main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moderator & Detroit Failures

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by JDROP, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDROP

JDROP Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    I was banned over the weekened for allegedly violating a warning.

I find this is nothing more than abuse of power by moderator Darth Jurist to protect the staff of R2-Detroit. It's biased moderating at best, and gestapo like censorship at worst.

I only ask why is a opinion against this staff not allowed? Why am I being singled out only because I questioned their "charter?" What about the other abuses?

This was posted in a this thread by Darth Jurist, "FanForce RSA": "Ladies and Gentlemen: this seems to be a communications and personal conflict issue, better suited for private communication. EVERYONE please refrain from making antagonistic or disparaging comments and let the involved parties try to work it out, or I?ll have to start handing out 24 hour vacations."

There was nothing of a "personal conflict" in this thread at all. I only pointed out something in R2-Detroit's charter. Nothing more, nothing less. The only people making this personal are the people in "power" - who seem to not wish to allow anyone to question them. This is unreal and nothing more than outright censorship.

People confronted me personally on that issue, I merely rebuted and kept it short and sweet.

In this thread, I was personally attacked by Motman241, "R2-Detroit Treasurer" (R2-Detroit "Event Coordinator" MiraxTHorn and Darth Jurist, "FanForce RSA" both stated in PM that they felt the posts were made in anger and antagonistic). I merely responded, while somewhat heated - I never made it personal and never became antagonisitic.

In the same thread jediteddy, R2-Detroit "Secretary" compared R2-Detroit and their charter to actions of Padme Amidala in deleted scenes of The Pantom Menace. I countered with comparisions of Palpatine's rule of the Galactic Senate. When I mentioned my opinion on that, I was scolded by jediteddy.

So I ask - why is one opinion so welcome and another taken as hostile? Am I not allowed to discuss my opinion? Why is criticism taken so harshly by this group, that someone with an alternate opinion is greeted with hate and venom? They've also banned me from their Yahoo group after stating repeatedly they "hoped things would work out and we could all live happily ever after and be friends" (admittedly paraphrased with sarcasm). What are they hiding??

I understand I was warned, when I questioned why I was warned DarthJurist could give me no rational explanations. She also refused to detail any other warnings (let's remember that the R2-Detroit Event Organizer admitted that Treasurer "threw the first punch.")

I made only one post after my warning. In this thread titled 'Who's your favorite Imperial" I posted that Darth Jurist and the R2-Detroit would get my vote. While it was intended to be sarcastic and tounge-in-cheek, I guess this could have been interpreted as a personal attack.

If we're going to nitpick, there are several other posts that might warrant some consideration in some moderation, these surely violate as much of your Terms of Service as I did. There are many, if the moderator's weren't so busy selectively enforcing rules or censoring those that spoke up, they'd find them.

Because of these abuses and inconsistencies, I am urging the Fan Force leadership to look into the dealings of their moderator/RSA Darth Jurist, and with their chapter, R2-Detroit.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I've just taken a long read through your post, and checked out what you linked to as well. What you are saying has been noted, and it has definately been paid attention to. :)

I also noticed, however, that you also posted this in the Midwest forum, and something similar in Detroit itself.

As such, I'll close this one up for now, and see if we can sort it out in one of the other two threads that you've posted. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.