main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Modern RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    ((OOG: Soooo How come this thing keeps saying there are 3 pages to this thread when you click on it and only get to the 2nd page?? Lady Obi-wan is confused.))

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I just have one massive page. You can adjust that by loging in and going to options.

Sometimes you will see several pages, but then you log in and the number of pages will change based on your settings under 'options'.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank, please get a link in your bio to a picture of an actor your guy looks like. You are on 'pause' until you can do that.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: Things go well for you, you settle into Las Vegas. Is Wex a gambler? Do you go check out that type of thing since you now live here? OOG: let me know about that. If he is, then what kind? Poker, slots, ???

IG: Wex, you notice although you successfully have performed at three incidents, one of which you took a guy out and saved lived, you notice you are not quite 'in' with the team. Do you wish to follow that up at all?

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela:

You go to Bradshaw's office. The door is cracked, and you knock. His accented voice says "Come in! Come in!" (He sounds a bit like John Cleese, actually). He is old yet spry, and has been here for many many years, and his office shows it. Dusty and full of volumes, statues, artifacts, you navigate it to find the small antique desk with him behind it, surrounded by stacks of very old, brown hardback books and illuminated by an old incandescent lamp. He looks up from what he is reading and his face lights up as he sees you.

"Keela! Thank you for coming! Sorry about the mess, I was just trying to clean up and I found some of my old articles back when I was younger, in the 'publish or perish' days. Thank goodness for tenure!" He closes the book he has producing a small cloud of dust, and looks at you.

"I will cut to the chase. We want you to go the States."

OOG: reaction? reply?

6. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    Keela opens the door. When she sees the state of the office and the state of the Professor, she lets out a small giggle under her breath and beams Prof. Bradshaw a knowing smile. She has such a fondness for him, he?s what she imagined her father would be like.

"I will cut to the chase. We want you to go the States."

?I?m sorry? The States? What have the American?s done now?? She winks at him and smiles.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: This evokes a smile from the old man. "Well, it turns out they are looking for a guest lecturer at one of their universities for a series of lectures they are doing on archeaology and ancient cultures. Naturally, they called us. It's really quite a nice set up, they will pick up the costs of the trip, there is one actual lecture that must be given, and after that you stay on as a sort of 'guest in residence' for a while, available for the grad students to talk to if necessary. They are doing something to bolster their image, or some such business. Bringing in various faculty to be guests in residence, people that ordinarily would not be there. You would be paid for the duration, and be considered faculty or staff or an adjunct professor, I can't quite remember how they put it."

"It's a great opportunity, and I would do it myself, but... I'm getting too old to be running around the globe, I find myself quite content staying here and holding this department together. So, I immediately thought of you. You would be perfect! That is, if you'd be willing to do it. Cambridge could use the exposure, and I am sure the Americans would be more receptive to you than a stodgy old man." He smiles and reaches for his antique stein which you know is filled with Earl Grey tea.

8. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    Keela smiles at the old mug, both on the man and in his hand.

"Well we all know the Colonists can use all the help they can get." She smiles

"It does sound like an interesting adventure, but where would I be going? I'm not really fussed about where, you know I love new experiences, I just need to know what to pack!"

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela:

He clears his throat and averts his eyes for a second. "Well, it will be quite a bit dryer than here, and warmer too. Perhaps anywhere from 15 degrees to 30 degrees. This time of year, probably closer to 30, as we are approaching summer."

10. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    OOG: Talon they use Celsius, not Farenheit, so he would say -1 to -9 degrees. Here's a conversion site: http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

IG: "So I assume it's in their West to Southwest area then yeah? Why so nervous Professor? Just tell me where it is I'll be going."

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Lady Obi Wan: I know. It is in Celsius. :) My numbers stand.

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: He looks at you over his spectacles. "Las Vegas, Nevada." He winces after the fact, searching your face for reaction to his words.

13. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    OOG: FINE! *Pffffttttt o_O My bad. :D But I am assuming you are saying 15 to 30 degrees warmer than it normally is for summer in the UK. Because 30 celsius is only 85 farenheit. 120 for us is about 48 celsius. Just in case your numbers "might" be wrong oh Guru of the GMing. [face_batting]

IG: "Vegas eh? Ok. I'm your girl!" She smiles at him as she clears some loose debris off of her trousers. She looks up to notice the Professor has an odd aire about him. She searches his face and sees he was worried about her reaction.

