announcement on starwars.com about the go-ahead of the Clone Wars Animated Shorts, movements were finally made to create the Small Screen Star Wars forum for the discussion of all Star Wars projects that have appeared on television.

New Literature feature:
    • After some wonderful work by dp4m Question and Answer sessions are being held with some of the authors that write in the Star Wars universe. The first begins this week with more planned for the future.

Jedi Council Community:

• A thread was started by cbjedi specifically for Community moderators and others to discuss potentially troubling threads in Community. The thread is designed so that each of the three current moderators can see exactly what type of approach they're each taking, therefore all there may work on one basic approach.
    • The YJCC reform proceeds apace, and should be finished by the end of this week hopefully.
    • Since Liz has left, a new thread was created about whom to bring into the Mod Squad to replace her.

Curse Words:
    • Some clarification on the use of these words, and what is and isn't allowed to appear on the boards was discussed. There is a list of words that are to be editted for all mods to referrence to, and some general guidelines for those words that can fit in either category.

Communications:
    • Finalisation of ways in which to make the Communications forum as useful as it can be are underway. Expect something further on this later in the week.

Problem Users:
    • Problematic situations and the users involved were discussed at various times during the week.

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Standard update, thanks Kadue.

cbjedi also rejoined the moderating team as a 4th moderator for the YJCC forum. Welcome back.
    Liz Skywalker has quit the Mod Squad for personal reasons. She's promised to stick around the boards, but we'll miss her anyway.

Since Liz left, he is now the third moderator, and will there be a NEW Fourth? Or are we back to "We'll go with three and pray"?

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    There is an active thread in Mod Squad pertaining to the addition of a JCC moderator or not.

4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Oh ok, that's Amazing that the mods are already on top of this.

5. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I received your not so subliminal message and it has been duly noted.

6. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Scroll a little further down to the JCC section. The stuff about Liz was the last thing added, and so it does make the sentance about cbj a little confusing.

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    received your not so subliminal message and it has been duly noted.

What on Earth is this man babbling about? :eek:

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Originally, Kadue left the Community section open for the Community moderators to write. After 48 hours, none of them had touched it. So I took it upon myself to write up the Community report. Here is the unedited and completely 100% true original Community report:
    • A thread was started by cbjedi specifically for Community moderators and others to discuss potentially troubling threads in Community. It was suggested that Harry Potter threads were blights on the boards that should all be deleted, and all who participate in them IP banned. The motion narrowly failed.

• The YJCC reform proceeds apace. Kadue had programmed the YJCC moderators a ?Random Policy Generator.? This will be used for all future policy decisions. Among the early results the YJCC members are eager to implement: no new threads with the letter ?e? in the title, the word ?spiffy? must be used at least once in every post in that forum, and religious threads well be allowed, but only on the Sabbath day.

• Since Liz has left, a new thread was created about whom to bring into the Mod Squad to replace her. The going is slow; it has been determined that all of our initial candidates to replace her are actually her socks.

I liked my version better, but my version promted the Community moderators to get up off their butts and write a report of their own - and then stole mine as a template! :mad:

9. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

Well, after a good old Barrying in the shower, and after giving my IWMIL a hearty rub, I'd like to PreacherBoy that I doubt if subliminal influnces in POzmas really works.

And on an aside, Rowdy Roddy Piper is a great actor and a Oscar willing certainty.

UKS

10. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I assume the JCC could mod be Anyone else You think might Be Appropriate, Be he Twenty or Underage.

11. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Kadue had programmed the YJCC moderators a ?Random Policy Generator.?

So everything is remaining the same then? ;)

12. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Konversely, Assuming That You And the other JCC posters get A new moD. The updatE didn't state for sure. I see no harm in having one; it might actually be beneficial.

EDIT: spelling *cough [face_blush]

13. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Who is KayayaJade?

Also: plz stop copying my subliminalness.

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    If you're going to be subliminal, at least spell it right. 8-}

15. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Errmmm .... I did *cough* spell it *cough* right [face_blush]

Note to self: forget the subliminal messaging ;)

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Gee, I wonder where you got the idea for the fantastic subliminal messageZ

17. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Oh Bloody hell, I'll get on my Soapbox.

//Taps mike

Errrr... Hello. The best thing the JCC and JC could do is Mod:

Katya_Jade
    QuiGonJim23
    Darth_AYBABTU
    and
    AmazingB

We all know that this will not happen, but I seriously suggest you consider such a mass promotion, If only to prevent the "burn out" that a lot of mods are now experiencing. Moderating should be a side issue to your posting habits, not replace them.

These 4 members would individually make excellent moderators but as a TEAM would be "The answer to the JCC's prayer's".

UKS

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    We usually lock mod campaign threads don't we? [face_mischief]

19. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    I think teh Griffz started teh whole QuiGonJim23 subliminal moderator JCC issue.

20. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Crikey, I have no clue YodaJeff. Remember that night? Yeah.

21. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    We just promoted cb, and you're already decided JCC needs another mod? I mean Liz has been gone what, three days?

Wait a week or so first. Sheesh. I mean none of those people are bad mod canidates, but I think you're all a bit premature.

¤Night

22. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Night, that's possible.

23. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

ThiS Is a great update, Mods. All Of us at the JC really appreciate the effort aNd attention you dEvoted to this.

AYBABTU?

24. 36nine5

36nine5 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003
    Since Liz has left, a new thread was created about whom to bring into the Mod Squad to replace her.

MAEK ME A MODS!

25. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    [face_laugh] @AYBABTU

Hmmm, one one hand, Night is right. We don't know how this trio will perform. On the other hand, what's the damage in adding another mod?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.