model maker

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by bazzer, Jan 11, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. bazzer Jedi Knight

Hi everyone, My name is bazzer well on line name any way, I build star wars models, large scratchbuilt ones from plastic sheet and other stuff, but not many kit parts I have had some on display in my local hobbyshop Transport Models in lancashire england and have been lucky enough to have sold two of my star wars models to a private colector my large scale millenium falcon 42 inches long and 32 inches wide the one in my avatar and a large scale x wing fighter, I have alos completed a y fighter and snow speeder and am currently making darth vaders ship. I hope to be able to post some images as sson as I get the hang of this new site.

regards Bazzer ps what the hell is a url and how do I browse my photos and insert them here ?
    Lord_kimo1 likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    @bazzer: Failte Nua Duine. We would like to see your handiwork. As far as where you may want to check out on here, try: http://boards.theforce.net/categories/fan-activities.10826/

Get involved, have a blast, and if you run into problems or queries, this thread is your tech support area. As to your very first roadblock... if you saw the words "URL" in conjunction with "browse photos" it was in your avatar generator. That is not a tool to post pics in, say a thread, but to pick the pic that is in your avatar.
    Last edited by A Chorus of Disapproval, Jan 11, 2013
  3. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    HI bazzer. Welcome:)
    I like your avatar.
  4. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    Also 'Hi', Bazzer!

I once knew a scratchbuilder who did a 00-scale model of the 'Gustav' Railway Gun for a military museum, but yours is far more impressive!

The simplest way to post pictures into a thread here is to create a Photobucket account (free service) and upload them to that (I think thare are other providers out there, but I've used Photobucket for years and have found it both reliable and simple). One can do the same from a Facebook account (or even direct from Wikipedia/Wookiepedia), but it's a bit more complicated and error-prone.

Once in Photobucket, mouse over the image and you'll get a drop-down listing of four common posting formats, the one for here is the second one down the list (marked 'Direct Link'). Click on the character string in the box (the word 'copied' will appear briefly) and the contents will have transferred onto the Computer's 'Clipboard' utility.

Switch back to the thread you want to post into, go into the 'reply' box at the bottom of the page, click the Insert/Edit Image icon (between the, probably greyed-out, broken chain link and the film-strip icons), wait for the pop-up box to appear, Paste the clipboard contents into it and click 'Insert'. Repeat as many times as that particular thread/forum allows.

Hope this helps!

I'm on the South Coast, myself, near Arundel, West Sussex!
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome @bazzer! :)

You really sold your SW models already? Then you should really visit the FanActivities (linked above) and maybe thinking of joining an event/convention to show your models to other fans. :)

I guess, the explanation above worked for you? @Tim Battershell did a really great work! :)

Tim, would you mind, if I add that explanation to some kind of helpful thread here in WNU? Not sure, which thread that might be exactly atm, but I've a good feeling about saving it for later use. Thanks! :)

Enjoy your stay, bazzer! :)
  6. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    @Skiara
    Not in the least! Please do!
  7. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

So, you are a model builder? Nice...
    I would love to see some pictures of the SW models you have made...
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Welcome! It sounds like yuo're going to have a lot of fun here, particularly with the Fan Art boards (though I encourage you to visit others, too).
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
Moderators: Skiara