Mod Squad Update for the week ending May 26th (Bigger, bolder, new format!)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh geez Bane, I think you need to fire your writers :p

I guess this is what happens when you spend so much time repressing jokes in the Senate?
  2. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lord Bane everyone, Lord Bane, let's give him a round of applause. He'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitresses.
  3. toochilled Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can I have colors? I've always wanted to be green.
  4. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i shall recite the dispicable "Satanic Verse" if you don't do what he says, and if that doesn't scare you the historical subtext sure will!
  5. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have nothing to ask. :_| Very informative, Gandolf.

As far as setting up a new movie/EU forum, I have to agree with Gandolf and Vertical. It would be a bad idea. The infrastructure is already in place to discuss the movies and/or to discuss the EU. Due to the nature of the Star Wars Saga, there will be some overlap of non-movie items in the movie forums and of movie-items in the non-movie forums.

Why this overlap has bothered anyone to the extent it does is beyond me. It's easy really...
    1. movie discussions - movie forums
    2. EU discussions - EU forums
    Therefore...
    3. EU-related movie discussions are still movie discussions and belong in the movie forums.
    4. movie-related EU discussions are still EU discussions and belong in the EU forums.

That's always seemed rather elementary to me.

I don't think there needs to be an entirely new forum to cover the 0.1% of threads which are multi-universal in nature covering both EU and movies equally.
  6. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Great Update guys! Thanks! :D
  7. Red_Oktobur Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  8. DUSHONI Force Ghost

star 4
    Darth Dark Helmet: I think that Preacher Boy was behind this.

[face_laugh] ROTFLMAO!!
  9. SW3TheHolidaySpecial Jedi Master

star 4
    The AOTC board is a mess and IS a priority I agree but the episode 3 spoilers board is also insane.

I can't PM a mod about every other thread in there and it seems that it is rarely moderated?Am I the only one that cares about this issue?Coz if I am,I need to shut up.

But it seems very off topic and disorganized in there.
  10. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    "so look for the newest Mod(s) to be really peppy go-get-?em kind of guys (or gals). "

**Gets image of mods with a fettish for PINK **

[face_shocked] [face_agony] The horror!
  11. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    We're here to moderate. Let's moderate. If we're having problems staying on top of things, let's bring aboard new mods, not make the AOTC forum a constrictive discussion forum.

Sounds good to me! I've noticed that sometimes late at night (2-4 AM EST), redundant topics start popping up, and it usually takes a while for them to be locked. Thankfully, when I wake up the next morning, someone has taken care of them.

Keep up the great work.
  12. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Embarrased to say that this is the first update I've read. [face_blush] I'm very impressed with all of your hard work and appreciate being able to see what you are working on with the forums.

Thanks! :D
  13. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "We're here to moderate. Let's moderate. If we're having problems staying on top of things, let's bring aboard new mods, not make the AOTC forum a constrictive discussion forum."

Does anyone else think this should have been followed by a montage, set to some 80s music, of all the mods locking threads and banning some people. That would have been cool.

Amazing.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.