main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOHAA

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vezner, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I just bought Medal of Honor Allied Assault and I have to say that it is the best FPS that I have played in a long time. If Jedi Outcast is even close to MOHAA in gameplay (and I know it will...Raven...duh) it will be AWESOME!!!
    If you haven't seen the game yet, check it out. The Ohamaha Beach level was incredible!!!

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I really want to play singleplayer. I'll probably get it later this month or early February.

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    My mom's picking it up today on her way home from work. I've been waiting for it for months. I'm even registered at the official board. :)

4. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    I've heard that the SP game is really good, but the MP aspect sucks. Good thing DoD 2.0 is just about ready for release. They're working on playtesting the linux build, then they just need to send it out to the ppl running the servers.

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    If you want SP, get MOHAA. If you want MP, get RTCW.

I have both. :D

6. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    AT60=Germans every time. ;)

7. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I got this today because I saw it for $35 and I had a gift card anyway. I've only played about eight missions so far, but it's a good game. And who knows, maybe mp will deliver.

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Dan: I'm a German. Grew up in Germany. It doesn't really bother me, because they're just pixels. I choose these games because I have an interest in World War 2.

BTW, I beat MOHAA, and it is fantastic!

9. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Cool. How long did it take?

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I didn't count the hours, but I got it on Thursday and beat in on Sunday. I was playing a lot. Easy mode, no cheats. Very fun. :)

This game is a sniper's paradise!

My favourite levels (No moree spoilers than what's on the box):

-Omaha Beach
    -The one where you drive the tank
    -The one where you defend the bridge
    -Sniper's Last Stand

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I really, really want to play Omaha. I think I'm gonna play in a little bit.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Omaha is good. The game is exactly like the videos on the official site. They didn't change a bit.

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I just got through with the entire Omaha mission thing. Very cool.

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    How many times did you have to load your quicksave? 100? 200? ;)

15. Victoria

Victoria Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    I suppose I will always be loyal to DoD, partially to support mod makers in this now crowded WWII market, and partially because it continues to kick my ass.

beta 2.0 is easily on my top 5 list of games I have to play once I can use one of those computer things again. it is going to rock me like a hurricane.

finally I will be able to lay down supressing fire good and proper with the new machine guns. yeah, i was one of the few guys you ever saw on omaha emptying all of my BAR clips for covering fire when the allied snipers couldn't get the job done. let me reiterate: the upcoming beta 2 machine guns just screem BLOW ME AWAY. i just want to mount one of those babies and let them have it.

beta 2 gas a sheetload of other cool features as well. only thing i don't like is the new hud, but that is forgivable.

since i can't play games, i can't play MOHAA, and i haven't talked with anyone dedicated DoD players that could give me an unbiased comparison of multiplayer MOHAA features and gameplay compared to DoD.

16. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    If the multiplayer demo is anything to judge it by, MoH's mp is nowhere near DoD. I'll try out MoH's mp later this week, but I'm not expecting much. And I think this weekend would be a nice time for the to release DoD 2.0.

17. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Did the first dog scare the crap out of you, or what?

18. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    you mean the little white poodle with fluffy feet and tail?

yea! scared the shiRt outta me!

[image=http://www.pedigreesroyal.com/images/photos/White%20Diamonds2.jpg]

19. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Bah, you don't even have the game.

20. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    From the Oficcial DoD site.

"As Axis mentioned, there was a fairly simple exploit that could totally render our "recoil" feature useless. In addition to that, we've also been having trouble with server stability, especially Linux. The recoil bug has been fixed, and Mugsy just sent some new code fixes to Valve concerning the Linux stability. Once our linux server is recompiled, we'll give it a good stress test to see if it'll stay up for more than a few hours."

Hopefully they can get it all settled so they can release 2.0 this weekend. It's gonna be a big improvement over 1.3b. I'm still playing DoD, but i'm getting sick of all of the bunnyhoppers and 2.0 will fix that and a lot more. I'm also glad that they're increasing the rof for the kar98 since it's what I use at least 90% of the time. I'll have to make another DoD thread once 2.0 is released as I can't find my previous one.

BTW, Krayt, do you remember what version we started playing at? All I can remember was you, Jade and I playing on dod_vn61 and Jade was in a bunker with a turret and we were trying to get her. :) Looking at the map lists of diff. versions, It would have probably been beta 1 or beta 1.1 since dod_vn61 was taken out in beta 1.2.

21. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    That dog did scare the crap out of me, especially when I killed all the Germans and I was still losing health. It's an amazing thing when all you have to do is look down.

22. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I didn't know that Krayt played DoD before I started, hehe. I started playing at the end of 1.1.

23. Victoria

Victoria Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Dum I think the three of us were playing the very first alpha release that time around. I remember determining that the game wasn't fun enough at alpha and taking a break until the next major release. The fact that we were playing omaha with only three people probably had something to do with that too.

Yes Dan I am oldschool w/ teh DOD. I played you in it once and I still have a screen, that was after a had been playing a least a few weeks solidly I think.

24. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I just beat the game. Overall it was excellent, but it had a poor ending.

Maybe they can make an expansion. Maybe a Brit or a Canadian, or maybe even a Nazi. That would be cool, but I don't think it will happen.

25. DUM4

DUM4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2000
    Yeah, It wasn't too much fun with just 3 ppl. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.