main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update - October 4, 2006

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RebelScum77, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't see why this warrants its own thread...people leave this site for other reasons(ie: they lose interest, DRL...) I think you laid out your argument quite well in this thread and people responded to it in kind...I don't think there would be anymore to gain by making a whole new thread about it, IMO.

BTW, nice update...I wish I could just visit Hawaii..:p

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I haven't received a PM. As YodaJeff said, users have come and gone since the day we opened for business. It's the way of things, the way of the Force. Some are happier at other messageboards. I understand that. The things you're talking about, however, is going back to a Comms thread about a decision relating to the Basher's Sanctuary. We're not going to open that back up. The topic in here went on a very long time, the mods received lots of input over the years from users, and this is the decision they made. I support that decision.

Most people have left because the main draw was the films, not because of a decision about a thread in a forum. That's done. I know some folks were upset about the sanctuary, but folks didn't leave in droves over it. Given that nothing big is happening until the animated series and TV show, we have a high number of users still posting here because of the sense of community and fun. We want you to stay and value your opinions and those former TFN users who post elsewhere. The door's always open and we'd love to have you here. We don't wish to and have never wanted to control thought, opinions, or to stifle discussion. It's the behaviors we moderate. When they cross the line, no matter which thread or which forum, we will take action and try to the best of our ability to be fair and consistent.

Bottom line, don't rehash this decision. Stay here and continue to post. Send PM's to me, gabe, or rhonderoo if you want to discuss this more. I mean that. And tell your friends at the other boards that it's still the same place and we'd love to have them back. If not, no hard feelings and I understand.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Personally, the fewer the people the better.

4. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    No, if there are too few, it won't be interesting.

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The last two posts essentially emphasize my post from above. One says the fewer the better. The other says the more people the better. That's why we try to keep the place fresh, fun, a sense of community, an eye to the future endeavors of George Lucas, all the while trying to moderate as consistently as possible knowing for every thought and idea bears with it users who feel completely the opposite way.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have a question that I think it easily answered but doesn't need its own thread.

In the YJCC there is the I've reached # of posts thread but lately we've been seeing alot of "Yeah, I reached 1,000 posts" or "I've been here a year".

Are they necessary or couldn't they be redirected? I think those that have reached some incredible milestone like 5 years here could have a thread but lately it just seems like we've had a lot of "OMG, I've been here a year!!!111!!!".

My .02 [face_money_eyes]

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    My understanding was that the "I've reached # of posts" thread was for random numbers, but users could still create personal threads for bigger milestones (maybe 10,000 posts or more in increments of 5,000?). As far as "I've been here X years", I thought the limit was definitely more than one year (maybe 3 years or longer?). I could just be making all this up though, since I don't see it in the JCC rules thread. :p

8. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    My understanding was that threads were allowed in increments of 10,000.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i've seen 15,000 and 25,000 threads so it's probably more 5,000 increments in practice.

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I believe its increments of 5,000 and usually a few more years than one. Perhaps we could have an "I've been here X number of years" thread to suffice until someone reaches 5 years or something.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    That would probably be a good idea. I'd also say that increments of 10,000 for posts would be a good guide. Just MHO. ;)

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    For use of the section above marked in bold which has been trademarked you now owe $100 to the "Ex-moderators Retirement Fund". All payments not made within 3 days are subject to 200% interest, and after one month we send both Chy and farrie around to collect and then let you choose which of them tortures you (pick Chy, listening to farrie for 5 minutes is enough to drive most people to suicide).

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Offshoot boards lol.

UKS

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've posted at four offsite boards during my five (almost six!) years here . . . the first three all dried up and blew away and I ended up coming back . . .

15. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Nice update RebelScum77. I wish I could be in Hawaii too.

16. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Don't sweat it - I don't have a clue who you are either....

17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i'm the best.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    at being the best.

20. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    The best sock ever would be e-pic.

21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    septic's better.

22. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    I'd try to distance myself from that username if I were you. I hear there is an antiseptic movement that is gaining strength.

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Tee Hee.

24. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

There should be an "oldbies" board on the JC - where us old flaming drama queens can go relive old offshoots, secret AIM chats, rivalries and hacking traumas. Where drama is not frowned upon but where drama frowns upon you.

Transexuals are not only invited - they're COMPULSARY.

UKS

P.S It should be called "cliquesreunited".

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Are you volunteering, for that compulsary bit? [face_mischief] If so I'll create the boards! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.