main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Moments of Destiny" (Legacy Era) Concluded 05/17. It's in the blood: The Sword and the Fist

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by THE_PIED_PIPER, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Title: Moments of Destiny
    Author: Kick O'Shannessey
    Timeframe: 137 aby
    Characters: Marasiah Fel, Antares Draco, Roan Fel and others.
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Mr. George Lucas. This is just one fan playing in the sandbox that has always brought her immense joy. :)

</Kick Note:)> This one is part of a series and is the 'prequel' to my other Legacy Era work...In a Different Light, which I posted earlier this summer.

You can find it here if you like.
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=28574575&brd=10477&replies=9

This 'fic focuses heavily on the love story between Marasiah Fel and Antares Draco. I'm not sure how often I'll update but it should be about four or five post in length and will take us up to the point where Marasiah leaves for her illfated trip to Socorro.

This first scene is very dear to my heart as it is intended to mimic the corridor scene between Han and Leia in The Empire Strikes Back. As a child Princess Leia was (and really still is) my favorite Star Wars character...favorite female character for sure. As much as I love her children Anakin and Jaina, no one else ever came close to Leia...until I read Marasiah Fel for the first time. :)

I love the character so much for so many different reasons. :) I had for a long time wanted to write a J/J scene to represent the scene from Empire, but I could never make it work, and now I know why. The scene was meant for Sia and Antares being as though these two wonderful characters have already given us such a beautiful and powerful Han/Leia reminiscent scene in canon. It's their moment. It's their destiny...and I hope you enjoy it.

Dedication: This one is for Connie. I'm so glad to have met you both on and off the boards. :) I have so much respect for you and can only hope and pray that I could be as strong a woman as you are if I ever had need to be. You're "Leia-Strong", Kid...God bless you. [face_peace]

Chapter I: Homecoming

He hadn't seen her in what seemed like a lifetime. If you went by the Coruscanti calendar, it was exactly three weeks shy of two years since he had last seen or spoken directly to her. The memories of their last conversation became all too real to him once again.

The conversation where he had told her that they could never become romantically involved. The conversation that had come after they'd had a mission together followed by a night of dinner and dancing to celebrate their eighteenth and twenty-fourth lifedays which were just days apart. It had been a rare moment of joy and happiness that destiny had given to them.

She had cried then.

He had made her cry.

He'd rejected her and told her the kiss he had given her had been a mistake on his part, a moment of weakness that he should not have allowed to happen. But that?s what heroes and legends did. They experienced the horrors of the worst valleys before they were somehow catapulted to the highest of mountains.

He continued to stand in the open door way to her ship quarters and stare at her. She had always been special to him since she had been a child. Her mere presence enough to illuminate any hopeless situation.

Her strength, fortitude and soothing presence had always given him comfort even when he had thought of her as a little sister and that - he knew - was how he must think of her again.

She was the Imperial High Princess...the Heir to the throne and he was the leader of her father's Imperial Knights. It was the burden of that duty and destiny that would keep them apart. Their duty to the Empire.

He had sworn to give his life for her and he knew that he could and would without hesitation. He also knew that he felt more for her than just what his duty required, even if he wasn't quite sure what it was... maybe he did know, and couldn't admit it, not even to himself.

The Princess continued to busy herself with unpacking

2. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Ohh, a new Legacy fic! [face_hypnotized] I was hoping you'd write another one - especially one centering around Sia and Antares...

I really enjoy how you describe the pair, making them resemble Han and Leia even more than they originally do. It fits them both so well. Due to that (and maybe partly because the ESB scene kept playing non-stop in my head), this first scene was both endearing and heart wrenching. Their barely concealed feelings just don't seem to want to be kept hidden for too long when they're together.

When you add to that the dialogue - thrilling could be a good word to describe it [face_thinking] - it all comes out as a marvelous start for a new story. I'm very excited to see how you take this situation and guide it towards Sia's mission to Socorro. But, there will yet be a... warmer private interaction between our lovely pair, right? Please?! [face_praying] [face_batting]

Any how, you've probably guessed I actually really like this start. And if you start a PM list, would you please add me to it?

3. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Second!

