Mojave Desert FanForce Meetings & Announcements

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Stridarious, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Sounds good to me. Stridarious, if you could make the arrangements please.

How does 8:00pm sound?
  2. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
  4. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    8:00 does sound like a good time then. Thats three votes.
  5. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    What now? 8-}

Did I miss a discussion on meetings? :confused:

Please keep in mind that I am in school as we speak and if on a weekday (Monday-Thursday) It could cause a few problems! :D

*goes back to read up on what he missed*
  6. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  7. JediHomer3 Jedi Youngling

8. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    So I take it that the meeting is Saturday at 8 PM?
  9. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  10. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Please send me a PM with the info regarding your meeting so I can get it posted on the Fanforce main page.
  11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok. I'll have Stridarious send it today.
  12. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    Okay I will send off the exact same info from the last meeting information. As it is mostly the same. ;)

I personally am un-sure if I can go, however, I will keep you all posted on that.
  13. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Well it's been two weeks, so i guess we should have a meeting. Same time, same place ( 8 PM, Saturday, Sep. 20th, Gold Strike Lanes ) should be good. Any takers?
  14. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  15. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Well then...thats two.
    Is anybody out there?
  16. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We'll have to see whats going on. My family has things to do this weekend. So I'll know later tonight or tomorrow whats going to happen. I should be able to make it but there is a chance that I won't.
  17. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    Arr, ye need to notify me via PM sooner, as ye sendth teh info in...*clears throat* Excuse me, its been a long two days worth of Pirate talk. 8-}

At most I need to know at max a week before the actual meeting is to commence, as the RSAs need to post it to the main page. Perhaps a meeting next week? :confused:
  18. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  19. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok, we can have a meeting tonight but it won't be considered an official one. So everyone knows where and when.
  20. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    DanakinSkywalker: "As Meeting & Events Coordinator, aren't you supposed to make the meetings? I can't remember the last time you did..."

Now that was an un-called for low blow. If I re-call many of the meetings I had suggested doing were bumped down. I wish to hold meetings many times else where. Yet many herein feel that redundancy is the answer. I do not agree. I feel that other locations would be alot better as to get out more and see different things. Not so much one specific area.

Don't get me wrong, yes a centralized location can help, yet, its also good to explore around alittle.

Also, do not forget the idea of a HUGE California Meeting. Which as I last saw of it, it was talked about as far as prices, yet decided that it would be waited upon until money had been decided and earned.

So, please do not sell me short as not doing my job, as I am trying to do the best with what I have. ;)
  21. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Blah. The truth hurts Stridarious.
    While the truth is nice and warm...
    You haven't come to a meeting in months. And the rest of the MDSWS decided that saturdays were better, because of our schedules. We are the only ones who actually bowl anyways.
    See different things? This is Apple Valley, not to many options.Frankly i'm sick of seeing non-star wars related topics on this board. Everyone else has costumes, and acting members showed up to Comic-Con, and even the future Las Vegas Comic-con. Just because you come to our little MDSWS meetings doesn't make you a member of the greater Star Wars collective. I know i'm not the best Treasurer, possibly because if i were to ask for money, i would be shot down faster than a star wars fan in a star trek convention. So boo ya.

Oh. And I would love any reprisal. I live on arguments. :)
  22. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'm not here to argue. The reasons I have not gone to a meeting is simple, I cannot make the times posted. 8:00 p.m. is late, and my parents wouldn't want to pick me up at 10:00 p.m. especially since in a week or so we'll be getting my grandfather, who is sick.

I'm sorry if you all feel that way, but Apple Valley does have more things to do then is thought. There is the Movie Theaters, and even Scandia. May not be much, but atleast its something else then bowling.

And if you look about the other FF's and check out their discussions they have anything from favorite movies to social threads. Just check out these forums: ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10143]SDSWS[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10134]LAFF[/link], & finally the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10037]Victoria FF[/link]. So not everything neds to be centered on Star Wars, its a way to get to know each other better and have FUN! :D
  23. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
  24. TheOmen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    DanakinSkywalker and I attended the meeting on Saturday. So much for the rest of the MDSWS, must have been car problems or something. But hey, It's all good. :)
  25. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ok guys settle down please. Stridarious, as I said before if you need a ride let others know so some sort of arrangement can be made. And the big event is still being worked on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.