main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Mod Squad Update || September 29, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Sep 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    |Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September 29, 2002|
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I. Moderator Movements
  2. The Mod Squad would like to congratulate its two newest members Bria and Dark_Lord_Erik as moderators for the JCC forum. We know that they will do a great job.

3. We'd like to welcome back JediGaladriel and GriffZ as Fan Fiction and AotC/3SA moderators respectively

4. Hama-Ryu Kinnebi has announced that he will be taking a break from helping to run Fan Force to focus on other projects for the time being. We hope to see him back soon.

5. Due to the current situation in Indianapolis, Sebulba-X has taken indefinite leave from his RSA position. We wish him, and everyone else the best for getting things back together.

6. Missninfan has announced that she is stepping down as a moderator for the time being.

Thank you for all of your hard work Missy?we all await your return.

7. Oakessteve has also announced that he will shortly be stepping down as TPM forum moderator. Discussions for a replacement are currently being held.

8. [b]II.[/b] [color=midnightblue][b]Icon Changes[/b][/color]
    [blockquote][li] Thanks to the unending hard work of [hl=lightcyan][color=teal][b]Grilled-Sarlacc[/b][/color][/hl], the replacement of current icons has been completed, and the final phase of this round of icon work (deletion of some icons) is currently being completed.

Also, the categories and icons in them have also been re-arranged to make more sense and be more user friendly.[/li][/blockquote]
    [hr]

[b]III.[/b] [color=midnightblue][b]Halloween banner contest[/b][/color]
    [blockquote][li] The contest is well underway. Check [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8885126&replies=76]this thread[/link] for all the rules as well as early submissions.[/li][/blockquote][hr]

[b]IV.[/b] [color=midnightblue][b]Fan Force news[/b][/color]
    [blockquote][li]Due to a reorganization of the British Isles forums, Northern England, Southern England, the Midlands and Ireland have been deleted. Anyone who requests their return should contact [hl=tomato][color=navajowhite][b][i]Darth_Asabrush[/i][/b][/color][/hl] (RSA) or [hl=snow][color=silver][b][i]Obi Anne[/i][/b][/color][/hl] (Global Support).[/li]

[li]The nearly official Northern Kentucky Fan Force members have re-merged with the Cincinnati FanForce, and the NKY forum has been deleted.[/li]

[li]FF Forums requested and recently added: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10410]Gainesville, FL[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10409]Myrtle Beach, SC.[/link][/li]

[li]Buffalo, NY has become an official FF Chapter.[/li]

[li]Polls have been turned off in the FanForce Community and Communications forums.[/li][/blockquote]
    [hr]

[b]V.[/b] [color=midnightblue][b]Previous/Continuing Discussions[/b][/color]
    [blockquote][li]The JCC Reform proposal has again been sent to the AC for their input and sugestions before final revision. Expect a final outcome from this shortly.[/li]

[li]As mentioned in the previous Update, the Advisory Council and its role here at the JC are being examined, with the members of the forums being able to comment on what they'd like to see, an

9. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    Thanks for the update! :D

10. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    thank you, kadue. :)

11. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Heh... nice journal ;)

I knew it was the mice on excercise wheels! :eek: Quick, give them metabolism biscuits so they don't need to exercise as much! Then Gandolf will stop making sticky threads :p

Great update :)

~monogpfm

12. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    zeitgeist

\Zeit"geist`\, n. [G.; zeit time + geist spirit. See Tide, n.; Ghost, n.] The spirit of the time; the general intellectual and moral state or temper characteristic of any period of time.

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, the Gandolf thing was great. Thanks for the update!

14. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Bye Bye Steve! You're a great guy, but I know i'll see some of ya ;)

Missy! :_| It's a tragic waste for you to leave when you're so hot! :_|

¤Night

15. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful update Kadue :)

And sorry to see Missninfan and Oakssteve leave :(

16. Darth_Spiegal

Darth_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Gandoofus gone mad? I can't believe it. ;) :p

17. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside to see the Mod Squad updates come out on Sunday night. :) *sigh*

Nice Update, but I hope mindless ramblings of mods won't permanently replace misquotes. :(

now that the modsquad update has come out, I can unveil this week's manual sig...

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

18. Otter in my Shorts

Otter in my Shorts Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2000
    Given the huge amounts of time Missninfan spent moderating these forums, her departure will surely be missed.

With Oaksstevedude leaving and Missninfan stepping down due to her spending even less time here, now is the time to try out jediguy's keen idea of users nominating candidates for moderator. Power to the people.

RAISE THE ROOF!

19. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Discussions are continuing on the possibility of members being able to give nominations for moderators. Details are still being hammered out with no firm system yet developed.

I think that's a no, Otter.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

20. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Well with each week going by I like these updates more. A popular vote for TPM moderator, im poppular and I visit the TPM forum.

Axl.

21. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks for this week's update, Kadue.

22. SmoovBillyDee

SmoovBillyDee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Once again, a very useful update for the Mod Squad. Good work, Kadue!

- Smoov

23. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "Well with each week going by I like these updates more. A popular vote for TPM moderator, im poppular and I visit the TPM forum. Im going to throw my hat in the ring if those kind of nominations are allowed."

In the proposed plans, you have to be nominated. You can't "throw your hat into the ring." And campaigning would be a big no-no in any regular member voting/nomination plan.

Amazing.

24. DimensionX

DimensionX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Missinfan, Oaksteve, you guys will both be missed. Good luck :)

25. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    If theres no campaigning I have no shot. I was going to use my charm to win an office, oh well I probably would of lost neways.

Axl.

26. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Steve! Think of the children! And what would Molly think?! :_|

[face_mischief]

27. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    What you do is become a better poster on the boards; Stay out of trouble, help out your fellow poster, and make intelligent well thought out posts.

That's the way to "campaign" for a moderator position.

28. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Vote 1 CrimsonLarko for Moderator!

29. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    What you do is become a better poster on the boards; Stay out of trouble, help out your fellow poster, and make intelligent well thought out posts.

That's the way to "campaign" for a moderator position.

Sucking up to the right people will also help if you follow neither of these.

30. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001

Pift. I did that for a good 6 months and no one on the MS noticed.

The trick is to send 20 to 30 PM's to as many mods you can a day making suggestions on how they can do their job better and adding at the end of each PM: "You know, this would be alot easier if you made me a Mod."

I've seen it happen.

31. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

It wasn't really fair for me to "have colours" when I really haven't been able to put any serious time into moderating (even just before Big Brother).

I'll still be around here and there, and if any of you have any problems you don't feel comfortable discussing with the mods and feel you can talk to me about it, feel free. ;) I have "connections" on the inside. ;)

Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome and even those who liked to ruffle my feathers every now and then. I can never repay the debt I owe the JC for giving me the opportunity to meet so many cool people and many of which I'm proud to call my closest friends. :)

Thanks!

32. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm interested in the discussion of the selecting new mods, but would rather not follow two threads on the topic (seems rather redudent to say everything twice when it can be said once in the existing thread, IMHO), so could everyone interested in the subject go here? I've outlined some problems with existing ideas, and think we should all work through this before racing off and trying something new. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.