main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Modern RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    In a whisper Spencer leans in towards the others.."Those boots are creepy...that eye...kinda makes me think of Lord of the Rings...the all seeing eye. Gosh that's creepy. I'm gettin the heeby jeeby's just lookin at it...I think it's lookin at me though too...."

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Will glances at the shoes, then at the man.

The man is looking at all of you stare at his shoes. He then looks at Will.

"'Morning."

Will responds "Good Morning."

Will looks at all of you, and whispers says, "A little, I guess... but those look smaller."

3. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    "And are you still having the dream Will?" Keela asks, still not quite taking her eyes off the strange man in black. She wonders if he is a regular customer and makes a note on her pad to ask the young lady behind the counter after he leaves.

She then forces her attention back to Will.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The man gets his drink and sits down on a stool at a counter that is next to the front window.

Will looks at you, Keela. "They stopped. But they started up again. This is why I wanted to talk to you off of the record. If I told the department this, I would be off duty and up to my eyes in psyche evals."

The door opens, and a woman walks in that looks a bit like Kate Beckinsale. She is wearing black sunglasses and a black pantsuit with a scarlet silk shirt, and carrying a black briefcase. She glances at you all, and then nods to the man with the boots, and sits next to him, with her briefcase on the counter in front of her. They way they are sitting, their backs are to you. They seem to be talking in low tones.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Running an online game is difficult.

6. Keela

Jun 9, 2005
    What's wrong Talon?

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    The pace... the typing... so on and so forth. It's a lot different than all of us just sitting around a table for a few hours, where I can just describe stuff and its easier to maintain continuuity because things are fresh in our minds, as opposed to days or weeks old. I still enjoy it though, and if all of you still do, then on with the show!

8. Keela

Jun 9, 2005
    Yes I do enjoy it very much. It is slow, esp when some of us can't get on to post as often, but I have a suggestion...

Perhaps as GM it might be easier for us to interact a bit more, and roll play a little easier, if your posts of conversations with NPC's or descriptions of certain things were a little more detailed. Live roll play is more fun if the GM is mysterious and vague and only gives you little bits of information, but then you get the immediate gratification, and as you say, maintain continuity, with the back and forth of figuring things out for yourself.

But in an online game, because of the tempo, it's harder to have that same verbal give and take and you're right it does lose some momentum. So maybe if you were a little less mysterious and instead disclosed more information than you normally would live, the tempo might pick up and not be so reliant on having people post every day or several times a day. It's hard to have conversations when you are waiting for the person you are talking to to post his/her reply.

I've never GM'd a game before, so I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense. It was just something I had mentioned to Axia the other day.

And of course, with that said, I'm going on vacation starting Friday and I'll be gone until the 23rd. Sorry guys but the UK calls and I must answer. I will have access to a computer and the net, but not sure of how much time I'll have to check the boards. My tour guide is being very mysterious about the itinerary.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds good. I will give it a try, but you guys give me feedback whether you like it or not and why.

Will's heart pounded in his chest. He willed it to slow down, to no avail. Too much was going on, too much was spinning out of his control, right before his eyes. He took a sip of his drink, and from behind his tipped glass, stole a look at the two at the counter. He looked back at the FBI agents, and put his glass back on the table. He hated talking to them, but this was the only way. First the agents, and now, those two.

OOG: More to come later on, any of you can jump in anytime to RP, but now it is time for me to go watch TV.

10. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    In his training on the force, Wex had learned to be on the look out for things "out of the ordinary." And if that dude's boots weren't out of the ordinary, nothing was. Of course trying to put a definition on ordinary was a more than a little difficult in this town. Nevertheless, Wex decides he might be able to catch some of their conversation by tuning out a little on the dreamcatcher here. (Listen = 19) If he can't catch enough of the whispers, he may have to do something a little more interactive.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex was trained in the Force? Sweet! Wex is a jedi!

12. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Naturally

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex, you strain your ears, tuning out what is in front of you and instead hearing the following from the two at the counter near the entrance:

"Who is he talking to?" (female)

"Not sure. I walked in on them. They don't look like cops." (male)

"Will he reveal us? This is bad. I thought you said he would keep his mouth shut."

"He will. What's he going to tell them, anyway? Nothing, that's what. There's nothing to tell, after all. Unless he want's to look nuts."

"All the same, I'll call in surveillance. Just in case. The balance must be kept."

