main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Moments of Destiny" (Legacy Era) Concluded 05/17. It's in the blood: The Sword and the Fist

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by THE_PIED_PIPER, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002

I know I was sidetracked after my accident on the 4-wheeler last autumn
    I didn't know you'd had an accident!! That does not sound good. [:D]

After this Canadian-Piper will return to the boards with another joint project that will post sometime this spring and then I have something planned with both Jagged and Roan Fel set in about 98 aby.
    Make sure to PM when you start posting the canadian_piper story. :) And the same for the Jagged-Roan story.

2. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Quote=canadianjedimama

Sorry I'm late... [face_blush]

[face_shhh]

Sorry but I seriously laughed out loud for like five minutes. Then I showed it to Mr CJM and I kid you not, this was his face --> [face_plain] And he says: That's not funny. He was probably really hungry.

Oh he definately was. Here's the thing with Sean: he's pretty easy going until it comes to food. When he gets hungry he expects the food to be there yesterday.

However, I think one of his co-workers bought lunch.

They can buy his for once. :p

The place is called Twisslers. It's a little mom and pop 50's style deli that we eat at often. I kid you not they have the best icecream treats IN THE WORLD, but they don't have a credit/debit card machine so you have to have cash which is the draw back. I had to stop going in there because I was gaining entirely too much weight. IrishKatarn, of course, does not have that problem. [face_plain] [face_frustrated]

Me: Yes it was! I can just see his face! *

Mr CJM: No, you can see my face cause you did that to me last week.

Me: Well, you did it to me the week before!

Mr CJM: [face_not_talking] Well if you're gonna leave ten bucks in your pocket on laundry day it isn't stealing at all... :p

*ducks* I think I agree with Jeff, Cyn. Anything found in the washing machine is community property.

At least that is the rule 'round here. :p

* And I have only the vaguest idea of what Sean looks like,

*laughs* He knows I sent you the pictures Cyn... it's okay. [:D]

I guess I could post my official 'take that Cade Skywalker' picture... [face_thinking]

[face_thinking]

Meeehhh, why not? O:)

[face_devil]

so I'm picturing Jag Fel, standing in the deli, lookind down at the moths flying up from his wallet, muttering "Dammit woman..." and I start laughing my arse off. Again. [face_plain]

[face_laugh]

Sorry Sean. But it is funny. [face_laugh]

[:D]

He has a good sense of humor... obviously.

Antares and Marasiah spending "quality" time together... =P~ Hawt yet tasteful. :D

Thank you Cyn. It is always imperative to me that I treat the characters that I love and their relationships with the utmost respect.

Absolutely loved Tares here. He knows when Roan finds out, Roan will not only kick his butt and take his name, but quite possibly his email addy and cell number too. [face_thinking]

*nods* 'Tares has a healthy fear of Ro, I think. Not only his boss but his girlfriend's father. [face_worried] That could make for some stress which is probably why he seems to be going overboard in canon. :(

Draco before his profession of love to Marasiah Fel in Legacy 6 was probably a little different than the Draco you see afterwards. Don't get me wrong I think he was probably always really intense and passionate and not very diplomatic :p but I'd say his right and wrong line MAY have been clearer. :p

Then again he put a lightsaber against Calixte's neck seven years prior. :p

After that panel where Roan dressed Ganner and Antares down you just know he took them both to the training hall and cleaned their clocks. [face_devil]

Yeah, Ro is pretty tough and can be merciless, but contrary to what some would have people think he is not a tyrannt. But yeah... I wouldn't want to be on his bad side.

But I'm soooo sure it was worth it.

Yeah, I think Antares is a goner where Sia is concerned. In this story I've tried to give him some depth and show the conflict that I'm sure he has dealt with.

And I totally and completely love your snarky Sinde. [face_love]

Snide is awesome.

PS... Thanks for the PM's dear one, both of them. I needed that. :*

You're welcome. [:D]

And I'm fairly sure you'll like the results. You'll be seeing it soon. [face_love] ;)

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    </Kick Note: :)> Special thanks to Yobi for helping out with the beta for this chapter. Only two more to go after this! :eek: This chapter consist of missing scences taking place in Legacy 2 through 6.