*save place for proper reply*

:D

Cyn

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    :p Bah! Its always the beautiful people that don't care about their looks[face_thinking]

Loved this =D=. Nice way to include Master Vetter. I eagerly await further updates to Legacy's lost years.

Oh, and that wouldn't be a Pellaeon Class Star Destroyer they're on would it? [face_batting]. One can only dream........

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Kick,[:D] I wish I could get my arms around you right this moment. That is about the best compliment I've ever been given and I am so touched. You are an amazing friend and I feel blessed to know you dear. Gotta go get a tissue and you can bet I will have lots more to say in my next post! Love you girl!![:D]

6. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah baby! A Draco/Sia fic! Woot! Awesome job my dear. Simply brilliant! Can't wait to see more!!!!!

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    [face_laugh] I love Sia's temper, think she gets that from the Solo genes? [face_mischief] Brillant Antares, as always!=D= You write these characters so well and nail their personalities. [:D] =D=

Thanks again, Kick! The dedication is just so touching. I can't think of a higher compliment than being compared to Leia Organa Solo.[:D]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great title. =D= Please let me know when this updates again--they really are a great fifth or sixth--or what? generation H/L. :) About your dedication--you strike me as "inspiring" yourself, Piper. [face_love] :) Talented and inspiring. :D

9. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    [face_blush] Thank you Aleria. I really enjoy writing those two.

*nods* I highly recommend that anyone who has not read that scene in TESB novelization do so immediately. There is dialogue that was cut from the movie, that makes it so much more powerful. I'll post it if anyone would like me to. :D

Agreed. And on Vendexa when Antares gives his proclamation to her...it's just....[face_love] [face_love]...perfect! Everything he said was just so powerful, and this 'fic leads up to that moment so we'll be getting a lot from Master Draco's POV. ;)

[face_blush] Thank you, that means a lot to me.

*laughs* They'll be getting some time together, yes. [face_whistling] ;)

Thank you so much for your kind words and reply Aleriam and I'm so happy that you enjoyed it. [:D]

I'll be happy to PM you. :)

o_O Alright, Ms. Beta.

;)

*nods* A lot of times it is. I have a cousin (that when she was young) could blow away most of the actresses in Hollywood, and she is so humble about it...really doesn't think about it other than her obsession over tanning. :p

:eek: [face_blush] Thank you Robimus.

*nods* She'll be getting some page time...and maybe some Antares?! :eek: [face_whistling]

[face_laugh] :p

[face_blush]

*nods* o_O I think it is...you know with the Pellaeon Class being the Emperor's favorite and all...?..;)

Thank you for reading my friend, and the thoughtful reply. :D

[:D] Awe, It was my pleasure Connie. [face_hugs

10. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Chapter II: Star Destroyer Nights

Roan Fel was growing inpatient waiting for his daughter to arrive for dinner. It was unlike Sia to be late. She was normally a very prompt person, as was typical with Imperials, especially the Royal Imperial family. The Emperor was dressed in his blue and purple armor, the long purple cape that adorned it trailing lightly against the floor as he once again shifted in his seat waiting for his daughter to arrive.

His hair had just been cut that afternoon and he was freshly shaven, and despite the last seven years of galaxy shattering and life threatening events, his face was hardly lined and a sense of serenity seemed to pour out of his blue eyes. Finally he turned to Antares who sat to his right. "You did tell her, didn't you?"

The young Master looked up from the holo-flimsi he was reading. "Yes Master, I did." Antares said quickly and quietly as he took another bite of bread and drink of ale. The last thing that he needed was for the Emperor to get a read on his feelings after the argument between himself and Sia, so he quickly changed the subject. "Have you had a chance to look over my final field reports concerning the operation, Sire?"

The war was a good choice for a change of subject. This was one of the few places that Emperor Fel knew to be secure and where he could speak freely of the days ahead. Very few people knew of the operation, which was Roan's first steps to reclaim his rightful throne by retaking Bastion. The planning stages had taken years and they were now in the final days before it would be executed.

