main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending June 30th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    I banned I_D because technically he was spamming, not contributing anything and in some cases instigating more drama than previously existed in the thread.

And it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you loathe that sock would it?

2. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Your point? There's nothing against not liking someone on the board. Where does it say I have to like everyone? I just have to be fair when viewing the whole. Any normal user would have been banned for doing what I_D did, yet he remained unbanned. It struck me as unfair. I rectified the situation, others disagreed, and without an ounce of happiness - though relaxed that the drama would be over - I unbanned the little sucker.

But didn't you hear? I'm a monster and pure evil, so this is par for the course. [face_mischief]

Thank you jp-30 for getting this snapshot ;) : [image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/id2.gif]

3. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Your point? There's nothing against not liking someone on the board. Where does it say I have to like everyone? I just have to be fair when viewing the whole.
    Yeah, but you weren't fair. That's why all the other moderators made you unban Internet_Drama. Because it wasn't fair. Understand so far?
    Any normal user would have been banned for doing what I_D did, yet he remained unbanned.
    Have you ever been to JC Community? Obviously not.
    I'm a monster and pure evil, so this is par for the course.
    I'm beginning to see why everybody thinks this way.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That's why all the other moderators made you unban Internet_Drama. Because it wasn't fair. Understand so far?

Don't forget sentimental value. Internet_Drama has a high amount of it among users. Not saying that's right or wrong, just pointing it out.

5. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    *eases some tension...*

[image=http://www.hansen.net.nz/images/id2.gif]

Comic Book Guy is missing a pupil in his right eye in that picture.

6. Disapprobation

Disapprobation Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Bane, that is abuse. Shame on you.

7. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I did not see one post of hate coming from him thats why I questioned it, granted he was messed up in the head but you know maybe being around people who didnt go OMG KKK GUY LETS KILL HIM, he might of learned to not be so hateful and change his ways.

"User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful,"

Yet he did not post anything hateful (cept his sig which I found out about after, still dont know what it said though)

1 bad person in a group of 100 good people will usualy become one of those 100.

And he even STATED he didnt hate other race's, and just didnt believe in equality(and guess what alot of people who are well off, no matter there skin colour do not really believe in it as well).

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    "User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful,"

damn, no more George Bush quotes then [face_plain]

Really - that ban is a joke. The person was fishing and you lot decided to bite [face_plain]

9. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    What is 3SA? i dont think i've ever heard of it before......I would like to check it out.

10. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    3SA is the Episode 3 Spoilers Allowed Forum..the place to go to learn all about Ep3 before it comes out.

EDIT: HAHA, Beat Sapient :p

For my 2c, it seems like the guy that is part of the KKK is trying to instigate trouble. If I had a sig that said I believe that all Jews were superior to Muslims/Christians/Buddhists/Hindus/anything, I sure as hell would deserve to be banned. You cant allow people to come here and advertise what is essentially discrimination....saying that others are inferior.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    3SA is the Episode 3 Spoilers Area

12. MushroomHead

MushroomHead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    You've got to know that mentioning the KKK is going to cause trouble. Also this is still a family forum and most schools will filter out things such as the KKK up to a certain age from the net as it is deemed unnaceptable. Coming to a public board and flaunting something obviously with that knowledgeis err well spoiling for a fight which is why he got banned I guess.

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    What confuses me to this day is why there are a number of users on this board who I've never seen post in any of the film forums. Why even join a Star Wars message board? I think some people just get off on causing trouble, stirring up emotions, and being protected under the anonymity of a computer remotely hidden.

One can certainly understand that any hate group has no place in here. It's a subject of deep pain and a dark history. If you have so much time on your hands, why not put that energy to good use instead of trying to create controversy in a place we try to go during the day to escape it?

14. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    You know you guys, I will bet 10 internet dollars that this guy had nothing to do with the KKK. Even if he did, putting everything out like that, was going to cause problems, hell it already was. No matter, either way, it was trolling. He keeps his stuff to himself, no problem at all. But he made it public where everyone could see it, do you really think people were going to read it and say, "Isn't that nice."

EDIT: Spaient: :D [face_laugh]

15. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    AA:

You're defending a racist just to create some drama. I'm afraid you're on the losing end of the stick here, to anyone who is looking at things objectively.

You heard that we banned a KKK member, and you went and looked at his post, and chose to defend him because you think the administration is just a bunch of ban-happy fools.

Nevermind the fact that you didn't know about his signature, nor did you bother to ask. Nevermind the fact that you didn't read what was in his profile, nor did you bother to ask. I mean, nevermind that you didn't have all the facts. You just charged ahead and defended someone making claims that the White Race was the superior race in a post, and thought that was within the Terms of Service.

You really picked a winner to defend in your crusade to question everything the administration does this time, AA. Really exposes your agenda. Nice.

Vertical

16. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Hmm, hidden agendas...

17. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I could care less about the other guy, other then the reason of his banning (which yes I didnt see his sig or profile, but from the looks of things he wasent flaming anyone in his posts)

I asked why he was banned and was told his sig, then that was the end of it. Then it was brought up again and voiced my thoughts on it.

From the looks of his banning he was just banned because he was a KKK memeber or said he was.

And what is my agenda vertical? Last time I checked I didnt have one.

18. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    DDH that's what I meant to say, isn't that what I said? you're taking these hawkeye thing a bit too far.
    Sheesh kebobs.

I actually have to agree with vert, the administration is just a bunch of ban-happy fools, well that as well but what I mean is that sure you could think of many reasons to defend someone like that saying that the admins shouldn't have banned him, he was being perfectly pleasant, but you've got to admit that you only put a sig like that to create trouble, I mean he could have put "I'm a nazi" in his sig "I believe in torturing animals" he may be a very nice person but there is no need to stick it in a sig unless you want to bring attention to it.

I'm going round in circles. DDH can repeat what I said in words that make more sense 8-}

19. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    I don't believe that's a very good interpretation of what I said.

AA first thing on your agenda is brunch, followed shortl by lunch, supper, dinner, tea and then finally a snak before starting again tomorrow.

EDIT: Hey where'd that post go???

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    My slow modem made it very much out of place and not where I wanted it. I deleted it, it helped nothing.

21. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    Oh well it super dooperly confused me.

And the answer to your question is Robert Redford.

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    AA et.al, if this truly ends up being your biggest problem of the day or week, then I envy you. There are people far worse off who could really use your sort of enthusiasm and energy for something real, substantive, and defense of the oppressed.

23. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    I didn't think there was an et.al?
    I don't think AA is a supporter of hate groups it just seems to me that it was as good an opportunity for him to bring up questions about the process of banning people.
    But it does look like most people would like to drop the topic as done, I guess.
    I'd like to know who the helpful members are, if they are so helpful they deserve to be named.

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I never said he supported them. I believe he doesn't. He supports anything that stirs up controversy and negativity towards the administration. He sees the group as a collective organization who is power-hungry and oppressive. That's why I said it's sad he doesn't focus all that negative energy he carries around for something good, a cause that actually helps someone.

Once you get to a level like he has and have developed a reputation, it's almost as if what you're saying gets unnoticed because people know what to expect. Why not tell me what you thought of AOTC or what you would like to see in Episode III? Make a conscious effort to be nicer and save yourself at an early age from later-in-life ulcers and headaches.

25. MushroomHead

May 28, 2002
    Yes.Yes Indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.