Modsquad Update For The Week Ending July 21, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Liz Skywalker, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    You said: "Is there really a need for such drama? "

Our Survey said: "Yes!"

[image=http://www.challengetv.co.uk/tv/programme_pages/programme_graphics/family_fortunes.jpg]

Les Dennis.
  2. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks for the update...it's a good one there :)
  3. DarthNut Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully Sape and teh Griff will be able to return soon!

[face_plain] DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.
  4. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    thanks for the update Liz, keep it up!
  5. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Liz,

Thanks for the update.

EDIT: Thanks DS. Liz, also, good job on the misquotable this week. :)
  6. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    Great Update, keep them coming.
  7. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    The "situation" is fine. Nobody is leaving. I plan to rejoin. We had a small difference of opinion, we seem to have come to an understanding, and we'll move on having learned from the experience. Just give it some time and don't make any unnecessary drama out of it because there really isn't any. :)
  8. JangoFettClone Jedi Master

star 4
    What do you mean when you say "excitement"?
  9. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    What she means by "excitement" is simple. We coincidently hit a time period wherein many admins were stepping down due to burnout, real life issues that needed their attention, and what I mentioned. It all happened to coincide at once and that's all she was talking about.
  10. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good report. Anyway, here's my two cents-

Because of the eminent Lord Bane's imminent departure, KnightWriter has been elevated to the status of moderator of The Senate Floor. Congratulations! <---So Lord Bane is stepping down entirely as mod? Amd congratulations KnightWriter! Don't know much about you (except you're the only Titanic fan I know :p), but I am sure you'll be a great mod

Commander Antilles has stepped down as Administrator and Son of the Suns has been promoted in his stead. Good luck to SotS and fare thee well to CA. <---Again, CA is no longer an admin or a mod?

Mar17swgirl has stepped down for the duration of the summer, Mace Windy is on vacation for two weeks, and Sturm Antilles is on break.<---Wow, must be empty in ModSquad these days :p

Games Relocation and YJCC content <--- Originally, Games was strictly for SW games, hwoever, when Howlrunner took over, he had a more liberal view of things, and tried to turn the Games section into more a community of gamers than a place to discuss SW games. Since then it has remained thus, which is fair I guess. But it shoudl then be moved into Community.

Default Board Scheme <---As I stated in the thread discussing this, just shoot me now if this is gonna be the JC's board scheme

Return of the zerosleep. <--- Wow, cool, I remember him :)

11. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Per his own request, Commander Antilles asked to be demoted and to retain VIP status. He had been thinking about it for some time and now he's enjoying a little bit of a break from the stress. :)
  12. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Quote:
    Will the JC ever be able to ban the IP's of trolls that use AOL without banning other users?

Probably not. The closest likely option would be one that allows us to ban e-mail addresses from registering. The problem with AOL is that it (and a couple of other providers) make use of proxies which assign thousands of people the same IP address. The only way we could begin to IP ban AOLers is if AOL stops using proxies and assigns each computer its own individual IP address, much like AT&T and most other Internet Service Providers do./>/>
  • DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Trust me when I say that all new moderators make the mistake of IP banning a proxy like AOL and innocent users are affected. Let's just say it takes one time to learn that banning AOL addresses isn't smart. That's why almost all the trolls use AOL. ;)
  • KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought that ex-mods had green names?

star 10
    At one time, but then we agreed that would get too confusing. Here's the breakdown:

• Red/no background: VIP's (authors, actors, etc...) and former admins

• Blue/no background - Fan Force city reps

• Any color but must have a background - admins (moderators, managers, administrators)

• The choice to go red and bold is the decision of the individual, if they are around to make the decision. Folks like Chyren who are no longer posting received the color when we all get demoted if we don't change our passwords. Or it might have been assigned. But you'll have to get an administrator to answer that because I'm not sure.
  • Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, its so good to be in the know . . .
  • KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I get it... So green names are ex-mods before the change?

star 10
    Technically, there shouldn't be any non-highlighted green users. If so, please give us the names and/or user ID's.
  • Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maybe he is confused by the colored VIP socks for the BB murder mystery. I think one of them is using green for their name.
  • KaaShamau Jedi Master

star 4
    Possibly, I count four at the moment. ?[face_plain]
  • NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Okay, guys, we've worked everything out. I'm pleased to report that DarthSapient and GriffZ will be returning to their prior manger and moderator positions, respectively.

For those who were wondering, the matter was basically a lack of communication that, coupled with the fact that Kadue and myself were busy in RL this weekend, resulted in a misunderstanding and hurt feelings, which is why they resigned. We have since ironed it all out and they'll be returning to their positions in the team. :)
  • YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Let me be the first to quote Anakin in TPM by saying, "Yippee!"

Glad to have them back.

star 10
    [Luke] Then I am a Jedi. [/Luke]
  • Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm very glad to hear it.

That will teach the admins to have lives away from the JC. 8-}
  • wstraka5 Jedi Master