main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update - October 4, 2006

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RebelScum77, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Honestly, I don't care what (trans)gender you are if you can give a really nice backrub. :)

2. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    compulsory

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I only misspelled because UKS did, Sola. I swear... [face_whistling]

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's Emprobable.

:(

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Great, we have a Lit mod that can't spell. We're all doomed.

Other than that I second UKS' motion.

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I felt this gem was worth a repost.

On the subject of "droves" of people leaving. Firstly, (as others have pointed out) it has been occuring since day one of TFn. We only have a handful of '98 and '99 ers still posting here - not because we drove them away in 01 and 02 - but because people naturally grow tired of any given community and look for new places to hang out.

Secondly - please try and remember that we don't ever deliberately make policy decisions which are bad for the community. Every decision is thought out and dicussed, and is always open to reform in the future if the policy can be improved.

To suggest that we make policy decisions to push groups of people away is silly. If we make a decision which some groups feel is so bad they have to leave the community then I would argue that they weren't that serious about the community in the first place.

Finally, if we genuinely are losing users on a regular basis then so what? We aren't here to have the biggest community, or force anyone to stay - all we are looking for is a place to chat with other people around the world who have similar interests, and at least some backgroun in SW appreciation.

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm amazed at how well the Community is holding together, now the movies are finished, to be honest. I always said that after ROTS, I would go away for at least a year and not post anything, but theres something about the JC that I find compelling and after a few weeks of not being around in the autumn of 2005, I was pulled back and I'm still here - As are many.

As Sape points out, now the movies are over a drop of users is not only expected, it inevitable. When the Live Action Series gets into serious production, I guarantee a lot of people will come back and many more new users will join. Its going to be a very exciting time.

Other issue's about Off Shoot Boards have always gone on since the beginning of the JC. People go away and set up their own board and the disgrunteled flock to them, but invariably these Boards fizzle out over time. I hope thats not the fate of ORS, because I believe choice is healthy and obviously the more community's people have to post on the better, but ORS (or any other off shoot board) shouldn't effect the way the JC is moderated. Are things 100% perfect here? Of course not. No community - Especially one of this size - Can be 100% perfect. But the people who moderate these boards are good people, doing their best to serve this community. They ALL like this community and belive in this community. Nobody is here because they want to harm the community and generally they all do an excellent job.

8. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    Glad to See these Mod Squad updates are still going. I still remember when they started.

Communtication is the key. Keep up the good work. It's a thankless task!

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Um I'm sorry but... um who are you?

10. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    See what I mean? A thankless task.... lol

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Don't listen to the n00b. :p I think I still saw you in colors, but I have no idea what you modded. Did they even have dedicated forum mods back then, or was it free for all? ;) And I'm surprised there were MSUs already so long ago :eek:

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    he was an RSA for the UK.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I remember AW very well. Great to see you and hope you continue posting. :D

14. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    Hey DS! I remember debating your appointment in the mod squad and now you're Head Admin! How things change. Good job for sticking it out my friend. I'm intending to post more when I can but the family's getting bigger and the rates are getting higher... Don't you just love responsibility!

I was RSA for the UK and a general JC roaming mod. Around episode 2 it was alll hands on deck! I was mainly around JCC, PTSA and Lit. I got the pleasure of dealing with a load of late night trolls cos you lot were still in bed! ;)

15. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yep, Alpha was a PSA mod way back promoted in the big batch in October 2002. But like all of us did back then he had a bit of free reign.

16. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Um I'm sorry but... um who are you?"

lol ignorance is bliss [face_laugh]

17. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Why do these threads generally degenerate into silliness and hostility?

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Relax. They're kidding each other.

19. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Why do these threads generally degenerate into silliness and hostility?"

OMG was that a threat? :eek:

20. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Cinnamon StarWarsReference above is why we need our DRAMA forum.

UKS

P.S Please do not take this as a defence of Darth_Attourney.

21. AlphaWolf

Feb 27, 2000
    Well, I guess he can conduct his own defence....

//bows

I'm here all week...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.