main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moments in PT that feel like the OT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by bhusek, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    the opening crawl always does it for me...no other movies start out with a couple of paragraphs to get you "Caught up" on the action...its pure Star Wars.

2. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    How about Obi Wan screams when Qui gon is killed and Luke screams when Obi Wan is killed.

3. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002

There were only 2 moments like that for me in AOTC (none in TPM)

#1. Anakin walking with Palps (I see you becoming the greatest of all jedi) If only the rest of the PT could be like this.

#2. Anakin battling Dooku. (too bad he had to get rocked so fast..oh well, he'll have his revenge in Ep III)

4. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Anakin in EpisodeII saying good bye to Padme on Tatooine and Luke and the Binary sunset. The end of Attack of the Clones where they are playing the Impreial March and in the4 Empire Strikes Back when we first hear the Imp. March with Darth Vader watching the fleet.

5. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    In the younglings scene in ATOC, the humorous Yoda ("lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has....") seems like the early ESB Yoda.

I completely agree. It had the same feel as ESB, too, where there's a serious situation and a bit of (acutally funny) humor lightens the mood. I love it.

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    In TPM where C-3PO says "I'm not sure this floor is entirely stable.

And in TESB "I'am not sure this asteroid is entirely stable."

C-3PO = :cool:

7. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    When Qui Gon uses his lightsaber to take out that flying droid that was chasing Obi Wan..reminded me of Luke taking out that biker scout with his light saber.

The ending ceremony in TPM reminded me of the medal ceremony in ANH. Same with ATOC, the ending reminded me of Leia and Luke with 3PO and R2 watching the Falcon take off.

ATOC when Anakin visits the Lars home whole those parts reminded me of ANH.

Last one when Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan are all chained up on Geonosis. When the those monster like animals come out...the look on Anakin's face reminded of me of the look on Luke's face when he saw the Rancor at Jabba's Palace.

8. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    TPM
    -tattoine scenes..seeing Jabba et al...the sand people..
    -the battle scene around the control ship(smaller version of DS)
    -the victory parade..classic SW...
    AOTC
    -padme/anakin during packing scene(at the end)..totally reminded me of Han/leia on falcon in the astroid...
    -anakin standing on balcony..total ESB Vader
    -tattoine scenes(think it just the planet..)
    -the wedding..was so much like the ending of ESB..

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2003
    Threepio and Artoo pretty much any scene with them in AOTC. It was classic R2 & Threepio there.

10. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    Both Vaders and his mother's death scenes are similar from the both being supported from their child to them both having a wheezing speech.( only noticed it yesterday how close they are she even has the scar on the cheek)

Also in TPM when the Hero's return to Naboo and land in the forest Obi-Wan, Panaka with the Starship being unloaded in the background is very similar to ROTJ when Han and crew arrive on Endor and the Shuttle in the background the the troops disembarking.

Not to mention the Waiting room chairs on the TF ship in TPM resembles very much the design of the chairs on the Deathstar in the meeting room in ANH.

JAR JAR is ignored by Droids in TPM and goes
    HOW RUDE! can't quite remember the scene.(I think its on the Royal Starship.
    C3PO in ESB greets another droid and is promptly told to E-CHUTA and replies.
    HOW RUDE!

11. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Anakin vs Dooku reminded me of Luke vs Vader on Bespin. Probably because both Ani and Luke were so overmatched but fought gamely.

For some reason, the droid factory scene reminds me of the scene on Jabba's sail barge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.