main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Moments - canon vignette, A/P, Obi-Wan, Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Moments
    Author: amidalachick
    Timeframe: PT to RotJ
    Characters: Anakin, Padmé, Obi-Wan, Luke
    Notes: It's been forever since I've written SW fic, or even read much SW fic, but it still has a special place in my heart as my first fandom love. I got a little chill down my spine typing "Skywalker" again, lol! I was going through some old files and found this, and I don't remember ever posting it (although it's quite possible I did and forgot), so I thought I'd share. Hope you enjoy! :)
    Disclaimer: Star Wars and all things SW-related belong to Disney and George Lucas. I make no money and do this entirely for fun.

Moments

Padmé stared intently into the mirror and pushed her headband a little further back. The heavy dark-green fabric, accented with multi-colored iridescent gems, perfectly matched the elaborate gown and robes she wore.

Turning away from the mirror, Padmé smiled brightly at her companion, who had been watching as she put the finishing touches on her attire, and asked, "Well? How do I look?"

"Perfect," Anakin replied immediately. "The delegation won't know what hit them when you walk in the room."

"Are you jealous?" Padmé asked, trying to maintain a light, teasing air.

"Of course," Anakin said. He sighed. "I just wish that...that I could walk into that room with you, right next to you, holding your hand."

"I wish that, too," Padmé said. She placed a hand on Anakin's cheek. "Oh, Annie. Someday, when all of this is over, maybe then we can make our marriage public. But until then - "

"I know." Anakin dropped his gaze.

"I have to go," Padmé said gently. "I love you."

"And I love you," Anakin said. "Forever."

They kissed, resting in each other's arms, each trying to savor the moment while it lasted because they didn't know when they would have another chance. Then Anakin left. Padmé made a final adjustment to her dress and hair, her gaze lingering on the spot where he had been standing. She treasured their time together, but it seemed like they never had enough.

Sometimes a moment was too short.

Obi-Wan remembered many things from the years he and Anakin had spent together. In the early days, they had both been thrust into a world that they weren't entirely ready for. They had learned to respect and trust each other, even to love each other as brothers and comrades. Their exploits became legendary.

Sometimes, when he lay awake with the sand whispering endlessly, Obi-Wan remembered the times Anakin had saved his life, or the little jokes they'd shared.

But sometimes, like now, he focused on other moments. Tonight, no matter how much he tried to distract himself or lose himself in the Force, his thoughts turned to that second that had seemed like an eternity, when Anakin tried to leap over him on Mustafar. He felt as though he was there, living it again and again, until he was burning up and went out into the cool desert night to seek relief.

He still had the future to face, with new responsibilities. But he knew he would never escape that second.

Sometimes a moment was too long.

Luke smiled as the ghosts of Yoda, Ben, and his father faded.

Part of him would have liked more time. There was so much he still didn't know, and so much that still had to be done. But he knew they were with him in the Force. And he would always have those final precious minutes, when he had removed the helmet and heard his father's voice, and known that Anakin Skywalker was truly redeemed.

Luke cast one last glance back, still smiling, then turned to rejoin the celebrations.

Sometimes a moment was enough.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A very great piece of writing[face_dancing]^:)^

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, it is, and very much IC for all. I am very happy you shared. @};- [:D]

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Absolutely - fantastic. Pithy, to the point, concise and lyrical - kudos. ^:)^

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Absolutely beautiful! Loved it

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks so much. :)

Nyota's Heart: Thank you for reading. @};-

Valairy Scot: *blushes* Thank you so much.

serendipityaey: Thank you. :)

Thanks to everyone who's read this! Star Wars forever. [face_love]

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    that was truly awesome :) loved it

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Lovely!

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Beautifully done!

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Beautiful!!
    I love how the moments changed and how different lengths of moments tied the whole thing together. They were perfect examples of each.
    Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing!

11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Falcon: Thank you!

Jade_Pilot: Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Lover: Thank you!

mavjade: I've definitely found in real life that the same amount of time can feel completely different in different circumstances, and I'm glad it worked in the fic. Thanks for reading!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    =D= Very Nice! Old or new Im glad you posted it.

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This is going to feel like I'm repeating the review I've left on nearly every single one of your fics, but like every time I'm amazed that you manage to pack so much meaning in so few words. Here you took three very short, apparently unconnected scenes, and you were able to use them to highlight the essence of the wider story arc of the PT and OT. The first moment is the one that, for being too short, will put the Force off-kilter; the second moment, for being too long, is the one that portrays the hardship of the struggle against the dark; and the third moment, the one that is enough, is the moment balance is re-established. This is writing of the highest quality, and I want you to know that this is, again, one of your stories I'll be coming back to in order to study how you do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.