main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update for January 5th, 2011 - Policy Changes

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Okay. Thanks for responding.

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Quit being logical DLB.

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Then I guess I shouldn't mention certain words that were held against a certain ex-mod being allowed now?

5. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    No, that would be re-******

6. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    [mildly bemused]
    I'm confused. Surely it's ok to refer to someone who is openly homosexual as [three letter synonym for homosexual]? I would have thought it would also be pretty non-offensive to say the same of someone who has not explicitly said "I'm homosexual" but posts about wanting/having sex with persons of the same sex or otherwise openly announcing homosexual tendencies?

Using the same logic, surely there can't be a problem with someone who either explicitly states "I'm [someone with special needs of the 'learning difficulty' genus] - or consistently posts in a manner making it clear that this is the case - being referred to as a "[person with learning difficulties]"?

[proactively working towards making TF.n a Better Place]
    I also have a suggestion for a new smilie that you may want to take up with IGN, or even Yahoo. I'd be happy to give Jerry Yang a call if you guys are busy?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Good grief. I was part of the retar[SPECIAL NEEDS] banning debate seven years ago in Comms. Who says you can't go home, again?

I am sincerely replying in here only to ask if this is, in fact, the most recent MOD SQUAD UPDATE... but, I have to admit, that with as much time as I spent in Comms years ago, it's pleasant to see the unresolved acrimony over our constitutional right to demoralize handicapped people for the convenience of having an extra adjective at our disposal is still right where I left it in 2005. :p

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think it is the most recent one. We've been using this thread to announce mod status changes (promotions, etc). Things were just too slow to justify weekly MS updates.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, this is the most recent one. Only done on an as-needed basis now because things are much slower these days.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know things are at a nice, leisurely Lawrence Welk pace these days, and I certainly don't expect unjustified extra work for you guys, but I sorta just missed participating in Mod Squad updates. If only because it gave the rest of us a chance to be all up in bed with Tracy and [face_love] Jefffff[face_love] .

11. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    My father says my grandfather loved Lawrence Welk.

That's really all I have to offer, sorry. :(

12. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Retarded has been used in a positive sense for years.
    "the new Nas album is retarded!"
    1998 welcomes you...

Also when the black eyed peas are releasing songs with words you're too shocked to use, you know your turning into your grandparents. (BEPs are at least the equivalent of how uncool your parents are)

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yet the BEP changed that song because people were offended.

BEP are shook.

14. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I thought the reworded it for the NBA Playoffs the year that that song came out, plus get it started was also what they used as the radio edit version.

And Fergie ruined the BEPs, that's all I have to say about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.