"Yes, Antares I have reviewed them and they are in line with the numbers I had in mind for troop counts," he sighed. "We'll need more troops to completely secure the planet, so the other units faithful to us will have to be brought to Bastion...at least in the beginning. That is unfortunate because I wanted to leave them in open space to continue the raids on Krayt?s supply lines."

"I know Your Majesty."

"Yes, well, it's not the worst thing that could happen. And we are still getting some aid from Csilla."

Antares grinned and started another roll of bread. "Does Fehlaaur know that?"

"Please, Antares, I'm not stupid." He was about to say something else when the door slid open and Princess Marasiah entered the room. Both men stood and Antares moved to pull her chair out for her.

She quickly sat, greeted her father and started to fill her plate and glass. It was all Antares could do to keep a neutral expression on his face as he made himself stop looking at her. Even the Emperor seemed slightly taken back by his daughters? appearance.

Marasiah was dressed in a black high necked gown that reached the floor. It's only adornment was a simple gold hook that fastened under her chin. Her hair was in a braid that went the length of her back and she wore a simple golden diadem.

?Welcome aboard Sia,? the Emperor said teasingly as he filled his glass for a second round. ?I hope your journey went well.?

?It did Father. I?ll have my findings of possible friendly additions to you in the morning.?

?Very good, I?m pleased.?

Sia turned her attention to Antares. ?Good evening Master Draco,? she said. It certainly wasn?t unusual for Antares to join the royal family for meals, but now it seemed slightly awkward for her, and she knew it was the same for him. They would need to come to terms with what had changed between them and do it in a way that did not compromise their duty.

?Good evening Princess, you look lovely,? he said.

?Thank you.? She smiled to herself. She had worn the dress with the sole intention of making him sweat a little. ?Father, after dinner maybe you and I could make the rounds and greet the officers and contractors.?

?I don?t think so Sia, the fewer people that know you're on board the better,? the Emperor replied without looking up from the holo-flimsi he was reading.

Sia frowned, she had wanted to get out and meet as many of her father?s military personnel as possible, but she knew he wa

11. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Ha! First.

And I'm off to bed.

Coherent reply in the morning.

Cyn

ON THE EDIT: Have I ever told you that you are truly gifted with these characters, Kick'ika. [face_blush] Because you are. Nobody does this like you.

You've taken all the tiny little hints and shadows that John O. has left in his story and filled them out brillantly.

Every post you send me just gets better and better.

Spelling aside. :p

Well done, dear one. Well done indeed.

[face_love]

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Dang it! I thought I woud be first.[face_laugh] [:D] To my night owl sisters![:D]

Awesome stuff Kick!![:D] After some sleep I will make more sense in my reply.I-)

For now I just want to say :eek: to Antares. You got some esplainin to do mister.[face_shame_on_you]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= Roan continues to amaze me in all kinds of ways. :) ;) Wow!!! I wonder how much Sia heard between Draco and Elke? Hope she heard enough not to get the wrong idea. o_O Cool name for the flagship too. :D

14. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Oh this is so not good....

Excellent job as always! I love these two stubborn people!!!!

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Marasiah relayed as she and Roan walked arm in arm down the softly lit corridors of the Jagged Fel I. The upgraded Pellaeon class star destroyer was her father?s flagship, his pride and joy

=D=

Marasiah was dressed in a black high necked gown that reached the floor. It's only adornment was a simple gold hook that fastened under her chin. Her hair was in a simple braid that went the length of her back and she wore a simple golden diadem.

Beatiful, but I was thinking more of, well dressing her in even less [face_batting]..... When I first read it I thought it said something about only a simple gold hook......yeah, sometimes I get words mixed up:p:-B

?Don?t say anything, this is my moment, not yours.? She joined her feelings to his in the Force. ?I love you, just as you love her. And you love me, just not like that. I know it, and that's okay ?Tares." Elke smiled up sadly at him. "That is the will of the Force. Just please stay here with me for a moment.?

Poor Elke...........

I wonder who was lurking in the shadows?

Great Update, you capture all the characters perfectly.=D=

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    :D [:D]

[face_blush] [face_shhh] Thanks Cyn. I love these characters.

Thats a very high compliment, thank you. [face_blush]

[face_blush] I try. The next one is starting to take play in my mind. So at the rate I'm writing these days you can expect it in about a month. :p

[face_laugh] Yeah.

