main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Moments in SW you thought were funny.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SatineNaberrie, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I think the funniest line there -- one of the funniest lines in the PT, actually (kind of a shame this was cut) -- belongs to Obi-Wan:

"Rescue, Anakin, not mayhem."

Lulu_Mars likes this.
  2. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I love it when C3PO says to R2 "Oh, switch off!"

3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The way Watto just looks at Qui-Gon's hand when he tries to mindtrick him is priceless!

4. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    I just realized that Han's fey voice when he BS-es his way through that intercom conversation, in ANH in the detention block area, pretending to be a fussy Imperial officer, is a bit like (or shows up again in) that scene in "Blade Runner", when Deckard goes backstage and hustles Zhora, claiming to be from "the American Federation Of Variety Artists". In both cases, it kind of goes tits up a moment later.

Just been re-watching "Blade Runner" over the weekend. Thought I'd throw that in.

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    In Empire Strikes Back. The interactions between Han and Leia were great in Echo Base and during the asteroid chase. Especially:

Princess Leia: "Some day you're gonna be wrong, I just hope I'm there to see it."

LATER

Han Solo: "You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart."
    Princess Leia: "I take it back!" [face_laugh]

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    Uncle Owen to Jawa: Hey, what are you trying to push on us?"
    Jawa to Uncle Owen: "What?!
    [face_laugh] I love that response

7. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I love the running joke that nobody really respects C3P0. I think his haplessness is at its best when he has a "straight man" to play off of. His exchanges with Han are gold, as others have noted, but it starts even earlier with Uncle Owen, and even Luke waives at him to shut up when he goes on too long about R2. You could probably even say it starts in ROTS, right when Bail Organa oh so casually orders 3PO's mind wiped.

If anybody has read it, the new Marvel Star Wars series totally gets what makes C3PO funny. It's the first time in a loooong time that I've actually considered him one of my favorite characters.

8. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Obi Wan, Han, Leia and 3P0 are my favourite clowns.
    TPM's "What's this?!" always gets me. I also laugh at the "Old folks' home" moment in AOTC - that line is so underrated; I'd love to hear the back story behind that moniker.
    People keep knocking the dialogue in the films, but I feel they always get it right when it comes to wisecracks and banter.
    Han putting his hand over 3P0's mouthpiece is very funny, especially after Daniels (I think?) noted in the commentary that it would have no effect on a microphone.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Jar Jar, I like his clumsiness so much
    Everything 3PO and R2
    Everything 3PO and Han in ROTJ [face_laugh]
    Off course Obi-wan and Anakin has their moments in RotS and in the cutscenes as well
    obi-wan: alright, I still have much to learn (just looking at his body language and I lost it every time)

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Actually, let me list my favourite comedy moment from each ep

TPM: Jar Jar numbing his tongue (I think my fave in the saga)

AOTC: 3PO swapping heads with a battle droid followed by all the puns as he's getting reattached. "DIE, JEDI DOGS! Oh, what did I say?!"

ROTS: Some lines in the beginning are unintentionally funny just because Backstroke of the West is on my mind lol

ANH: "No, I don't think he likes you at all." "dee deet beep" "No, I don't like you either."

TESB: There's something sadistically funny about Chewbacca placing the toolbox so precariously at its edge and watching it fall down and hit Han

ROTJ: Han interrupting 3PO four times as he keeps telling him to say things to the Ewoks

Cryogenic likes this.
  11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Would it help if I got out and pushed? It might!! :)

12. jahyeshua

jahyeshua Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2015

I agree he just get's so annoyed with C-3PO it's hilarious. love the professor line.
    Unintentional is Luke's reaction to 'I am your father.' I don't want to laugh but that acting and buck teeth expression get me every time.

13. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    So I watched the sail barge scene today again, lol Boba fett and Jabba's death.

Boba's death is ridiculously hilarious and Leia choking Jabba, Vader doesn't even strangle people like that.
    Leia's no princess in here.

14. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yes, let's not forget Boba Fett dying like the punk he is. A true moment of anthology, I loved everything, from a blinded Han hitting him, to his scream and the sarlacc devouring the so called "badass" Boba Fett.

15. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    Just about anything Watto says. Also, when Leia gets annoyed with Han and Chewie and says for Han to get the big walking carpet (Chewie) out of her way.

16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    For some reason, I always laugh at the fact that Jabba smokes a hookah with a frogish/toadish thing in it. Jabba's gettin' high AF.

Alot of Peter Mayhew's eye expressions get me too.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't have time to discuss this in a committee!
    I am not a committee!

18. jahyeshua

jahyeshua Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2015
    " Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient Jedi religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress..."

LOL smarting off to Vader and so condescending. I laugh every time.

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    ^^ Reminds me of the Robot Chicken skit, where it turns out they all just humour Vader by pretending to be force choked. How funny would it have been if Vader actually didn't have any power, and while he's spouting off about "the darkside of the force" just annoyance is what leads to the "don't try to frighten us..." line.

jahyeshua likes this.
  20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The funniest scene in AOTC is when Palpatine is accepting the emergency powers ans says: I love democracy. I love the Republic

He sounds so fake, like he's just saying it to make people think he'll give up the powers at the end of the war.

21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Obi-Wan's saber flickering out in ANH. Bad time to run out of batteries.

Cryogenic likes this.
  22. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

She's her father's daughter!

I forgot all about that conference room scene. Classic stuff.

I haven't seen all of Robot Chicken's Star Wars material. Makes me think I kinda should.

Seagoat likes this.
  23. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I like this unintentionally hilarious moment from ESB: Vader shouts "General Veers!" Then turn his head and General Veers is like *right there*, just an inch from his face. I don't know, that just always cracks me up.

24. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005

He veered a little too close.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was watching AOTC with a friend who followed those lines with "...as long as I am running it."