"Yes yes the balance must be kept." (the man's tone here was a bit... mocking)

(a pause before the female replies)

"Watch your tone. The balance is the only thing that keeps your life from being a living hell."

"Uhh... hello? My life IS a living hell. Or did you forget?"

"You don't have to look at it like that. Besides, I know you don't really think that."

"Mmmm hmmmm. You're right. (a pause) The drinks are... stale today."

"Mine's not. Mine is quite good. Make sure you always ask for 'the fresh grind' when you order here. Otherwise you're just getting whatever's oldest. They rotate their stock, you know."

The rest of the conversation fades out, too low for you to hear.

14. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Wex begins to stand up and motions for everyone to do the same, also trying to guide Will to standing. "Will, good buddy, perhaps we should go get something to eat. Do you like Chinese? P.F. Changs is great and its just down the street at the District. I'll drive, I'm sure you're a fan of Mustangs." Wex begins practically pushing everyone out of the coffee shop.

15. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    "OOOO, I LOVE that place. Yeah. Let's go there. Hey can I drive your car?"

16. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "Oh man, I didn't know you had a sense of humor there pc guy."

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    "Oh...well I was being serious."

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You guys exit the Prancing Pony Coffee Bar, and go to Changs in Wex's Mustang.
    Will tells you that he will meet you there, since he has his own car. He gets in an unmarked black Crown Victoria (Ford) to follow you.

Roll Spot several times:

1. Exiting the Prancing Pony
    2. Getting into your car
    3. Driving to Changs
    4. At Changs

Also, if you are up to something, trying to find/avoid something, or whatever, please tell me OOG.

19. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG: I'm trying to get him to come with us to the District so we can go to our office and talk to him. After hearing what those 2 said about knowing him and probably knowing a lot more, I'd feel much more comfortable not talking any further with them in the room. So once we get to Changs, I intend to move the party to the office, and I'll fill the other 2 in on what I overheard on the way there. I want to pay special attention to make sure those 2 don't get up and leave suddenly, and also do the best I can to make sure we're not followed to Changs.

Spots:
    1 - 16
    2 - 14
    3 - 13
    4 - 11
    5 - 12 - Extra spot for a check to see if we're followed

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex:

1. Exiting the Prancing Pony 16- you see the two at the counter watching you, the woman is on a cel phone.
    2. Getting into your car 14- you see the woman look right at you and smile. Then she gives you a little wave.
    3. Driving to Changs 13- you notice a lot of traffice
    4. At Changs - you notice misc people milling about as usual.
    5. You notice a guy on a Harley, wearing black leathers and what not. He is behind you the moment you get on the 215 until you get to Changs, where he also gets off his bike and follows you into Changs.

You guys are right inside Changs, where a girl asks you how many in your party. Will is with you as well.

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "Four please, as close to the kitchen as you can get. I love the smell. Might as well let our server know we'll need a couple plates of lettuce wraps ASAP."

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    spots:
    1d20 + 1

1) 1+1=2
    2) 20+1=21
    3) 13+1=14
    4) 15+1=16

"OOO lettuce wraps. I've never had them. are they any good?"

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank, you notice the stuff that Gerson does (except the stuff in traffic) but in Changs, you also notice a young woman seated by herself near the kitchen. She is by herself, and is on her cel phone. She is looking at you while she talks. She looks like Keira Knightly, sort of. When you look at her, she smiles at you.

24. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I smile back thinkin wow....this new cologne must be working! I gotta wear it more often. I will occasionally as slyly as possible glance over to where she is sitting see if she's watching us or if she's just simply eating there. Which Spence highly doubts that since the GM described her as looking like an actress. So he's going to be on his guard about her :-D hehe j/k But he will occasionally glance over there like I said to make sure all is well.

25. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Wex takes a look around and if biker guy is out of earshot, he will say in very hushed tones to Will, "Ok Will, here's the deal. I know you know those 2 in the coffee shop, they said as much. They also said you'd sound nuts if you told us what you know and that they had to keep the balance. I want to know what all that crap means. You should also know they placed you under surveillance. Our office is nearby and I mean to get you there now."

Then he pulls Spence and Keela close and hands Spence his keys and says, "You guys get Will to our office, I'll make a destraction here. Get him there and keep him there however you can and make it fast. Ok go now!"

Wex then walks up to the biker man and says, "That is an incredible bike you have there, where did you get that?" Wex is prepared to stop this guy if he makes any motion to follow Will and the others (readying an action to rush the guy and push him back if he makes a move for the door).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.