Thank you Cyn, and thank you for taking the time to beta for me. [:D]

*nods* Yeah, thats me you and Cyn. Sab is a lightweight and goes to bed at like 11:00. ;)

[face_blush]

I look forward to that, Connie. [face_mischief]

Hey, technically he's unattached. :p

But....yeah. :p

Thank you Jade. [:D]

:D Roan is badass! It's unwise to mess with him.

It's. Very. Unwise.

[face_whistling]

Savvy. :cool:

Thank you so much for reading, and the reply Your Grace. [:D]

Yeah, Draco better watch out. [face_mischief] Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned. [face_devil]

*nods* I did to. I thought it sounded Roan-esque.

Yeah, probably better the Emperor doesn't know about the kissey face :* two years prior.

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Wooo, Roan sounds hawt! Nice description, Kick![face_love]
    I really like that they have relations (of some sort) with Csilla.[face_peace]

The princess is looking good too! Very nice...
    Love it! She's channeling Leia now. [face_batting]
    Hmmm, so is Roan putting them together for her protection or maybe because he wants to do a little match making?o_O
    You tell him Sia! Those badassed genes come from very strong women too.
    :eek:The Jagged Fel I!! =D=
    [face_laugh] :p
    I got a bad feeling about this. Noooooo Antares! :_| Don't do it...

18. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    *snirk*

Connie said snog.

:p

Again.

:D

See, Kick'ika. I told you everyone would love it just as much as I do.

[face_love]

Cyn

19. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    *nods* Ro is hawt. When I write him I always picture Dr. Cox from the TV show Scrubs, which is one of my favs. Except unlike Perry Cox Roan has a lot of Force Power. :p

I think it's very possible that they could. ;)

Oh yes, Sia is very beautiful. [face_love] The daughters of Amidala tend to be beautiful. ;)

*big nods* Sia is a lot like Leia. [face_love] [face_love] More so than Jaina, I think.

Protection and training. It's clear that for some reason (unknown in canon) Roan Fel does not support the romantic relationship between Marasiah and Antares. :(

Which makes Jello a very happy man. :p

:D Aye.

:D [face_love]

It sounded like something a father would say. [face_blush]

[face_worried]

[face_mischief] [face_whistling]

Thank you Connie [face_blush]

And about 'snogging'? I love that, but I had never her 'it' called that before. [face_laugh] :p

It sounds British?o_O

Yeah, I know. :p

Thank you my dear. Your encouragement is always appreciated. [:D]

</Quick Kick Note :)> I have started chapter 3, so hopefully it will be ready to go in a week or so. [face_blush]

20. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Please PM me when you update. I actually haven't taken the time to read this story yet, but I know I'm going to want to watch it progress just from glancing at it.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I have to bump this... I just finished reading a delightful moving piece featuring Deliah and Cade and this started me wanting to read more about these characters in a serious fashion.

[:D] [:D] :* :*

22. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Princess, I will be more than happy to PM you. Thank you so much for your interest.[:D]

Thank you so much Your Grace. [:D] I am so glad that you are falling in love with the Legacy characters.

They had me at 'hello'. [face_love] [face_laugh]

</Quick Kick Note :)> Sorry for the recent delays in writing. It's not something that I typically do, but I've had some personal tragedies. I hope to get started on the next chapter of this story as my writing is often a coping device. I love Sia and Antares very much and will come back to them...soon. As always special thanks to my incredible friends and support group that I have here, I love you ladies, and you know who you are. :*

But most of all a special thanks to my husband...my lover...my best friend...my rock and my baby daddy...who is really pushing me to finish this story. :p Hopefully after some R&R in Virginia next week I can do just that. [:D]

Everyone have a fantastic Saturday evening! Good golf, good tennis or whatever makes you happy. :)

Kick

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet Piper, so sorry to hear you had some tragedies ... they do come in bunches :( @};- So glad you have folks in your corner--friends sticking closer than a brother--something money can't ever buy.

