main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September 15, 2002.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lobot_Omy, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    +-------------------------------------------------------------- +
    |Modsquad Update For The Week Ending September 15 2002|
    +-------------------------------------------------------------- +

[b](1) [color=steelblue][u]Returning mods, new VIPs, and game winners[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li]We welcome [hl=SteelBlue][color=Gold][b]Kadue[/b][/color][/hl] back to moderating. [face_happy] As most of you probably already know, he'll be focussing on the EU forums, particularly the Literature forum. [/li]

[li][color=red][b]WotC_Chris[/b][/color] has been promoted to VIP. He is the new representative of the Wizards of the Coast for the CCG/TCG boards.[/li]

[li][b][color=red]Lord Bane[/color][/b] has temporarily returned to discuss moderator self-policing in the 'squad. This occasion was celebrated with a bad "Bane" pun contest; the winning pun was posted by [hl=yellow][b]DarthSapient[/b][/hl].[/li]

[li]The three FanForce trivia game winners: [color=red][b]citizenjohn[/b][/color], [color=red][b]dp4m[/b][/color], and [color=red][b]boushh2187[/b][/color] have been promoted to VIP status for a month as their grand prize. Congratulations to all three of you! [face_happy] [/li]
    [/ul]
    [b](2) [color=steelblue][u]Taking a temporary leave[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li]FanFiction moderator [hl=SteelBlue][color=Azure][b]Julie[/b][/color][/hl] had to take a leave of absence to be with one of her family members, who has suffered an arm injury. We hope everything works out OK.[/li]
    [/ul]
    [b](3) [color=steelblue][u]Trouble with certain members[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li]Several problem users were discussed. Two of them have been banned. You know who you are.[/li]
    [/ul]
    [b](4) [color=steelblue][u]Concerning JC administration[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li]Quick to get things rolling [hl=SteelBlue][color=Gold][b]Kadue[/b][/color][/hl] has proposed a possible and more efficient structure for the moderating staff, based on the already existing Fan Force structure. Aside from the positions that are in place right now, an extra one was proposed where certain managers would be in charge of particular groups of boards. So far the response is in favor of his ideas.[/li]

[li]We are also currently discussing abuses of power. We are trying to work out a protocol for reporting such cases and what exactly should be done at first before making the case public to the rest of the moderators. Some questions touched upon are: what exactly constitutes abuse by a member of the administration and should an investigation be held prior to punishment or carrying out the sentence as quickly as possible.[/li]
    [/ul]
    [b](5) [color=steelblue][u]Other ideas and issues[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li]After the idea proposed by [b]Kerr_Plunk[/b] in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8764902&replies=15]this thread[/link] about having more information in the forum headers, [hl=PaleGreen][color=LimeGreen]green_cross_code[/color][/hl] tried to implement it and play around with different possibilities. Unfortunately his grand design was curbed by the limit of characters that can be used to make the header, so a lot of things had to be trimmed. But his header still showed much improvement over the current board headers. Hopefully his design will be implemented across the forums here.[/li]

[li]The effectiveness of the Advisory Council has been brought to attention. Among one of the most prominent points brought up initially was what it actually means about moderating staff to have a council of special regular users.[/li]
    [/ul]
    [b](6) [color=steelblue][u]Latest icon developments[/u][/color][/b][ul]
    [li][hl=LightCyan][color=Teal][b]Grilled-Sarlacc[/b][/color][/hl] has announced the end of Phase II (Deletion of icons) and the start of

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Moderators and Preparation H, what more do you need?

Wait, I know: Moderator Evaluations. What ever happened to these?

¤Night

3. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Good job, Lobot_Omy. I did have two comments/questions.

1). Where is my Shakesperian Misquote?

2). More seriously, was there any discussion on my idea about providing links to the related threads where people can discuss some of the more important issues that arise out of these ModSquad updates. I noticed that you included them in this update, but will that be standard for future updates?

Keep the good work up. :)

4. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    Love it! Thanks :D

...and a Jango

5. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I get mad when I don't get a mis-quote!

Bane is back? Does this mean that he got that evil pm that I sent to him on accident after his resignation? :p

G-S is styling as usual...but eh- on one of my browsers it appears G-S and Lobot have the same colours, I always confuse 'em. I (in my Bobby Trendy mode) would like to suggest a new look for you!

Grilled-Sarlacc <<<<tell me that isn't just scrumptious!!

Lobot_Omy <<<<like wise, this is very stylin' as well, hunny!!!!1

(end bobby trendy mode)

Icons going good.

OZK was discussed.

Kadue had some good Ideas...

a'right! thanks for the update!

Go Irish

EDIT 4~~All in favor of the outfits I suggested for Lobot and G-S say "Aye!"

EDIT six trillion, nine hundred and thirty-seven~~Thankyou wenley :D

(back in bobby trendy)

you see its all a delicate mix of 'peru' and white for G-S! and a scrumptious mixture of yellowgreen and snow for Lobot, they can even add a dash of italics to throw an ellegant yet spicey feel into the look :D

6. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    Thanks for the update Lobot! :)

EDIT:Those look good Citizen... :p

EDIT 2: "Aye" :D

7. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Nice update, Lobot. Good to see some of my old PSA buddies making use of themselves. ;)

8. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Thanks, guys. Sorry about no Shakespearean misquote. I'm not really good at Shakespeare and couldn't find anything I could use.

9. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Great update.

10. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
  11. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Added Banner Contest info.

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Good update there. Thanks for the all-round info, it helps us know what's going on in other forums.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Nice update... perrrrrty colors. :D

And I had no idea G-S was such a fashion buff!!! ;) :D

14. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Thanks for the thorough update.

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    That really was a well-written, thorough update, Lobot_Omy. :)

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    And the number of admins never to do an update decreases again :).

Good work, Lobot :).

17. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Nice update. Needs more drama though. You know, not a lot, just a little bit, tastefully sprinkled over the top, like hot pepper on a baked potato.

I was hoping something would come out of GS changing his colors, but so far , nada. :(

18. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    thank you, thank you, thank you. :D :D :D

19. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    OMG!!!! Did Grilled Sarlacc actually bother to consult with the Fashion Advisory Council before changing his colors? Once again, the FAC is overlooked by the mods in their personal quests to do things their own way.

I demand an entire drama thread be devoted to this subject...

20. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree with EmpressPalpatine on this issue.

Actually I don't, but I thought if I did it might make things interesting.

21. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Thanks for the update Lobot. And if I haven't already said it, welcome back. :)

And good luck to Julie's family. Let's get that arm back in place! ;)

22. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i wish the moderators would contribute their thoughts on the effectiveness of the AC in the AC, it might just make it more effective.

moderator evaluations are still underway, the principal force behind them is currently on a break of somekind, so any progress on that front awaits their return. however it is a slow process regardless, and sadly, patience is needed.

23. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    That was a great update, mainly because you didn't include the Shakespeare Mis-quote.

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i agree, i can't stand those!

DarthTunick,
    you can't ignore the San Fernando Valley!

25. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks for the update. :)
    And just wondering, but will an outline of JMT's ideas be available once she's expressed them to the mod squad or will we have to wait in the dark until the mod squad votes on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.