main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending September the First

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Liz Skywalker, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I would just like to say that threads like this show what's really wrong with the JCC. It isn't dating threads that's the problem. It's the people craving attention who start the threads that's the problem.

That, and the dating threads.

2. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I was just thinking of the same thread. Whats up with that? ...and how long till the thread about him breaking up with that girl?

3. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i'm going to have to agree with GriffZ here.

the problem isn't so much the threads, but instead that every thread degrades into the same people complaining about the same thing, namely, their lack of dating/kissing/boy/girl/goat/etc. experience

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://starwars.org.pl/galeria/classic/char/rebels/t002.jpg]

"Stay on Target!"

5. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I agree totally with GriffZ on that topic of threads in the JC. Those make the JCC a bad place to be ;)

But as everyone knows, it is hard to stop that. There is no way just to 'ban' someone for doing that, and they might have not learned their lesson, and do it again when they come back. We can't ban everyone for a thread, but neither can we just tolerate the threads and keep them open for Trolls to come in and reply, and then wait for a Moderator, such as jedi-mind-trick, who had locked that one, to come and lock the thread.

6. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Oh God, just what we need...another JM22 clone. Hey, Valyn, here's s hint, no one cares about your problems with girls. 95% of the people who post there are there to up their post count.

~Yodave27~
    The truth and nothing but it since five minutes ago....

7. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    [face_laugh]

It's funny cause it's true! :D

//ahem.....

I agree with Yodave27 on this issue.

8. Darth_Envy

Darth_Envy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 20, 2002
    I agree with Darth Attorney's agreeing with Yodave27.

9. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Is Valyn even aware that 96.43% of the JC are very to extremely annoyed with his threads of annoyance? Why cant a mod just say "Valyn, stop making these types of threads or face destruction!"? And the same to the others! In this manner, when they do it again, they can be gotten rid of for all JC eternity, and 96.43% of the other JC'ers will be happy as can be.

10. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I was just wondering, this hasn't shown to be fully effective in other forums.

But has a Mod or anyone else considered making a Sticky Topic that explains the rules, like what not to do in Social Threads, Dating Threads and ect of what we have talked about for teh YJCC ?[face_plain]

11. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I agree, we need a sticky thread explaining the YJCC rules and have it say something like the fanfilms forum sticky thread

"NEW YJCC MEMBERS: Click here first" or something. Just sticky the FAQ and it might help.

12. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Is Valyn even aware that 96.43% of the JC are very to extremely annoyed with his threads of annoyance? Why cant a mod just say "Valyn, stop making these types of threads or face destruction!"? And the same to the others! In this manner, when they do it again, they can be gotten rid of for all JC eternity, and 96.43% of the other JC'ers will be happy as can be.

Ignorance is bliss.....

But I agree Valyn and those like him, (Starts with a J, ends with a 2 and has ediMaster2 in the middle). Need to be taken out. So does anyone know where I can reach the Modfather? Or does he seek us out? Well tell him there's a nice Sunday pasta meal at my house in exchange for his *cough* services.

13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "But has a Mod or anyone else considered making a Sticky Topic that explains the rules?"

Shinjo: The new rules aren't set in stone yet. The administration is still discussing them and their implementation with the Advisory Council. Until we are sure about which new rules will be brought in, we can hardly update any lists right? ;)

Edit: And I agree with McNerf, although I think he his people have fiddled with the numbers. I would like to see the source of those figures. :D

14. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Thank you for that, Attorney :)

15. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    DarthAttorney, we all know that Nerf's opinion is the only one that really counts in the YJCC. ;)

Seriously, though, a sticky thread is not really that effective. There have been cases in the movie forums, for example, at having a thread that states what the rules are in the forum, but people break them anyway.

16. The_Modfather

The_Modfather Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 26, 2001
    "Well tell him there's a nice Sunday pasta meal at my house in exchange for his *cough* services."

This better not be microwaved or takeout pasta.... I only eat homemade pasta, like the kind my dear mama used to make...

17. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Oh, I can get my ma to make some nice pasta for you. From scratch. The kind that takes hours to cook. Also, plently of italian bread to dip into the pot.

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    But Yodave27, ever thought 95% of the people here couldnt less about what you have to say about him? :)

19. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    But Yodave27, ever thought 95% of the people here couldnt less about what you have to say about him?

No, I realize most don't care about what I think, but I don't go about it like they do. I don't start a thread about the same subject every other day. I don't start a thread on every random thought that comes into my head. I post (for the most part) responsibly.

20. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Great update, and i agree that when the new rules are put in effect that there should be a sticky note.

W. Axl Rose

21. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    This may be a bit presumptive, but will the new rules only effect social threads in JCC or will they also govern threads in say... EUC?

22. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Probably not. These new rules are pretty JCC-specific.

23. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    //Agrees with Reaperfett

Ok, in defense of a dating forum-

We already have *tons* of non-SW forums. We have a Senate to discuss politics/morals/relgion. I mean, if people want that stuff, why don't they go find some political website or soemthing to post at?

We have an arts forum, to discuss music/movies/painting and all forms of the arts. Ok...so why is THAT here? That has nothing to do with SW!

Even the Games forum- sure *some* SW games are discussed there, but it is primarily a general PC/Console discussion forum, not a SW Games discussion forum.

However, I don't think the JC needs a dating forum. I personally am not sure I even agree with the idea of the arts forum, because whoever said that the JCC is liable to become just spam is right. First we took out all mentin of politics or religion. Then we made a separate forum for music/movies/art, etc. Now people either want a separate forum for the dating threads, or they just want them all deleted. Well, what's left? The occasional "So-and-so movie star is really hot" thread, and all sorts of inane things like "What kind of underwear do you wear?" I mean, how low can we go!?

So basically, my point is, why don't people stop whining and complaining, and if they don't *like* relationship threads, why don't they stay out of them? I don't like discussing my underwear. But I am not gonna start making topics all over Communications saying "please delete all references to underwear in the JCC!", now am i? No.

Ok, so maybe some members posting habits annoy you. IS THIS THE THIRD REICH? No. So people have a little freedom to express theselves, ok? You don't hafta like everyone, and you don't hafta like what everyone says. Just live with it.

24. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Even the Games forum- sure *some* SW games are discussed there, but it is primarily a general PC/Console discussion forum, not a SW Games discussion forum.

Give us a good star wars games every 2 weeks and there would be rarely any other talk.

Cept OMG there is not a good star wars game every 2 weeks.

Now galaxies... might change this, cept most people (with the right computer.. poor griffz) will be playing the game ;)

25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "We already have *tons* of non-SW forums."

But those other forums discuss a wide range of topics as opposed to just dating/relationships.

"and if they don't *like* relationship threads, why don't they stay out of them?"

That's not the point. I and many others do stay out of them. The problems are some are not clearly dating advice threads, most are utterly pointless as they are just there for the thread starter to get attention, and all of them push other, often better, threads off the first page, just as chat threads do.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.