Have a great trip to Virginia-- I bet the leaves are already turning a gorgeous red gold [face_laugh]

Loving huggles, Jade eyes

24. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm so sorry I missed this Jade. [face_blush] Thank you so much for the warm wishes Jade, we're doing much better. [:D] And, yes, the autumn was absolutely beautiful here in Tennessee and in Virginia, where my husband likes to spend time. It helped alot. :)

And there is absolutely nothing I would take in exchange for my friends. [face_love] [face_peace]

</Quick Kick Note :)> I'm sorry for the writing delay with this story. However, I think the 'block' of fog that had engulfed my imagination and motivation has now lifted, and I've already started chapter IV. [face_peace] Chapter III will post momentarily...as always special thanks to the beautiful and ultra-talented Canadianjedimama for the awesome beta work. [:D]

25. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Chapter III: She's Gone

What do you mean she?s gone?? Antares Draco asked Olivia - his voice filled with both disbelief and worry. The young man wasn?t known for his diplomacy skills and that was never more evident than in situations that involved Marasiah Fel.

Olivia had served as Sia?s handmaiden for just over two years and sometimes her duties seemed a little more than she could bear. Her parents had been missionaries whom had been killed in front of her eyes when the Sith raided the Imperial mission on Naboo.

The horrific experience had left Olivia with deeply etched emotional scars. The girl was slightly Force sensitive and would become visibly upset when she sensed any tension or felt a lot of uncertainty. That was the reason Sia protected her the way she did.

Antares knew she could feel his frustration and that it was making her nervous. He softened his voice. ?Do you mean she has left ship??

?Apparently, Master Draco. I wasn?t informed that she would be leaving so I don?t have any details for you, I?m sorry.?

?Thank you Olivia,? Antares said in haste and hurried down the corridor. He activated his comlink. ?Ganner??

?I?m here ?Tares go ahead.?

?Lace is not on board,? Draco said using Marasiah?s code name.

?I was just advised.?

?Is Lancer secured?? Antares added as he searched the Force for Roan?s presence and sensed it a few decks above.

?Clear, he?s in the Galaxy.?

Draco caught the lift to the Emperor?s private deck where his conference rooms and other personal quarters were housed and a moment later burst into the main conference room where Roan Fel was meeting with his top military advisors.

As always, Fel was the picture of calm and purpose. Judging by his demeanor no one could have guessed that his only child was unaccounted for. The Emperor placidly discussed tactics and pointed to strategy boards which showed the position of his fleets as they related to Bastion.

It was unwise to disturb the Emperor when he was in one of these ?active? meditations, however, Antares? instincts to protect Marasiah often overrode the good sense that he otherwise possessed.

?You are aware that Princess Marasiah has gone missing, Sire.?

It was a statement rather than a question and Fel could detect the impatience in the young man?s voice. Roan slowly turned around from the control monitors where his attention was fixed, both consciously and through the Force. His voice conveyed none of the emotion of a man concerned for the life of his only child. ?Yes, I?m aware of that Antares. She left sometime in the night without clearance. It certainly isn?t the first time she has done something of this nature; Marasiah sometimes needs time to herself.?

That answer in no way satisfied Antares Draco. Doggedly, he continued. ?Your Majesty, I ask to be granted liberty to search for her.?

Fel gestered with his hand signaling Antares to be quiet. He dismissed the fleet admirals and other aides that were present in the room. When they had cleared he spoke to the young leader of his Imperial Knights. ?Master Draco, with the Bastion liberation in process I need all resources devoted to that. The time and manpower required to find Sia could be substantial. I don?t sense that she is in any danger, and besides, she left of her own accord.?

Draco didn't budge. ?I do sense that she is in danger, Master. I can feel it.?

?Strange that I have not.? The Emperor added - his voice flat. Antares knew that Roan saw right through him. He was reading his thoughts and emotions as plainly as if he saw them on a piece of holo-flimsi.

?When did you see her last?? Antares asked quietly.

Fel sighed... signaling defeat. ?Last night after dinner. We took our usual walk - afterwards she was to stop by the training room to pick something up and then retire for the evening.?

Antares? heart fell. He knew it must have been Sia in the control room the previous night and he knew what she witnessed and what she must be thinking. This was all his fault. It was unthinkable that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.