main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Moments in SW you thought were funny.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SatineNaberrie, Feb 13, 2015.

1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Are there moments in Star wars that you find funny that may not necessary be meant to be or you like making of them, or maybe you saw a video on youtube and now its hard to watch the scene with out laughing.

My funny moments:

-Palpatine saying good good
    -Ewoks blowing up
    -Admiral Ozzel
    -It's a trap
    -Leia's scream when the creature appears on the window in the space slug in ESB
    -Mas Amedda saying "if only Senator Amidala were here" (it's so obvious he says it for jar jar to hear)
    -Blue elephant playing instrument in ROTJ
    -Beru calling for Luke in an annoying way
    -Tarkin asking Leia where is the rebel base
    -Lando's laugh
    -C3PO getting attacked by flying creatures in space slug in ESB
    -some of the sounds yoda makes in ESB
    -yoda spinning the senate thing before throwing it at palatine
    -palpatine's laugh

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Funniest moment in the whole saga for me is Jar Jar shocking his tongue and it going numb. Never fails to get me laughing

Uh....

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    TPM

When Obi-Wan says "Master, we're short on time" in response to Qui-Gon trying to bail Jar Jar out. He doesn't seem too concerned for Jar Jar.

The chicken creature screaming when Jabba knocks it off a ledge.

AOTC

Anakin stating he believes in dictatorships and Padme brushing it off as a joke.

ROTS

R2 frying Seperatist droids.

"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality".

Padme exclaiming (in response to "Anakin has turned to the darkside") - You're wrong. How can you even say that?" is unintentionally funny.

ANH

Han trying to get a reaction out of Luke - "Do you think a Princess and a guy like me..." "No." Lol

The cheesiness of the big three after destroying the Deathstar - "I knew there was more to you than money."

ESB

"Sorry sweetheart. I haven't got time for anything else."

ROTJ

The Ewoks are gonna eat the heroes.

-Jedi Joe- and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Watto saying "He ALWAYS wins!" followed by that great laugh - and that face - always cracks me up.

When the Senate duel has ended and Palpatine holds on to that pod while laughing maniacally and then starts to whine like the old man he is as he struggles to pull himself up... I just LOVE that moment!

5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    "NOOOOO!!!"

Lando Swarm likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Han charging the stormtroopers in ANH. The comm call as well.

7. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    I also need to add Palpatine saying "No no you have lost" to Mace.

It Palpatine wasn't so evil and cunning I'd believe he was the comic relief.

8. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    I remember my friend laughing out loudly at the cinema when Obi-Wan said "Good job!" to the chained Anakin...

He laughed so loud that he made everyone at the cinema laugh too...

Now this is the funniest scene to me!!! [face_rofl]

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Sometimes the reactions are the best part.

10. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    In the PT...

Many of Watto's lines and mannerisms crack me up -- in some ways, he's the most human character in SW, I think. "You'll what???"

Jar Jar is very endearing and has many moments that make me chuckle, or, at the least, raise a smile. "You saved my again!!!"

Palpatine, of course, has some corkers. "It's upsetting to me to see that the Council doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talents."

The sincere insincerity of it all...

Obi-Wan's warm banter with Dex, Obi-Wan's slightly less-warm banter with Grievous. "Hello, there!"

Grievous himself. "You fool! I've been trained in your Jedi Arts by Count Doo-Kooo!"

Come to think of it, Obi-Wan generally. "You won't get away this time, Doo-Kooo!" (He and Grievous are two of a kind).

The fact that Lucas named Dooku "Doo-Koo", and not "Dough-Koo", for aforesaid moments of assonantal comedy.

A lot of Anakin's asides in TPM. "I saved the pod -- mostly."

"So have you, grown more beautiful, I mean. Well, for a senator, I mean..." The film should pause and there should be the sound of a cuckoo clock inserted at that moment.

"If only Senator Amidala were here..."
    "Mmm."

"Did you press the stop button?"
    "No. Did you?"
    "No."

"This time, we will do it together."
    "I was about to say that."

"Not to worry -- we are still flying half a ship."

"Master Windu, how pleasant of you to join us."

"I sense great fear in you, Young Skywalker!" Christopher Lee himself is just great in these movies.

"What about Padme?"
    "She seems to be on top of things!"

Nute Gunray and his accented quips are rather hilarious at times. "Shoot her -- or something!"

