Mod Squad Update | September 22, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by jedi-mind-trick, Sep 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Hey everyone!
    I am proud to present this week's MS Update. Please be kind, as this is my first attempt. Many thanks to the entire mod squad for their contributions! :D
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ?Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September 22, 2002?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I. "The Mod Squad Thanks Yarael Poof!"
  2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof has announced that he is stepping down as JCC and Collecting moderator. The good news is that he will continue to run the Mafia game in the JCC, and will periodically keep us updated on his lunch menu. :p

Thank you for all of your hard work, Neck?you will be missed.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan will be taking over as the new Collecting Moderator. Congrats and Thank You!

4. In light of Neck's retirement, the Mod Squad is currently discussing candidates for a new JCC moderator. Expect to see the annoucement sometime next week! :D

5. II. The JCC Reform Strikes Back!
  6. jedi-mind-trick has submitted the JCC Reform Proposal to the Advisory Council for review. The reform specifically addresses the issues of number of social/chat threads, more JCC games, sticky topics, and the creation of a few official topics (Such as an "Official" Computer Help Thread.). If all goes well, expect to see an announcement late next week.

7. Another issue which has arisen from the reform process is regarding whether the Amphitheater has reached it's intended purpose. That question is currently under debate, and will involve consultation with the patrons of that forum, and associated ones before any action is proposed.

8. III. Banner Contests
  9. jp-30 today announced the 2002 Halloween Banner Contest. Check the thread for full details.

10. 3NSA Contest: Many thanks to all of those of participated in the 3NSA Banner Contest?all of the entries were wonderful! Special congratulations to the winner, GayLen-Kenobi!

11. IV. Attack of the Icons
  12. Grilled-Sarlacc has announced Phase III of the Icon Update (replacing current icons with better versions) is now complete. Thanks to all the icon-makers for making this phase of the process a great success! Here is the page with all the icons that were nominated for replacement and how they fared in the voting. Here is the page showing only the winning icons and which icons they will be replacing! Now, we will move to Phase IV, the final phase in which we will delete a few more redundant and out-dated icons. Then "the circle will be complete." ;)

13. V. A good head on our shoulders....
  14. green_cross_code led the effort on improving the Forum headers with the insertion of Moderator PM links, which addresses the concern of users having "quicker, easier access for contacting a mod".

Great Work! Check out the new format [link=http://
  15. />/>/>/>/>
  16. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds awesome! Probably the most informative update I've ever read. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

GO 'CLONES!
  17. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "a board search feature "

:eek:

"Lord Bane is back with his full powers"

:eek: :eek:

Congrats to the new Managers :)

¤Night
  18. big_boss_nass Force Ghost

star 4
    Great update. Congrats to the new managers. Lord Bane is back? Oh, crap!
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Awesome! I'm a part of history!
  20. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    Great update, except in regards to this:

We are currently discussing a system that would allow users to suggest people for mod positions via PM to The_Modfather . We feel as if the users might bring suggestions that the administration had not considered. Furthermore, we feel as if it might be a good idea to open up part of the mod selection process to the public. Please note, not all are in favor of this new system, but we are discussing the possiblity.

I would really like to see more public discussion of this possible implementation.
  21. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I agree with Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa on this issue

(always wanted to say that, and he is right)

search feature = :cool:
  22. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    [Elton John]The Bane, the Bane, the Bane is back...[/Elton John]

w00t!

And congrats to the majority of the new managers.
  23. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Thanks, jedi-mind-trick. I look forward to the JCC reform announcement. :)

Hopefully the JCC will become an even better place. :D :cool:

~*~Bria
  24. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    Hopefully the JCC will become an even better place.

[Obi-Wan]That's why [we're] here.[/Obi-Wan]
  25. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    good update..yada yada yada yada, nice misquote..yada yada yada...
  26. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Very informative update, thank you, jmt. :)

Mr. Neck, thanks for all your hard work. Your ability to name threads is par none. ;)

Congratulations to the new managers. :D
  27. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    This is one of the best updates ive ever seen. It mixed fun and the serious nature of its purpose together quite elegantly.

Axl
  28. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Congrats to all the other new Manglers. :)
  29. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    "men". If the abbreviation for moderator is "mod", then the abbreviation for manager should be "man". The plural of "man" is "men". Therefore, I am now a man. Interesting feeling. [face_mischief]
  30. Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Master

star 4
  31. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    [austinpowers]

"Liz Skywalker is a man, baby, yeah!"

[/austinpowers]

8-}
  32. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Congrats to all the new managers, Mara_Jade_Fan and jedi-mind-trick for a thorough, informative, first update. :)

And I'm looking forward to the new reforms in the JCC. Hopefully, that will help streamline that board.
  33. Melyanna Jedi Master

star 4
    (translation = no one has yet to blow up the boards)

Darn it, everyone here seems to be against blowing stuff up... :p ;)

Search function!? *passes out*

Good update - thanks, JMT. :)

Mel
  34. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Lord Bane is coming back? Ooooh nooo....*shrinks down* Do not look at he who is the Bane. *covers his eyes*
  35. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lord Bane is back with his full powers. Trouble-makers, beware.

All I have to say is FORCEBOAT! and Hello, Friends
  36. FateNaberrie Force Ghost

star 6
    Great update. I'll miss Mr. Neck, his was a very short lived reign. :(

I'm not sure how I think it's a good idea having users being involved in choosing mods. [face_plain] I guess I should get around to reading that thread in here.

Just one more thing
    Recently there has been questions brought up in threads both here in Communications, and in the Mod Squad about the role of the AC, and if it has been carrying that out, or if it is needed. Both the MS, and AC have had their input in this, and by now there either should be a thread here in Communications about this issue for the views of the wider membership, or it will be forthcoming shortly. The purpose of this is to examine what we collectively view the purpose of the AC to be, how we can go about carrying all of this out, and other possible solutions to this issue. We welcome and value the constructive input of everyone into this issue.

(translation = no one has yet to blow up the boards)

These little tidbits have some tense problems and the former has a few extraneous commas. :)

Amazing.
  37. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I agree with Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa on this issue

(always wanted to say that, and he is right)

Aw, yeah, well, it's true. ;)

I look forward to the JCC reform announcement.

Jesus christ, so do i. That is the biggest change i look forwared to most of all here, i mean, people try to avoid what once was a jolly old rooster nest. :(
  38. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks for the thorough update. It will be interesting to see where the mod nominations via PM goes.
  39. Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus

star 4
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.