"Professor, I told you, I'm not fussed about the location. I see no point in whinging about it, and besides I love a challenge! Crikey! Maybe they will let me visit their CSI Department!"

She felt herself getting excited at just the thought of a new adventure. A huge smile started to creep across her face.

"No worries sir. I would be proud to go in your stead."

14. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG - Wex is a gambler for sure, mostly poker and blackjack, anything that can be competitive.

IG - I want to ask the squad leader about getting the cold shoulder. "I know I didn't come up the ranks here like everyone else, but I did earn my spot. I've done my job and done it well, I don't see any reason why I have to be treated like an outcast."

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Lady Obi Wan:

No worries! :)

He said:

"...Perhaps anywhere from 15 degrees to 30 degrees. This time of year, probably closer to 30, as we are approaching summer."

which means he is saying anywhere from 59 to 86 degrees fahrenheit.

Roll a Sense Motive- 1d20 for now

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: Your captain pulls you aside and tells you, "Yeah, I know, I know. Give the guys time. A lot of the guys in here rose through the ranks locally, and they all were vying for a spot in SWAT. They all have known each other for a while. The fact that you got in, and are from the outside, it just means there's probably someone they personally know that was wishing for the spot that you now have.

It'll take a little while, but they will get over it. If you're as good as your record says you are, you will have their respect soon enough, and their friendship will follow."

You thank him, and are walking out the door when he calls you "Wex. Wait a minute. Sit down for a second right outside. Let the door close, too."

You obey his instructions, and right before you sit down, you see seated behind his desk, digging a note out of his trash with one hand, and lifting up his desk phone with the other hand.

What do you do? Your hand is still on the glass door, you haven't swung it shut or anything yet. Clearly, whatever he is doing concerns you in some way, or he would have just let you leave.

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    NOTE: This game is now out of 'open enrollment'. There may be one or two that might join the game later on that I've already talked to, but even that is iffy. I don't want it to get too big, that can be a recipe for diluting the quality/fun as well as burn out, and I don't want this thing to fizzle and die.

Bleu will not be playing, even though he posted he was interested towards the beginning of this thread.

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll let the door close and sit down again inside as if I missed the sit 'outside' part.

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    WEX: He is looking down in his lap at the number he is holding on a crumpled piece of paper, as he dials.

"Yeah, this is Captain Harrison with Metro SWAT, I am returning the call of an Agent-"

Harrison stops, as he just noticed you are still in his office. He makes a waving motion with his hand for you to go outside...

OOG: do you leave?

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Please note that currently our players are:

Jank- Spencer Richards
    Gerson- Abraham Wexler
    Lady Obi Wan- Keela Jones

I will assume that Klepto is not in this game, since he has not posted. (I assumed he was in based on a conversation we had, my misunderstanding, sorry!)

You guys having fun? I am. Thanks for looking and responding at least 2-3 times a day, if not more. Makes things flow. I will still be looking and checking on Saturdays, Sundays, Monday, but not as frequently.

21. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    OOG: Ah ok then. And yes, I'm having lots of fun! Thanks Talon. Been too long. :D I will be in SWG most of the weekend, but I'll pop out now and then to check the posts. Except Monday I'll be gone all day.

IG: 10 on sense motive.

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela, you get the idea that he might have been downplaying the temperature a bit to make Vegas seem more appealing to you.

"Well, that's good you are so ready to do anything for the team. I just thought thought that Las Vegas might be a bit of a hard sell. It's so... barren, filled with tourists, hot, dry... and if you watch CSI: Las Vegas, it doesn't seem to be a very safe or nice place to live."

"You do realize that you will end up being there for at least a semester, don't you?"

23. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'll get up and leave, but stand outside the door and try to listen. 11 rolled for listen.

24. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    OK....unpause me.

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I am sorry, you are still paused, Jamk. :(

You chose an person that was already taken, that is what Gerson's character looks like. Please try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.