Threepio in AOTC: "Calm down, Artoo! I almost fell!" ..... well, duh! And when the mood strikes, his short outbursts in the arena. "I'm quite beside myself."

The acklay snapping the spear between its jaws and Obi-Wan's priceless reaction.

"Good call, my young padawan!" Cheesy brilliance. And a nice example of Obi-Wan giving Anakin credit for something.

"Oh, I have a bad feeling about this!" by Obi-Wan in ROTS. Probably my favourite recital of the classic line. I like Ewan's razzled delivery, and it's funny to think about Obi-Wan first saying it at the start of TPM, not to mention his frayed nerves during the air speeder chase in AOTC. Basically, at this point, it's sort of become his catch-phrase, like he constantly expects things to go wrong or at least pan out in unexpected ways. Even more glorious when you look at the tragic trajectory of ROTS.

Yoda confronting Dooku, Yoda knocking out the Emperor's royal guards.

In the OT...

Han generally.

Threepio generally.

Han and Threepio collectively.

Artoo and Yoda generally and collectively.

TESB Vader.

The Emperor.

The Ewoks.

Jabba. Especially his cavernous laugh.

"Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship."
    "Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?"
    "Should I have?" (the tone and the facial expression)

"Situation normal." Yeah, I know I already said "Han generally", but that line is particularly sublime.

"Between ourselves, I think Master Luke is in considerable danger." Yes, again, I know I already said "Threepio generally", but that line is so laugh-out-loud, fist-on-forehead funny, I just had to include it separately. People complain about his silly arena dialogue in AOTC, but I think this line is just as illustrative of Threepio's flagrant inability to avoid saying preciously dumb, super-obvious things.

"I am ready! Ben, I-I-I can be a Jedi! Ben, tell him I'm read----" Luke clonks his head on Yoda's low ceiling. Talk about instant humility. Always that slight magic to every line, every blast of humour, every incident.

-Jedi Joe-, Iron_lord and Flapjack4 like this.
  11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    It's been said already, but I'll echo Han generally and Han's interactions with 3PO specifically.

12. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Funniest moments from each movie:

TPM: Random rabbit droid saying 'Um, let me think,.. um, does not compute,..um...you are under arrest' in a drone-like tone expected from a robot whilst the data process-making was so laughingly human-like in its rambling delivery. Irony of droids 'superiority'.

AOTC: C-3P0 'Oh my... Shut me down, machines making machines, how perverse!' to R2 in the droid factory scene.

ROTS: Sidious 'I have been waiting a loooong time for this....my little green...friend.' McDiarmid delivers just so much uncontrollable hahahaheheheheeee into his character that Palpy seems to be in perpetual constipated glee. It's even funnier in french, 'J'ai attendu ce moment depuis si longtemps, mon vieux... compagnon verrrt'. The french translation of Palpatine's reveal as Sidious is something like 'Je vous prie, servez-vous de ma science' which always strikes me as hilariously ridiculous as the proper English translation would be 'I beg of you, make use of my science' instead of the actual 'I beg of you, use my knowledge' lol. Like in french he is basically masquerading his dark side knowledge as a scientific branch. Adds an extra sugary suaveness into Palpatine's attempted seduction.

ANH: Han 'Where'd you dig up that old fossil?' in reference to Obi-Wan when funnily enough said 'fossil' is literally the last person that could ever be fossilized due to his Jedi/netherworld of the force/emptied robed death/Force Ghost destiny.

TESB:
    ROTJ: Vader 'The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am' to his Commander. Some notion of forgiveness, eh?

Cryogenic, -Jedi Joe- and Flapjack4 like this.
  13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Most of the obvious ones have already been said. Honestly pretty much every witticism in ANH is a classic. BUT I want to highlight one that nobody else will likely bring up.

I'm neither a Jar Jar fan or a Kar Jar hater. Most of his antics just kinda pass by me. However, there's one moment of his that never fails to get a chuckle out of me. It's when his foot gets caught in the wires of the severed droid body, causing him to accidentally shoot everything around him. There's just something so morbidly hilarious about the whole thing, even though the darkness is lessened because none of his victims are actually living. But it's still, in my mind, Jar Jar's finest moment of physical comedy.

14. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    I totally forgot this, but this I find pretty funny.

