main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Modern RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: you go the Board of Regents meeting, its a bunch of wealthy and powerful people who help run the college, you are introduced to them all, some of the male regents seem taken aback at your appearance as you do not look like the typical professor. You end up leaving as soon as you can without offending anyone.

Unless there is something you want/need, we will skip to the night of your lecture. Ok with you?

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Thinking to myself..."This can't be right. I'm better than this system....maybe there's a backdoor into his file...."

Can I roll computer use to find a back door???

3. LADY_OBI-WAN

LADY_OBI-WAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    OOG: Hard top and manual please.

Yeah that's fine we can go straight to the lecture. Anything you need me to roll or decide?

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: PM me about 3-5 different topics that Keela might lecture on, and I will let you know which one UNLV wants you do do.

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Spence: Roll it again.

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: What do you do, where do you go?

7. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
  8. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    17 on find back door

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Spencer: You find out that this stuff has not been sealed at the local level, which you might be able to crack, but at the national level, using a very robust, encryption. You've seen this type of encryption on military stuff before.

Unusual, you think to yourself. You've never seen this on someone from the Bureau before.

You do, however, find out that Veitch is not just assigned to the Vegas office. He has leeway for other jurisdictions, and other offices are asked to cooperate with his investigations as they are able.

You think you ought to not poke around too much further, you don't want to leave some kind of trail that leads to you.

Anything you want to do?

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: UNLV has asked you to do your lecture, "Gods and Heroes of the Celts".

You get your stuff together, along with a powerpoint presentation they can project for you.

Your lecture is the kickoff lecture, it is in the evening and is well attended both by students as well as local dignitaries there to support the college.

Roll Spot.

You do your lecture, and once you are done, you receive applause. You then open it up to questions, and expertly field them based on your own research, knowledge, and experience.

11. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    18 on spot

12. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG: Pic of car posted in bio.

IG: "Thank you, sir." I'll take the paper and walk outside while dialing the number on my cell phone (assuming I have one).

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela: You notice a fellow hanging around the near the back, watching you. You notice him because he is in a dark suit, with his tie slightly loosened, and you think he might be the head usher or something. Your lecture has an intermission for 5 minutes in the middle, and when you resume, you notice him on the 3rd row in an aisle seat on your right.

You realize now he is not the usher.

OOG: this guy looks like Jon Favreau.

IG: During your lecture, everytime you glance at this guy, he seems to be paying you rapt attention. A few times, he even seemed to have a half smile on his face. When it is time for questions, you answer a couple, and when you turn and look his way, his had is up.

Do you call on him?

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: You have a cel. The number rings the FBI, and a female answers. You ask for Agent Veitch, you give your name and say you are with local SWAT. You are asked to hold on, and the next voice you hear is a deeper male voice that says, "Special Agent Veitch."

OOG: Nice Car! It was your dad's, he spent years restoring it, he gave it to you as a graduation gift after college (before you told him about your new career decisions)

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "Hey Veitch, this is Abe Wexler with LV Metro SWAT. I understand that you have a job offer available. Please let me know what I can do to fill it."

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: "Hmmm... the Chief gave you my number?"

OOG: notice my edit one post above

17. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    Whispering quietly to myself..."Well Spence, what have you gotten yourself into now."

I exit the file and cover any tracks that I may have left...When I'm done I'll continue whatever assignments I was working on before. When the work day is done I'll go numb the shock of what I've gotten myself into with a #7 from Jack in the Box.

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG: Note noted.

IG: "Yes, sir, he thinks I'll be just right for what you're looking for. So what do you need me to do?"

19. LADY_OBI-WAN

Mar 20, 2002
    Sure I'll call on him.

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Wex: "Hmmmm... Well, we'll need to talk first. Can you meet me right now? (OOG: It's around 11 AM) I can meet you whereever you want in about half an hour. Name the place."

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Spencer: Before you leave work that day, Veitch stops by your cubicle. "You're all set. I smoothed things over with your boss, you should be good to go. We'll talk more tomorrow. You look a little pale, okay?"

Later you do all that you said, then you go home. Anything you want to do prior to going to work in the morning?

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Keela:

He lowers his hand, and asks, "My questions are about Finn MacCool... would his life have been the same had he not partaken of the Salmon of Knowledge? Was his tasting the flesh of the magic salmon an accident, or a fulfillment of prophecy?"

23. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    "Oh yeah, great...Alright, when do we leave so I can arrange for someone to take care of my house for me?"

If he tells me when we're gonna leave when I get home I'll try and see if I can't work on gettin someone to watch the house for me for the time I'm going to be gone....If he doesn't tell me then that's fine, I'll go home eat my food, and spend a little time on my acoustic guitar to get my mind off of things. Before work in the morning I'll just try and keep my mind focused on what I'm doing and not think too much about what's going to be waiting for me at work.

24. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "Great, how about Starbucks on Russell and Pecos?"

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Spencer: "We won't be leaving for a few days. Get some sleep, you look pale."

You go home, and you ask you neighbor if he'd be willing to check on your place from time to time, bring in the mail, etc. He is happy to help you. You trust him, he is a retired marine, about 67 years old.

The next day you go to work, and find someone sitting in your chair at your computer in your cubicle, with his back to you.

What do you do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.