main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update for November 26

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KnightWriter, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    meanwhile my drama falls off the map since noone seems willing to address it.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    But there is no drama with your case. I respect you and like you, but you're the one who keeps bringing it back to the surface. The policy has changed and though I understand completely and appreciate what you're saying, the open-door policy isn't there anymore. I've told you that a number of times.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    And I seem to recall it being addressed earlier, but you apparently didn't like their answers. :)

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    open door policy was already gone when I had to leave. I just assert I never "stepped down" and that I was told before I left I would be given modship back when I returned.
    I'd just like consistency, that's all.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Who exactly told you you could return? And, with all due respect, why would they with no open-door policy in place? You were gone for over a year, dude.

And was it via PM? because we've read your "leaving thread" in Modsquad, and there was absolutely no indication in it that you had an automatic right of return - and no indication from you that you were expecting it.

I can quote your posts back to you if you don't believe me.

You say you want consistency? Well, you're getting it. If you were given a mod position where there's no vacancy, that would be an inconsistency.

Sorry, man, everyone feels for you, but if you were gone foa a few weeks, or a month, we'd understand. But to come back over a year later and expect to walk back in is unrealistic.

6. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I was banned for that thing in the SA forum. I knew it was against the rules, and that all of my topics would most likely get locked, but I didn't think I'd get banned for it. I really didn't think I'd get banned for disrupting the forum, considering no one had posted in it for months. Most of the threads posted (all but 1) were not spam either, considering all of the discussions could have taken place in the JCC or acrive FF's, too. I bet if I reposted all the threads in the JCC they'd get a page or so of replies.

I would like to know, though, why out of the 10 or so people involved only 3 of us were banned. I know a few people posted there an upwards of 10 times and they didn't get banned, but I posted 3 or 4 times and I was.

Oh, and I take it there was some debate over whether to ban the offenders:

Shara_82
    Title: Fanforce GSA
    Date Posted: 11/19 6:13pm Subject: Spamming = wrong mkay? - Date Edited: 11/19 6:36pm (1 edits total) Edited By: Shara_82
    And if people keep doing it, I'll a) keep removing the topics and b) keep banning the offenders.

It originally said "ban the offenders", but was changed to the above.

Oh well, I'm not trying to be bitter or whatever. It was only a 48 hour ban, anywho.

7. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    DL,
    I was told before I left I would be given modship back when I returned.
    Who told you this?

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Discussion about the problem of some JC members spamming quiet Fan Force forums took place, and the conclusion is that any member found spamming a Fan Force forum will be banned.

Cool, thanks.

My colors are gone because of some posts I made in JCC which were fine by JCC standards, but my FF decided they were unbecoming of an officer/CR and banned me for FOUR days without warning

So my FF can ban me but I can't ban them? Blast!

*shakes fist furiously* 8-}

Are JC mods even allowed to ban CR's for breaking JC rules Dags? Don't all CR infractions have to go through the FF mods, even if they happen on the JC?

My understanding has always been that I've been at the mercy of the mods of whatever forum I most in.

If you can't have fun, set up an ezBoard or other offshoot board. The JC can't be everything for everyone.

Well said, Yodajeff.

9. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    So... got update?

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I was scheduled to do it this week as well, but there just wasn't much to report, and so the next Update will be next week.

There was a TOS question from a moderator, and DLM returned from her break. That's about it. The rest is either known (3NS becoming private) or deals with members.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    And several other mods went on vacation, which is part of the reason why this week was quiet. It's not just that we're slackers and don't feel like posting a new thread. :p

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, suuuure it isn't :p

13. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002

=Oooh, no update. I get it. Almost missed that one. [face_mischief]

Unnecessary, MeBe.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    No need to report that until we have something to report. Or something like that. Whatever it is that Nute says. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.