main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending 5-21

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KnightWriter, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Mod Squad Update for the Week Ending May 21, 2003.

[u]Moderator Comings and Goings[/u]

[blockquote]
    [b]KnightWriter[/b] took a few days off and then returned. Also, [b]dp4m[/b] is taking a week off, and will be in Las Vegas. Wish him luck ;).

[b]Bria[/b] returned from her schoolwork exile, and [b]Kit'[/b] has completely returned from a semi-break. Last but definitely not least, [b]Grilled-Sarlacc[/b] has returned to us from Iraq and has resumed his duties in 3SA and with the icons :).[/blockquote]

[u]Banners[/u]
    [blockquote]
    Banners throughout the JC have been the subject of some discussion, and we're coordinating several current banner contests, as well as planning to replace the general JC banner with something new for the summer. The [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11549037&page=1]AOTC Forum Banner Contest[/link] is in its last week, so check it out if you haven't already. The Fan Fiction [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11648410&page=1]banner contest[/link] is also in its last week. [b]Gandolf[/b] is our main banner person, so check with him for more details.[/blockquote]

[u]Vacant Administrator Position[/u]

[blockquote]
    Due to [b]Padme Bra's[/b] recent departure from the Security Administrator position, we have an opening for an administrator position. However, due to the apparent lack of general need for a security administrator position, it was decided to leave the position open indefinitely. This is subject to change if necessary, but at this time, we will not be adding another JC administrator. [/blockquote]

[u]Icons[/u]

[blockquote]
    [b]Grilled-Sarlacc[/b] has resumed his duties as the JC Icon Manager. [b]Amidala_Skywalker[/b] did an outstanding job for the forums these past few months. Please be sure to thank her for her dedication and efforts to keep the JC full of new and great icons! Thanks, [b]Am[/b] :)!
    [/blockquote]

[u]Lucasfilm Icons[/u]

[blockquote]
    Our esteemed Games and Lucasfilm Projects moderator brought forward a request for some Lucasfilm-related icons ([i]Indiana Jones, THX1138, Willow, Labyrinth, American Graffiti, ILM[/i] etc). You can submit your own icon for consideration [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11723055]here[/link] :).[/blockquote]

[u]Technical problems[/u]
    [blockquote]
    We have continued to discuss technical problems as some of them have arisen, but as of yet, there doesn't seem to be an available solution. We just want everyone to be aware that we know about the problems, and that they affect everyone.[/blockquote]

[u]Classic Trilogy Forum Trivia Contest[/u]

[blockquote]
    Congratulations to [b]Errant_Venture[/b] for emerging victorious in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11378996&page=1]CT Forum Trivia Contest[/link] :). The contest is being run by host [b]Master Salty[/b] and moderator [b]Dark Lady Mara[/b].[/blockquote]

[u]The Phantom Menace Forum Trivia Contest[/u]

[blockquote]
    Congratulations to the [b]Obi-Wannabes[/b] in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10519142&replies=646]TPM Forum Trivia Contest[/link]! The contest was hosted with style and panache by [b]strilo[/b] and his team of gallant researchers. Colors and titles were awarded, so look for folks sporting blue on white...[/blockquote]

[u]Big Brother News[/u]

[blockquote]
    The [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10484]Big Brother Game[/link] (run by [b]cbjedi[/b]) continues, having completed its second week. Housemate [b]COSLeiaOrganaSolo[/b] joins [b]Ornen[/b] as evicted (but not forgotten ;)) housemates.[/blockquote]

2. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    where the hell is my UBWF? >:eek:

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Due to Padme Bra's recent departure from the Security Administrator position, we have an opening for an administrator position. However, due to the apparent lack of general need for a security administrator position, it was decided to leave the position open indefinitely. This is subject to change if necessary, but at this time, we will not be adding another JC administrator.

It's definitely nice and quiet around the JC now.

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Welcome home, Grilled-Sarlacc.
    Thank you, Amidala

Vacant positions mean smaller payroll..... :D

5. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Great job, KnightWriter! :D

6. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Cheers to the great Grilled Sarlacc and welcome back.

7. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm glad to see the trivia games are becoming such a hit across the JCC, whether in the TPM forum or with the Who Wants To Be A Million Colors in the YJCC forum. Great job people.

8. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    This will be a week long remembered. It has seen the return of Grilled-Sarlacc, and will soon see the end of the Security Administrator.

Damn I suck at that.

9. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    Good to see several old moderators back :) especailly G-S

10. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Good to see G-S back and Bria back and Kit back :)

Great work from Am did a great job with the icons.

11. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Welcome home, Grilled-Sarlacc. Hope you're enjoying rainy NC. :) Thanks, Ams, for working hard on the icons and trying to manage school at the same time. :)

12. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    It's great to see everyone back from wherever they were, especially Grilled-Sarlacc. You did a fantastic job with icons, Ams. :D

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks, guys :).

Good update, Josh! Good luck to G-S in the future with the icons. I?m glad I was able to work with them even if it was only for a limited time. I did announce I might be working with G-S, but I see he?s got the situation completely in hand.

On another note, fanfic banner contest ends very soon. Please be sure to get your entries in, and not miss out :).

Am [face_love]

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    However, due to the apparent lack of general need for a security administrator position, it was decided to leave the position open indefinitely.

How so? As of right now, the JC is in a fix of opinions vs. rules and then some, so i'd think we'd need an admin now more than ever.

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    How so? As of right now, the JC is in a fix of opinions vs. rules and then some, so i'd think we'd need an admin now more than ever.

That doesn't really have anything to do with the security administrator position.

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Yeah, a 3rd admin wouldn't do much to change your perception of things.

17. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002

If I understood what that meant I might disagree with it, but as is I'll just stand by the fact that we're fine with the admins we have. Things are going more smoothly now than just about any other period during my time here. Perhaps that means the dam's about to burst, but we can always add an admin if the need arises.

18. young_padme

young_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome home, Sarlacc. :) And thank you for helping protect what the US stands for.

So since the two trivia contests are done, are they going to start up again soon? or was it a one time thing?

EDIT: Speeling...

19. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    Welcome back Grilled-Sarlack! We missed you!

20. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

It is indeed nice to see G-S back and doing the icons again.

21. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Can you tell us what's going on with and in the AC, since apparently now that's your job since their budget can't afford electrons now, being as it is totally speant on their own saleries.

22. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    We've discussed what makes a good forum, welcomed back UKS, discussed the different approaches to moderating, discussed an inflammatory subject that keeps popping up in the Senate and discussed socks starting COMMS threads.

There's your update. Should I add pretty markup codes as well? :)

EDIT: Added pretty markup codes for Salty.

23. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Could you add pretty mark-up codes for me?

Please....

EDIT: Thanks, Jim.

:)

24. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    what this place needs is a firm hand.........too many young kids messing about with freethinking ideas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.