main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Modern RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    It's d20 based and will only take place here on the boards. Everything else is for you to discover in the game.

Rules: No cussing, the GM cannot cheat, the GM can add to or change the rules as he sees fit. You must be honest with your rolls- no rerolling or fudging numbers. Talon is the GM.

In order to play: You need to be able to check the boards regularly. At least once or twice a day. You need to be creative, and be able to write descriptively. You need to play a character that is the same sex as you. This is not a game for girls to play guys or vice versa. You must have some RP experience, or at least have written a story, or at least like to read novels in order to play.

To get started: Think of a character you wish to be, in a profession you want to be in. Imagine the universe is similar to what we live in now, and the technology level is roughly the same. In terms of stats and what not, don't worry about that or how it will work. PM me what you come up with.

Max number of players: I don't know yet.
    EDIT* We are close to reaching the Max number of player and still retaining playability. If you are interested, PM me.

The dice roller is found HERE

Once you reach that page, click on the picture of the 20 sided dice on the left, and it will open a window that you can minimize and bring up to roll dice when you need to.

2. Bleu

Bleu Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I'm in.

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Im being descriminated against! Foul! Foul!

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
  5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, if you were a lesser RPer or a lesser writer, then yes, I would be discriminating.

In your case, I am merely being selfish.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm in....i'd have responded sooner, but i've had some internet issues......always easy to fix with a nice clean install.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    ok, pm me then.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Okay, so far, the players are:

Gerson
    Klepto
    Jank
    Bleu

Anyone else?

You who are playing, please put your character bio's in your board bio's. Any stats or what not you end up with, you can put there as well.

Also, please state who you character looks like, with a link to a photo if possible.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    no interest=no game

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    hey, i'm interested....do i need to roll up a character for modern or what's ogin on?

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Read this thread, and follow the instructions. Let me know if you have further questions.

12. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    ok all good let's play.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The rest of you, let me know when you are ready.

And the game begins!

Spencer, while you have been working for the local FBI, you are not an agent, you are a civilian contractor. You were able to land this job after a kazillion background checks, etc, plus a class or two on the FBI itself and how it works, etc.

You are the number 2 guy in the IT department, which is remarkable for someone as young as you. In order to move up further, you would have to become an agent, and go throught the training. Once you were done, you would technically be an FBI agent, although you would be behind a desk most of the time, doing computer stuff.

Your boss, a guy in his 50's named Ed Cameron, approached you about this about a year and a half ago, and asked you if you would be willing. They would pay for it, and send you to Quantico for the months that it would entail. What did you say?

14. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm ready and waiting

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    hmmm... unles I am missing something, you are not as ready as you think. Per my instructions above, I need you to put your character's bio in your bio, so when I click your name, I can see the pertinent data.

Essential info at this point is name, age, and short bio. Click on Jank for an example. Don't make your bio shorter than his, it can be longer if you want.

16. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    How's my relationship with my boss? Are we on a first name basis? But either way. I express my interest in going to Quantico....Always interested in furthering my own success.

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    relationship with boss is ok, he views you as no threat to him, he may retire one day.

So, you say yes, and wala! You went to Quantico and got trained as an agent. You come back, and continue working, but now with a cool ID card that says FBI. You even have a gun (a .40 caliber Glock) and can legally conceal it, which you do at first, until your boss tells you that computer guys don't really do that (even though they can). He tells you it makes the real field agents chuckle at them.

With your new status as an agent, you have access to a number of FBI databases that previously were off limits to you.

Things go smoothly for you, until one day...

...an agent approaches you as you are getting ready to leave for the day. His name is Veitch (looks like Jon Favreau), and he asks:

"Hey... Spencer, right? I heard you were pretty good at what you do, and I was wondering if you would like to break out of your cubicle, maybe do a little work in the field. You interested?"

18. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    OOG: Do you want us to pick an actor for our characters to resemble??? Or are we our characters?

IG: Have I seen Veitch around before? Do I know him? Would I think this kinda odd for a field agent to approach a desk jockey about getting into some field work? If yes...."Aren't there people that are already field agents that would be less of a liability than myself?" If I don't think it would be odd I say this " Well I wouldn't mind doin some field work...It'd give me a reason to wear my glock. Anything you can tell me about what you had in mind? Or is it G-14 classified?"

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes, you and everyone else playing please pick a real life person to represent your character. Link to it, if possible, in your bio. Make it an actor or actress from the movies, please.

OOG: Not unheard of for a field agent to involve a desk jockey. Rare, though. You have seen this guy around from time to time, but have never talked to him. At the most, you guys have done the 'guy nod' thing. You have noticed that Veitch typically is never with other agents. Roll (retroactive) Spot, 1d20.

IG: (you say 'yes') He laughs. "You computer guys. You either freak out about guns and field work, or you are dying for a chance to get out there. You know, what you do in here is just as important as what we do out there." He stands up, and straightens his suit (you all wear at least shirt and tie, if not the full blown suit). "I will clear this with your boss. Call me Veitch" he extends his hand. "I think you will do well out there."

20. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    retroactive??? eh...anywho I got a 7 on my spot.

If he's extending his hand for me to shake I do so.

"Alright then. What do I need to do to get ready?"

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Like I said, I'm ready and waiting

22. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Me too! All ready to go GM boss man! :D

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Abraham Wexler (Gerson):

You get called into the chief's office. The LAPD is a very populated and busy place. Getting called into the chief's office is generally really good, or really bad. Usually really bad, unless you are a friend of his. It is the end of the day, your shift is over and you were in the locker room changing.

"YO! WEX!" calls out a Sargeant who just walked into the locker room. "Get some clothes on! The Chief wants to see you." Immediately, the sounds of murmering can be heard throughout the steamy and humid locker room. Your mind flashes through the last few weeks and months, scanning to see if you are in trouble for something.

You are standing at your locker with a towel around your waist. What do you do?

24. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll get dressed quickly and head to his office. As I get dressed I'll say to everyone else in the locker room, "Looks like I finally got that promotion."

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You remember that at least twice in the past (that you noticed, anyway) Veitch has drawn an odd stare from a couple of people in the office as he walked through there.

"Let me talk to your boss, I am sure he'll be okay with you going. I will let you know in a while."

He winks at you and gives you a 'thumbs up' with one hand, as if to say "I'll take care of it, don't worry."

He gets up and walks away around the corner of your cubicle. As you watch him go, you notice...

Roll spot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.