main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending April 23

Discussion in 'Communications' started by General Kenobi , Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    If the basher and gusher threads are NOT about affiliations, then again I have to ask why we need them.

They are there for people to express their opinions. It's much easier for the Mods to moderate the forum (keep in mind that I'm NOT a Mod and hence can't really tell other than by theory) because you don't have to constantly worry about flame wars erupting all over the place. If you have a place where you can bash TPM and a place where you can elevate TPM to the sky, then there's no reason - theoretically - for people to go doing their bashing elsewhere. Even if they *did* bash/gush elsewhere, it should be in lesser amounts than without the sanctuaries.

So, if I were a Mod - of course I would keep them open.

And those threads ARE about TPM - they are discussing the film, so at the bottom ground they belong exactly where they are.

:)

Aunecah

2. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    But there has been a history of ostrification of people who loved TPM in the TPM forum since Quix signed on as Moderator. Most of them are no longer coming to the TPM forum, because their perception is it is being controlled by the bashers.

Yeah I mean Quix and Stryphe hate me so much they yell and flame me ever day and tell me to drop dead and saw I should never post in the TPM forum ever again because I don't hate TPM. They tell Strlio that to. [face_plain]

That has not happened at all Go-Mer.

If the basher and gusher threads are NOT about affiliations, then again I have to ask why we need them.

Answerd in the last post but jsut in case. Also at times people want to get way and to with jsut the people that do not like the PT. Same with those who like the PT.

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I disagree Aunecah_Skywalker. I think the reason things are better in the TPM forum is due to people growing out of the Basher/Gusher mentality, and the Basher and Gusher threads are relics that once served a good purpose, but which now only serve to keep the Basher Gusher situation going, on low burn.

I think it is high time TFN started treating every TPM fan as a unique individual, and do away with polarized cliques in the film forums as a matter of policy.

If people start flaming other users, there are provisions for handling it.

Punish the flamers, not the forums.

4. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I disagree. I think the reason things are better in the TPM forum is due to people growing out of the Basher/Gusher mentality, and the Basher and Gusher threads are relics that once served a good purpose, but which now only serve to keep the Basher Gusher situation going, on low burn.

[face_plain]

So really there is no way or no one that will change your mind. There is nothing any one can post that will show you that they are just fine. To you they are the reason for this whole G/B thing [face_plain]

That was like someone else just like you Go-Mer who said that the whole G/B thing was started by me and so on. [face_plain]

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Obviously, you are unwilling to consider anybody's POV than yours. I think I'm done here.

Aunecah

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    And I suppose you are any different in this matter?

If they are just fine, then why do people such as myself, C-3PO, Jedi Learner, and everyone who tried to participate in the pettition to get rid of the clique threads think things aren't so fine?

The very existance of these polarized clique threads is the problem. The fact that the people who consider themselves bashers or gushers like it that way isn't a good reason to keep it alive.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Go-Mer...
    "But there has been a history of ostrification of people who loved TPM in the TPM forum since Quix signed on as Moderator."

:eek: You're right to bring this up in Comms. If Quixotic-Sith is turning people who loved TPM into ostriches, then the administration really ought to know about it.

We don't want all of the TPM fans going around sticking their heads into the ground.

8. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    You're right to bring this up in Comms. If Quixotic-Sith is turning people who loved TPM into ostriches, then the administration really ought to know about it.

We don't want all of the TPM fans going around sticking their heads into the ground.

Ok but that is not happening at all.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    So, no one's being ostrificated? Damn. Carry on then.

Or is it like what those Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars artists do all day, just ostranding around.

10. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I am glad you find this matter amusing.

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I think it's been made pretty clear here that Go-Mer's issue is personal with Quixotic Sith, or that it is really focused on the Mods and not the 2 threads.

12. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I think it's been made pretty clear here that Go-Mer's issue is personal with Quixotic Sith, or that it is really focused on the Mods and not the 2 threads.

That what I'm seeing to.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    You guys will see what you want to see.

14. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    There's really no justification for closing down the Sanctuary and Defence threads.

Furthermore, both have developed beyond their original purposes, and have become social threads for the posters there.

Not only that, but should you close them down, the TPM forum would be a very quiet place.

How about moving on?

15. Nebucchad

Nebucchad Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Heard that Go-Mer-Tonic is still not allowed to post in BS...why is that?

If any member follows TOS they should be welcomed to post anywhere.

And Darth Sapient said he can post, why change of mind?

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Go-Mer: This, I don't think, really goes in the Mod Squad. If you have problems with Quix, why not just PM-chat with Sapient?

You're saying that the threads don't belong there - well, I still don't see why they don't. They're polarizing the forums - exactly how? I simply don't get it.

Aunecah

17. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I don't want them closed, just relocated to community where all the other film based fan/hate clubs are located.

The Basher Gusher threads are polar opposites, which is why they polarize the TPM forum. :)

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    No, they don't! It would be polarizing the forum if they were the only two threads allowed in there. There are twenty-three threads on the first-page itself if you want to discuss TPM rather than bash/gush it. :)

Aunecah

19. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I obviously disagree. :)

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Heard that Go-Mer-Tonic is still not allowed to post in BS...why is that?

If any member follows TOS they should be welcomed to post anywhere.

To answer that, I will quote Quixotic Sith: "Because for four years you've demonstrated quite a bit of difficulty sticking to the topic at hand. You fall too easily into personal comments and attacks in that environment, so I took the temptation away. Enjoy what you have left - 800+ threads of discussion, and 13,000 across five forums."

And Darth Sapient said he can post, why change of mind?

I think Sape realized there is more to the Go-Mer situation than meets the eye. He probably talked to Quixotic Sith about things or read Go-Mer's user notes. To be sure though, Sape would need to address this.

21. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Apparently, I am so evil, I am beyond redemption.

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Now I will quote myself: "Four years of posting history with the same mistakes over and over and over again speaks for itself."

23. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    There you have it. I am unworthy of redemtion.

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Alright, for now the threads will stay open in the TPM Forum. I see no reason to close them.

25. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Again, we see that Quix enjoys unquestioned authority in the TPM forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.