Chapter XI: I love you, Sia.

"A credit for your thoughts?" Marasiah asked softly. It was the best way she could think of to break the awkward silence that had settled between she and Elke. ?I?m beginning to miss Threepio?s chatter.?

Master Vetter looked sideways at her student, ?I love how you can?t stand to not talk for any length of time Sia, it?s so charming.?

Marasiah frowned, ?Are you making fun of me??

?I wouldn't think of it.?

?Yeah right, Elke.?

Elke laughed easily and for the first time since Sia had returned from Tatooine the haunted look left Vetter?s face. ?I didn?t mean to be aloof, Sia. I thought maybe you?d like some time with your thoughts.?

Sia had thought of little else other than Antares since she and Elke had left for Socooro. However, she had tried to keep the nature of her thoughts hidden from Elke as the last thing the Princess would ever want to do was cause her friend pain.

The princess had tried to give her Master privacy, and had volunteered to fly in order to allow Elke silent meditation. However, she knew they couldn?t avoid the ?Antares situation? forever. She wouldn?t allow this to become an issue between them. She reached for Master Vetter?s hand, ?Elke, I just want to say??

Elke stopped her by raising her hand. ?Sia, its fine? it?s what was meant, I suppose. No one has done anything wrong.?

?I know, but you?re my teacher and my friend, and I can?t stand the thought of you hurting.? She paused, ?and I know you have been.?

Elke closed her eyes. She only wished her love for Draco was the reason for her pain. She shook her head, ?That?s not why I?m hurting, Sia.?

Sia?s grip on her hand tightened. ?You have seen something.?

Elke thought about it and decided that Sia should be prepared for what could happen. ?I see Sith and I feel death.? She didn?t go any further, if Sia knew what she had seen, the Princess would cancel the mission. And if their mission was interrupted it could change something that was far more important to Elke Vetter than her own ominous death.

Marasiah pressed the issue, ?Anything more specific?? Elke drew into herself and subdued her feelings.

Vetter?s blue eyes focused on something not yet seen, ?It will be fine Marasiah? I promise.?

The two women once again became silent. The only sounds in the cabin were the monitors that reported on the ship?s systems and the gentle hum of the drives that filtered up from below.

Eventually Elke spoke again. ?He loves you... very much.?

Sia looked from the monitors and once again focused her attention back to the starlines in front of her. ?He hasn?t said that. Not even before we left.?

?It?s difficult for him to say, Sia.? Elke sat motionless and her breathing became shallow. This was the look that she would get when she was having a vision of the future. She opened her eyes and confidently declared, ?But he will say it... soon.?

Sia was less convinced. She didn?t know exactly what Antares felt for her other than his sense of duty. She was grown-up enough to know that what had happened between them before this mission didn?t necessarily mean that he loved her. She took a deep breath. ?Soon?? She asked.

Elke nodded, ?Soon.?

Marasiah bit her lip and Elke could see how frustrated she was. She shook her head, "A year ago you would have driven me crazy until I told you what I just saw. Although you?ve gotten much better, you still must work on developing patience, Sia. It?s a virtue."

The hard earned patience Marasiah had developed escaped her. She snapped back, ?The trip isn?t over yet, Elke, so what did you see?

Master Vetter fell into meditation and images bombarded her mind. There was no mistaking it ? unlike weaker visions that may still be subject to change, the

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Elke -- :( but I suppose she felt her staying behind served a greater purpose and saved Sia's life literally. loved their conversation and like Astraal very much. :) A brave and beautiful soul she appears to have. :D Yay for Draco going to Vendaxa. [face_dancing]

Hmmm [face_thinking] so Sia's reply will be sacred ;) (squee!)

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Beautiful writing, Kick! [:D] The Elke and Sia scene is very well done.=D=

Draco?s voice was flat. ?Vendaxa.?

WooohooO! Go Antares!:cool:

Can't wait for more!=D= [:D]

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Great job, PIPER =D= You tied that in really well and certainly added some weight to the exchange between Antares and Sia in Legacy #7 :D

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    =D=

Elke was wonderful and you even mentioned the great General Jaeger:D

The weight you continue to add to this Draco/Marasiah relationship is excellent.

