main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending 11-10

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KnightWriter, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Mod Squad Update For the Week Ending 11-10

Comings and Goings:

-Son of the Suns has formally stepped down from his role in the administration. Kadue has been promoted to take his place.

-NathanDahlin has also stepped down as administrator, effective as soon as his replacement is chosen.

-Commander Antilles has stepped down from his position as well.

- Also, Gandolf the Grey has taken a leave of absence to focus on schoolwork. He'll hopefully be rejoining us sometime in December.

-Congratulations to Red-Seven, who has been chosen as a Senate moderator.

- Nwalme Jade has been promoted to the position of RSA for France in addition to her CR duties.

- Jaina Mirax has also been promoted to RSA, taking over the reigns of the German Speaking Fan Force from Morgaine

Also, Joshua Griffin has taken a more active role in the Mod Squad.

[color=blue][b]Promotions[/color] [/b]

-Congrats to [b]Mace Windy[/b],[b] Bacabachaui[/b], [b]Mr. Neck or Yarael Poof[/b], and [b]Mara_Jade_Fan[/b], all of whom have been promoted to manager. :)

-[b]Vertical[/b] was promoted to the level of Supreme Chancellor on the JC. He has final authority over the JC administration. [b]Joshua Griffin[/b] still has the final say over all TFN matters. Please see [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9423610]this[/link] thread for more information.

The role of administrators is still being worked out and more details will be forthcoming.

[hr]

[color=blue][b]The LucasFilm Projects Board[/color][/b]

[hl=indigo][color=white][b]jp-30[/b][/color][/hl] has taken on the role of moderator of the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10265]LucasFilm Projects[/link] board. He decided to do this to [i]put his money where his mouth is[/i] - having spent some time extolling the virtues of having dedicated, enthusiastic moderator(s) for each and every forum.

There are plans afoot to breathe some life into [i]LucasArts Projects[/i], including a possible banner contest in the future, maybe a handful of LucasFilm associated icons being allowed, Indiana Jones IV spoilers... and of course encouraging decent conversation & traffic.

The first business though is to define the scope of the forum. So anyone who has an opinion on what should and should not be "on-topic" in the forum is invited to please post their comments in this thread in the LFP board; [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9388574&replies=11][b]The future of this forum... (comments, ideas, suggestions wanted)[/b][/link].

[hr]

[color=blue][b]Banner Contests[/color][/b]

Banner contests are now underway in the Amphitheatre, Games, and Collecting forums. Please see those forums for more details. Winners get VIP status and receive a special title.

[hr]

[color=blue][b]Film Music Hall[/color][/b]

After a discussion in the Advisory Council, [b]RidingMyCaroselOnYou[/b] has taken over the role of the Film Music Hall moderator. [b]RidingMyCaroselOnYou[/b] is currently working with the regulars of the Film Music Hall to hammer out the board and the fate that surrounds it. [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9455797]This thread[/link] was started in the Film Music Hall to discuss the future of the board as well as ideas to bring more traffic to the board and make it a better, more enjoyable board. More information will be available in the next update. :)

[hr]

[color=blue][b]Ye Olde Shakespearian Misquote - by Liz [/color][/b]

Vertical: Have patience, please.
    JCers, fellow mods, and Air Conditioners! hear me say my
    cause, and be silent, that you may hear: trust me
    to give reason, and have respect for mine, even
    if you do not share it: censure me not in your wisdom, and
    awake your senses, that you may the better judge my deed.
    If there be any that read this a dear friend of
    the banned, to him I say, that my love for Trollkien
    was no les

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    You forgot the Collecting Banner contest. :)

3. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Brief, short, and to the point.

The way updates are supposed to be!

Great job KW.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sorry, I was unaware there was a banner contest at the moment for Collecting. I shall add that.

5. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Great update. Thanks dude :)

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Awesome update, Knight, can't wait to see the banner contest winners.

7. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I don't recall a time where I've seen so many mod resignations (both temporary and permanent) in such a short period of time. Sorry to see you go, and best of luck to the new mods.

8. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks for the update, KW.

9. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Sorry to see Son of the Suns and Gandolf the Grey leave :(

Congradulations to Red-Seven, Nwalme Jade, Jaina Mirax, Mace Windy, Bacabachaui, Mr. Neck or Yarael Poof, Mara_Jade_Fan, and Vertical :D.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I don't recall a time where I've seen so many mod resignations (both temporary and permanent) in such a short period of time. Sorry to see you go, and best of luck to the new mods.

I would have ot agree, Maddux, i mean, there is usually 0-2 step downs and step ups each week, but this breaks the limit, but at least new people that will possibly be the next Vertical will be coming in. :confused:

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Nice to see that some one is looking out for the small forums around here. I think it is a great idea to try to get more traffic in LFL. What are the chances of doing this for another poor, neglected forum: Games:RPG? It gets about the same amount of activity and could probably benefit for the same type of attention.

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I have to agree with JGM that I don't ever recall seeing mod promotions/resignations taking up so much space either (almost half the update, not counting the misquote of course!). I'm sorry to see the ol' mods go, and I'll miss them, but it'll also be good to have some new blood in.

Could the Mod Squad please ensure that the threads in Info Threads are updated, especially those which deal with who to approach in case of emergency/banning? Thanks!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I know RMCOY was doing some updating in the Info Threads forum the other day. Mostly just removing and adding names/links so that all the correct mods were listed under each forum.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    So many people stepping down. :(

Great update!

15. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    such moving experiences happening here. :( :_|

welcome, new leaders. [face_love] :)

all hail, to the new Supreme Chancellor, may his head continue to fit his one-size-fits-all hat. :D

thanks, good update.

16. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    So many comings and goings!

Axl

17. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Wow, I had no idea Nathan was stepping down. I'm really sorry to hear that; you were always one of the good ones. (Oh, and the same to rest! ;) )

On a somewhat related note, the high turnover rate among administrators is a bit distressing. I understand personal comitments aren't something you want to be neglecting in favour of a message board, but... ah, whatever. It's no biggie.

Just pick Sapient as his replacement. kthx

18. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    So long, SOTS and Gandolf. Hope to see you around :)

Nice update! Thanks! :D

...and a Jango

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I think it is a great idea to try to get more traffic in LFL. What are the chances of doing this for another poor, neglected forum: Games:RPG? It gets about the same amount of activity and could probably benefit for the same type of attention.

In the past the general line has been "XXXX forum is so light in traffic, it's not worth promoting someone new just for that".

I disagree with this line of reasoning, so by taking on LucasFilm Projects, I am trying to prove my theory that the reason traffic in some forums is near-comatose is precicely because there is no enthusiastic, interested mod presence to encourage discussion and activity.

If my theory pans out (and LFP becomes a vibrant, fun, active forum in the next 6 months or so), I'm hoping we will see a follow on effect and the wisdom behind promoting new, enthusiastic moderators for other slow forums will be realised.

Stay tuned. And come post in LucasFilm Projects! ;)

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    On a somewhat related note, the high turnover rate among administrators is a bit distressing.

Gotta agree with you there. The number of entries in that section each week seems to increase exponentially over time.

21. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, it's a shame to see so many good moderators leave. I'm sure the new people can do just equally well in their positions however, so congratulations to them! :D

22. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Sometimes new blood is needed and the old just fades away. It's distressing to see two administrators and two well respected managers leave all at once, but we're getting through and the boards have been OK so far.

23. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I could not agree with you more jp-30. It is becoming tiresome to finding a random mod anytime there is a problem in there; most are willing to help with a lock or an edit, but there is no one that can help promote the board and take a proactive role. An official mod in each forum could only help the situation.

24. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Its the nature of the business, I guess, to have them leaving. Its a bit weird to have so many going in such a short period of time.

There might be new blood, but the question is, is new blood going to be up to the standard of the old blood?

Unfortunately, IMO, many good members of the administration are leaving, and ones being promoted over the last year arent all up to the same standard.

Time will tell, I guess.

25. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    ! NathanDahlin! stepping down?!

Does this mean you'll have more time to PM children's books to me? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.