main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mojave Desert Weekly Sun (July 28th-August 1st, 2003)

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Mojave Desert Weekly Sun

Week of July 28th-August 1st, 2003

Meeting?

As many of you have heard, there is a meeting this Friday at 7:00 p.m. in the facility of ?Gold Strike Lanes?. I must apologize for the late notice, however I did ask our RSA Mara_Jade_Fan to post it onto the main FF web page ;) .

New Banner

The new banner should be up soon, as soon as our CR can contact the RSA and have her pass it onto the GSA who will then post it up for us. It looks great, however will need to be updated as soon as we have decided our forum chapter name. As that will need to be added to the banner underneath, ?Mojave Desert FanForce?. However, thanks goes out to JangoFett316 who courteously designed the banner, and even helped to code the page. THANKS! 8-}

Title Styles?

FF member JangoFett316 brought up the idea of orderly titles which help to better organize the current smashed together staff titles. He also suggested that each title get its own unique colorful description type style to it. (Ex: MDFF: keeper of the credits)
    However, this is still undergoing discussion. As we would need our own name style, and not that of those which other FF?s have created :D .

Current FF Games:

We currently have two games, each unique and fun, one dealing directly with Star Wars, hosted by MaceWindy, well the other hosted by BartSimpson-SithLord is based mostly on the ideas of EVERYTHING. This including video games and colorful questions about past and present events. However, prizes are still undergoing debate, it appears that most prizes are to be a thread devoted to the winners ;) , and perhaps their name within the main header as an announcement! :)

MDFF Star Wars Trivia Quest

The host will be gone for a couple of weeks; as so, the game is currently on hiatus until his return. In the meantime, more contestants are required, as only a few members/ non-members have been participating. For more info check out the thread located here.

New Header

As is accustom, we will be re-organizing the forum, in doing this many threads that have information concerning staff and or FF info, may or may not be placed within the same thread and added onto the forum header as a helpful way to condense the info. It has also been suggested that we add other FF?s into the forum header. I tend to agree, however, not as that of the other forums. I say add the main FF web page that has all the FF pacific region pages listed. This way we may advertise all the FF?s within our region fairly ;) . Plus this would also leave room for other important MDFF/ FF links.

Meeting & Events Coordinator/Region Liaison Promotion?

As many of you have seen over the last few months I have been promoted to Newbie Adoptions Coordinator within the Welcome New Users forum, this being after the original Coordinator had stepped down and left the JC all together. I know many have been confused as to why I had removed my other titles. Though I still do hold those positions, I did not want to confuse those whom I worked directly with :D So to cause me to stand out easier on the forum I removed my FF titles and placed them within my bio.
    Now my title states the following:
    Title:
    Welcome New Users:
    -Adoption Coordinator

I would also like to say that anyone willing to adopt with the amount of 500 posts and a time of well over 4 months on the JC come on down to the Newbie Adoption [v.4] program where I will pair you up with a perfect match.

2. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    As to the new banner the information has been sent off to the RSA so all we have to do is wait. If anymore problems come up look for them in the banner thread.

3. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  4. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I think that the main moderators of these FF forums prefere if they were clear and easy for those who are new to know who is who. I personally have no obligations to the new flashy titles. However, we need to decide on what is clear yet easy to understand without question ;) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.