main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Modsquad Update For The Week Ending July 21, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Liz Skywalker, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Modsquad Update For The Week Ending 7-21-02

Up and down! Up and down! I will lead them up and down!

• Because of the eminent Lord Bane's imminent departure, KnightWriter has been elevated to the status of moderator of The Senate Floor. Congratulations!

• Commander Antilles has stepped down as Administrator and Son of the Suns has been promoted in his stead. Good luck to SotS and fare thee well to CA.

• Mar17swgirl has stepped down for the duration of the summer, Mace Windy is on vacation for two weeks, and Sturm Antilles is on break.

DarthSapient and GriffZ

We realize there has been a lot of "excitement" over the past couple of days. Right now we are working towards a solution and the discussion is still ongoing. An announcement will be made soon, once we have everything sorted out.

UPDATE: Okay, guys, we've worked everything out. I'm pleased to report that DarthSapient and GriffZ will be returning to their prior manger and moderator positions, respectively.

For those who were wondering, the matter was basically a lack of communication that, coupled with the fact that Kadue and myself were busy in RL this weekend, resulted in a misunderstanding and hurt feelings, which is why they resigned. We have since ironed it all out and they'll be returning to their positions in the team. :)

Size limits to posts?

The Gatherer wondered, "I wanted to post a fiction story I was working on to the Fan Fiction forum, but the thread came up with (nt) after the title, and the thread was blank. Do we have a post size limit?" Consensus: probably, but we don't know the exact size.

Renaming Music

Son of the Suns announced that the Star Wars Music forum has had a name change and is now The Film Music Hall. Discussion commenced about a possible move to under the Community heading and it was pointed out that Community should possibly be renamed in that case.

Games Relocation and YJCC content

Son of the Suns and others have wondered why the Games Forum sits in the EU section when it's not strictly "Star Wars" games under discussion (it sits about 50% Star Wars, 50% non-Star Wars). One school of thought has it that it should be moved under the "Community" umbrella.

In a similar discussion Son of the Suns also wonders if the rules of YJCC should be loosened to allow for some videogaming topics (general ones: favourite game, best console, etc). jp-30 has had a lot to say on these matters, and discussion is ongoing. Just to clarify things - any decision on allowing some Games discussion back into YJCC will have no effect on what is / is not suitable for discussion within the Games Forum.

Problem Users

Problem users were discussed. The JC Moderation Team asks the population of Comms and beyond to please not join their ranks.

Murderous VIPs

Son of the Suns asked about a group of new VIPs. It was discovered that they are socks of the participants in the Big Brother Murder Mystery. Good luck to them in their quest to fool us all!

Default Board Scheme

As you've noticed, Communications now has a new board scheme. Go to this thread to discuss it.

Return of the zerosleep.

The illustrious zerosleep made an appearance in the mod squad this week to announce the coming of...sticky topics! Celebration quickly ensued, with Gandolf the Grey voicing what was on all our minds, "LOL. We find a way around sticky topics, and then we get them a few weeks lat

2. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Liz. :)

Tayschrenn

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks for the update Liz. I've got a question.

Will the JC ever be able to ban the IP's of trolls that use AOL without banning other users?

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't recall the exact thing, but it was something awhile ago and TSL discovered that the ends of some of the posts in the old Talon Intelligence squadron threads got chopped off.

5. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanx for the update.

Sticky topics = cool.

I hope things work out with the situation. :)

6. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Never understood why Games wasnt in Community...it isnt like the only games out there are EU based...

Star Wars comprises a small proportion of games...therefore it shouldnt be in an SW based grouping.

My comments on sticky topics are in the other thread...

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    yeah, that happened to some threads during the move, like my favorite fanfic.

8. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Thanks for the update. :)

9. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

thank you for the update Liz :)

10. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Will the JC ever be able to ban the IP's of trolls that use AOL without banning other users?

Seems doubtful Salty...although maybe someone with a better tech knowledge than me will be able to explain exactly what the deal is...

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks Darth_Dagsy :)

I hope I can get some more information as well.

12. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    i would like to see GriffZ and Sapient return to their postions. :)

13. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    I agree with Porkins on this issue...

14. All_Around_Tutor

All_Around_Tutor Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I would like to see someone steal that freshly-baked ham from Liz.

It'd be better than Godzilla vs. King Kong!

"ME...WANT...HAAAAAAAAM!"

15. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Congratulations to Son of the Suns and Knight Writer on their much desrved promotions. :)

~PAd

16. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
  17. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    The limit should be well over 7800 characters.

On the other hand thats where it cut off. I have noticed in the JCC that sometimes a thread will become (nt) with no text in the first post even though the author 'did' put in text and that text is nowhere near the upper barrier. This is probably why it's better to let (nt) threads stick around a bit to see if it was intentional or not.

In any case, I blame the hobgoblins living on the server.

18. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Id like more Info on the 3SA mod flop . . .

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Have added a bit. I missed the deadline in the draft version.

The following has been edited into the update above.

[color=forestgreen][b]Games Relocation and YJCC content[/b][/color]

[b]Son of the Suns[/b] and others have wondered why the Games Forum sits in the EU section when it's not strictly "Star Wars" games under discussion (it sits about 50% Star Wars, 50% non-Star Wars). One school of thought has it that it should be moved under the "Community" umbrella.

In a similar discussion [b]Son of the Suns[/b] also wonders if the rules of YJCC should be loosened to allow for some videogaming topics (general ones: favourite game, best console, etc). [b]jp-30[/b] has had a lot to say on these matters, and discussion is ongoing. Just to clarify things - any decision on allowing some Games discussion back into YJCC [i]will have [u]no effect[/u][/i] on what is / is not suitable for discussion within the Games Forum.

[hr]

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    To be fair there's already some games discussion in JCC.

21. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Good update - went straight to the point.

And Sticky Threads...finally!

22. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    OMG!!!!!111/1 THEREZ KNOW MODS LEFT!!!11 MAEK ME AN ADMIN!!!11// i WANT TEH BANE BUTTON LOLOLOLOOL!!!!!!111///111

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Dushoni... why not tell us how you really feel.

:p.

24. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    *ahem*

Sirs and Madams,

I would like to be made an assistant Moderator. I would fetch coffee and various snak cakes for the moderators, while having no real authority or colors on my username. Please assign me to KnightWriter because he is a kind and just mod that sometimes shares the aformentioned snak cakes with me. GriffZ on the other hand, would humiliate me and thrash me soundly when I made a mistake.

Thank you for your time,

Sir DUSHONI

25. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Is there really a need for such drama?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.