main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the Week Ending October 13, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    ****Mod Squad Update for the Week Ending October 13, 2002****

[b][color=blue]Communications ? Recommendations and Discussions[/b][/color]

[hl=darkblue][color=white]KnightWriter[/color][/hl] started a thread as a result of Whimper?s thread in Communications. The initial Comms thread was locked but the second thread outlined specific points and spawned fantastic and constructive comments from both sides of the issue.

[i][u]Mod Squad comments/discussion[/i][/u]
    [li]All admins will make a concerted effort to more actively participate in Comms. It is our common forum and we all have a responsibility to read and respond on a consistent basis.[/li]
    [li]We need to do our best to foster legitimate and specific discussion as opposed to having Comms lose effectiveness as a result of a small group of users causing drama.[/li]
    [li][hl=lightpink][color=whitesmoke][b]GriffZ[/b][/color][/hl] started a Mod Squad thread that alerts mods of a specific forum that a Comms thread needs their immediate attention and that discussion is focused on their forum.[/li]
    [li] We are considering having mods dedicated to Comms, although everyone will participate.[/li]
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]New Moderators and the Dearly Departed[/b][/color]

[li][b][color=black][hl=red]Quixotic-Sith[/b][/hl][/color] accepted the position as [i]The Phantom Menace[/i] Forum moderator. We cannot explain it. We carried him, gave birth to him...there was no father. Odd indeed.[/li]
    [li]Due to personal life tugging at him, [hl=palegreen][color=limegreen]green_cross_code[/color][/hl] decided to take a leave of absence from the forums. He will be missed.[/li]
    [li]On a lighter note, [hl=indigo][color=lavender][b][i]RidingMyCaroselOnYou[/i][/b][/color][/hl] accepted the position of moderator for the Ampitheater Forum. We always question the sanity of anyone willing to become a moderator.[/li]
    [li]Our favorite plain face user was promoted to Manager. [hl=lightpink][color=whitesmoke][b]GriffZ[/b][/color][/hl] can now scroll text at will.[/li]
    [li][hl=dodgerblue][color=springgreen][i][b]Genghis12[/i][/b][/color][/hl] accepted a position as the new moderator for Literature. So, did Boba Fett die or not? That is the question.[/li]
    [li] [hl=navy][color=goldenrod][b]Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof[/color][/b][/hl] has rejoined the staff and is again a part of the tribe. It only goes to show that moderating is an addiction and that once it has affected your brain, you are always under its sick spell.[/li]
    [li][hl=mediumseagreen][color=antiquewhite][b]Commander Antilles[/hl][/color][/b] returned to admin duties as a manager.[/li]

All these promotions receieved feedback, both positve and negative. We are aware of this, it is normal, and we always discuss it. We ask, however, that if you strongly disagree with a nomination to take it up via PM with that member or if you are uncomfortable with doing so, PM another admin who will bring up your concern on your behalf while allowing you to remain safely anonymous.
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]Forum Headers Updated[/b][/color]

The majority of the headers for all forums are being updated. Specific questions about the content should be directed to the forum moderators, while any tech questions should be sent to [hl=papayawhip][color=saddlebrown][b]Kadue[/b][/color][/hl].
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]Consistency in Moderating[/b][/color]

[hl=whitesmoke][color=indigo][b]JediGaladriel[/b][/color][/hl] started a great thread reminding all admins for the need of consistency on moderating. While everyone may have a different style and might call a shot differently, the overall principles and guiding rules are shared by all. We are all climbing up the same mountain, but we may have different ways of getting to the top.
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]False Accusations Via PM[/b][/color]

This is considered to be an offense of slander and will be treated as such. If a name is defamed without proof, publicly or privately, it will be treated the same. This is policy.
    [hr]
    [b][co

2. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Teh GrippZ is a Manager?!

:D

Congrats to Genghis (did you read my Admin notes yet?) and to RMCOY!!!

3. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    thank you, sape.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I love you.

5. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    GriffZ started a Mod Squad thread that alerts mods of a specific forum that a Comms thread needs their immediate attention and that discussion is focused on their forum.

JediGaladriel started a great thread reminding all admins for the need of consistency on moderating. While everone may have a different style and might call a shot differently, the overall principles and guiding rules are shared by all. We are all climbing up the same mountain, but we may have different ways of getting to the top.

Very nice. :)

Good update.

6. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
  7. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Nice update. Congrats to the new mods. :)

Now...can I get some love? :(

8. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    good work! :)

9. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    *hugs Spike*
    I still love you ;)

And thanks for the update, Sapient. Great work :D

10. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    aww... *sheds a tear*

I love you man!!!!!!!!!111111111

:p

Nice misquote too.

11. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    That was a great update! Thanks Sapient! :D

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    "Allow users to PM nominations to a moderator sock where it would be anonymous, all admins periodically pull the PM?s and bring the results to Mod Squad, and we compile where we?re at."

And why was PMing the AC eliminated? Just wondering, I'll take this debate back to the appropriate thread now.

Oh, and good update! Like the new unban request policy! :)

13. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Have I been made a moderator yet?

14. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Thanks for the update Sapient! Nice job. :D

15. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Have I been made a moderator yet?

Yes. In my heart. :confused:

16. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Two mentions, eh? Not too shabby.

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I didn't list all options. I was going through a week's worth of threads, several of which were many pages and tried to summarize the overall direction and/or outcomes of each. Don't read too much into the inclusion or omission of options. :)

18. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Thanks for the update Sapient, and once agian a congrates to Riding and Genghis. :D

19. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Update Sapient :)

Nice to see new Moderators come, Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof back :D Sorry to see green go though :(

20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Big day for you GriffZ :D

I recieved none.

*cough*

21. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    I like these "Mod Squad Updates" I think. Good to see that all was not in vain...

22. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    What about the image thing. I didnt get that, is its just image sigs that are banned ?

[Edit : Can't string two words together syndrome]

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "What about the image thing. I didnt get that, is its just image sigs that are banned ?"

Yes, the only thing banned is to have an image that you use as a manual signature every single post. You still can have regular manual signatures (for now ;)), as long as they don't have an image.

24. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "False Accusations Via PM

This is considered to be an offense of slander and will be treated as such. If a name is defamed without proof, publicly or privately, it will be treated the same. This is policy."

Why do I get the feeling the mods are going to twist this for their own advantage rather than implementing it fairly?

25. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Brilliant, and yet not over the regular user's head.

I bow to your MS Update.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.