main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 16th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
  2. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Y'know, I'm one of those Santas. I believe I used it to distibute storyboards two christmases ago.

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm appalled, this thread is seriously lacking in drama.

DDH (or some random admin, I don't care who) go ban someone in Games for no apparent reason, say it was for the integrity of the forums.

Dan, start a huge thread demanding the return of the banned Games poster. Complain that the admin had it out for that poster that they have ties to some underground forum started by some other random admin to ban that specific person. Toss around accusations of conspiracies, coverups and so forth. If you need help getting in there to find incriminating evidence, find darthpsychotic and ask for help from him.

With your help, we can bring back the required daily dosage of internet drama that has been lacking from this update.

We now return you to the thread already in progress.

4. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    DDH (or some random admin, I don't care who) go ban someone in Games for no apparent reason, say it was for the integrity of the forums.

Dan, start a huge thread demanding the return of the banned Games poster. Complain that the admin had it out for that poster that they have ties to some underground forum started by some other random admin to ban that specific person. Toss around accusations of conspiracies, coverups and so forth. If you need help getting in there to find incriminating evidence, find darthpsychotic and ask for help from him.

Sounds like a damn good plan to me. Unfortunately 90% of Games posters are usually banned. ;)

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    ban Dan, and unban someone to ask for Dan's return. Then reban the banned, and unban Dan :)

6. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Hell, what forum they're from doesn't matter, we just need DRAMA!!

7. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Ban Josh and Scott! Haha.

8. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    We could ban Joel again and see how long it takes people to notice.

9. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Bah. That's not original. It's boring now that it happens so often.

10. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Right. Hmmm, something original... unban Kerry, nah, been there. Make Shar Kida a mod, nah, too scary. C'mon people think, we need some DRAMA NOW!!!

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Make Internet_Drama a moderator. Instant DRAMA!

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    how about i tape myself dancing w/ lobsters in my hand instead? [face_plain]

13. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Good update, but, yes - not enough drama-making material

14. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    you want drama? read the weekly killing-of-shakespearian-classics in the update. rolleyes.gif

oh, and btw, you forgot Satan_Claus. [face_devil]

15. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    [Caesar] Nice, nice. Not thrilling but nice.[/Caesar]

Glad you are keeping Kads board hidden, and not letting people take a look around.

Any ideas running through Kads head are most probably pretty twisted. Its a good idea to keep everyone away from his ideas :p

Actually, I am sorta intruiged about what ideas could be better than sticky topics.

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    ReaperFett - That's purely coincidental. I was just fixing up a little thing that I forgot when we wrote this, so you can blame Gandy for the bad grammar.

THX is used to test mainly system styles and it is also being used to test this new option so that we can have multiple versions to look at at the one time. Test Subject is there so that I could do the original testing without destroying anything, and now so that other managers can familiarise themselves with the tools we have without worrying about breaking anything.

As for the other forum accessable via the "/" option, I really can't remember. The only thing that I think it could be is the Books forum that we had for a short time. That one has been there in my profile for a while.

Edit: As for the talk of how useful it is, hopefully it will remove the pressing need we have at the moment for sticky topics, and give us some options that we could really use. Once we get it settled and organised for the forums we'll get it out there straight away.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, Kadue. I can't wait until each page here plays a Midi of the "Emperor's March" or "Cantina Theme" upon opening. Bring it on!

18. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Coolness.

I'm wondering if it's an Announcement Thread that stays at the top :p

Now I'm assuming that the latest title feature came with a bundle of other manager options? Cool. I hope they're finger-lickin good!

¤Night

19. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Now I'm assuming that the latest title feature came with a bundle of other manager options? Cool. I hope they're finger-lickin good!

Nope, Kadue just figured out how to use the options he had.

The 'teh' was intentional.

20. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    So for how many months all the managers have been sitting around with all these niftrific options and they never once looked at them and said "I wonder what this does!". I thought that all people immediatly explored all powers they got obtained as soon as they got them!

You people are weird :p

¤Night

21. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    I'm sorry, but this weeks update was pathetic in ther DRAMA catagory..I needs me some drama!!!!!!!

22. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    [image=http://www.boomspeed.com/canoli42/drama_meter_1.jpg]

23. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL!

What would happen if the Drama meter hit 0?

*shudders to think of it*

24. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Nice update, but not as interesting without the Drama. I don't have to even watch TV anymore.

25. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I think this lack of DRAMA is actually DRAMA in itself. Absence of TEH DRAMA must be explored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.