When Palpatine says "once more the Sith will rule the galaxy" the way he says it sounds kind of weird too. The tone of voice is what I'd imagine a drunk Palpatine to have.

15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Obi-Wan's dry wit really does it for me in both trilogies.

Bail B. Baobab and Cryogenic like this.
  16. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    Anakin: You underestimate my power (I've seen the duel so many times, I can't help, but find it hilarious)

Padme: Anakin you're breaking my heart! (Same)

Anakin: And where are you going?
    Obi-Wan: To get a drink.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi-Wan had a lot of fun zingers in the PT, the good job moment was hilarious and I love the deathstick moment in the Coruscant bar.

Palpatine is unintentionally funny, he's so 2-D it's hard to take him seriously in Jedi and the prequels.

18. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    After take off from Bespin, when Leia Chewie and Lando are in the cockpit of the Falcon, and Lando tries making the jump to lightspeed.
    "It's not my fault!!"

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are a lot of funny moments; I was trying to go through the ones that were unintentional.

Han's, Obi-Wan's, and Leia's sarcastic smartass lines are all hilarious. They might have been intended that way though. Han/3PO interaction is the funniest in the saga.

I laughed at Elian Sleazebaggano getting mind-tricked to go home and rethink his life.

Anakin tricking Padme into thinking he had gotten hurt on the shaak.

And yes, Han going "AHHHHH!" as the stormtroopers chased him.

-Jedi Joe- and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    At that point I always picture Groucho Marx or somebody off to the side going "And he's not very forgiving!"

21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Threepio shooting at the Jedi in the battle of Geonosis. I die every time.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    Another moment I wished I added to my list

When Jocasta Nu says "If an item does not appear in our records it does that exist."

I found it hilarious along with her body language while saying it.

23. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    "Not this ship, sister."
    "Get this (forgot the adjective) slime away from me!"
    Leia's face when she sees Obi-Wan & Vader fighting in the distance and the stormtroopers start firing after them.
    Sy Nootle's "uh oh"
    Bib Fortuna waking up Jabba after the Podrace is over
    Jabba plucking a little animal away from the balcony to its death during the podrace

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    1) Nute Gunray saying to Rune Haako, "This is getting out of hand. Now, there are two of them!"

2) C-3PO arguing with Han, and Han calling him a "professor."

3) Lando's fake rage when meeting Han in Cloud City.

4) Leia's scream when the creature appears on the window in the space slug.

5) Yoda saying, "Take you to him, I will. Ha ha ha!"

6) Greedo saying, "That's the idea. I've been looking forward to this for a long time," prior to being shot.

7) Han talking about Luke having "delusions of grandeur."

8) Vader saying, "He's as clumsy as he is stupid."

9) Sidious saying, "Goooood."

25. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    This thread seems to be kind of a mix of intentional and unintentionally funny moments.

Some more...

TPM

- When Jar Jar gets his tongue in the energy binder and Padme has to free his hand, Padme's back is to the camera but you can tell she is frustrated with him.

- Ben Quadrinero's (spl) pod splitting apart and flying everywhere.

- When Anakin wins the podrace Kitster goes to high-five the Rodian kid and they awkwardly don't connect.

AOTC

- Corde saying "I've failed you" to Padme is quite unintentionally comical; getting blown up instead of Padme is exactly her job, how did she fail?

- "So have you. Grown more beautiful I mean... Well for a Senator I mean." *wince* X)

ROTS

- I always crack up when Palpatine says "They asked you to do something that made you feel dishonest didn't they?" Comedy gold.

- (deleted scene) Anakin and Obi-Wan's hand-signals on the Invisible Hand: "Far too many of them for that."

- (deleted scene) "You clones make terrible Jedi..."

ANH

- R2 tricking Luke into removing his restraining bolt and... "Just you reconsider playing back that message for him!" *R2 beeps* "No, I don't think he likes you at all!" *R2 beeps* "No. I don't like you either."

ESB

- Anything between Han and Threepio as others have said.

- "Aw, cannot get your ship out!"

- "I am C-3PO, human-cyborg relations. My facilities are at your disposal..." *Lando walks away* "Well really!"

ROTJ

- Crying Rancor keeper.

- "I've taken care of everything." "Oh. Great."

- Jabba laughing at Luke's last warning "Free us or die!"

Cryogenic likes this.