I do worry about Sia though. A little too willing to kill and threaten, she is. Which is very much a part of her character. Excellent job=D=

8. IrishKatarn

IrishKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2008
    Thanks for the picture sweetheart. [face_plain]

This Happy Bunny alter ego thing of yours has gotten entirely out of hand. [face_plain]

Marasiah bit her lip and Elke could see how frustrated she was. She shook her head, "A year ago you would have driven me crazy until I told you what I just saw. Although you?ve gotten much better, you still must work on developing patience, Sia. It?s a virtue."

Good advice. For some it's harder to obtain than for others.

The Princess looked at the rows upon rows of foot attire that were lined up on the floor and decided the Zeltron had good taste in shoes, if not men.

Ouch, baby.

Draco thought to himself - that would be because it was the mother of all unauthorized missions. He replied, ?It was decided at the last moment.?

Yeah. :p I hope the ground crew doesn't face Roan's wraith over this. o_O

Glad you tied Jaeger in. :D He's pretty smooth himself, you know.

9. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    So yes, that is the picture you sent me... and I'm pretty sure you can see why I only have the vaguest idea of what Sean looks like. Now... [face_thinking] If I ran into him bent over wearing those very nice trousers, then I'd totally recognize him. :p But looking him in the eye... probably would take me a few minutes more. ;)

[face_laugh]

Lovely post here, Kick'ika. You've taken some very heavy and important moments and given some fantastic inbetween material here. :_| :_| Marasiah's grief and guilt over Elke is heartwrenching. Her words to Sia are fantastic.

And Ganner... dearest, sweetest, loyalist Ganner. Antares is lucky to have such a wingman. He better not get my Ganner hurt. [face_plain] [face_devil]

I loved this post. Sorry I wasn't able to help you more. [face_love] [:D]

Cyn

10. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Jade:

Elke -- but I suppose she felt her staying behind served a greater purpose and saved Sia's life literally.

Yes it did.

loved their conversation and like Astraal very much. A brave and beautiful soul she appears to have.

You know what? o_O She reminds me a lot of you.

Yay for Draco going to Vendaxa.

*laughs* Yeah, don?t say that where Ro can hear it. [face_shh!]

Hmmm so Sia's reply will be sacred (squee!)

Squee! [face_love] Thanks for reading, Your Grace. [:D]

Connie:

Beautiful writing, Kick!

[face_love] Thanks Con.

The Elke and Sia scene is very well done.

Thank you.

Draco?s voice was flat. ?Vendaxa.?

WooohooO! Go Antares!
    :D

Can't wait for more!

Thanks Connie, it shouldn?t be too long. [:D]

Wesley:

Great job, PIPER You tied that in really well and certainly added some weight to the exchange between Antares and Sia in Legacy #7
    Thank you Wes. I love the whole Broken arc especially Draco and Sia and have tried to keep that overall mood in this story.

Thanks for reading and the beta. [:D]

Rob:

=D=

Elke was wonderful and you even mentioned the great General Jaeger

Yeah, I think he?s cool. :cool:

The weight you continue to add to this Draco/Marasiah relationship is excellent.

I Love those two together, I love them separately and each on their own merit, of course. But I love the chemistry they have together. Draco?s near out of control intensity contrasted against her steady and snarkness. I hope John has a happy ending planned for them but I?m not overly hopeful.

I do worry about Sia though. A little too willing to kill and threaten, she is. Which is very much a part of her character. Excellent job

Thanks Rob. [face_blush] I see your point. She was quick to go into ?kill? possibilities. However, they were planning to sell her to the Sith which would mean death for her so I think she?s justified if not a little too resolved. ;)

Sean:

Thanks for the picture sweetheart.

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/bunny8.jpg]

I like the view? o_O

Look at it this way, you were compared to the Ass-in-Chaps, do you have any idea how high an honor that is? [face_talk_hand]

Oh, I?ll remove it. :p

This Happy Bunny alter ego thing of yours has gotten entirely out of hand.

o_O

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/bunnywantto.jpg]

:*

Good advice. For some it's harder to obtain than for others.

100% agreed. Sia contains snark and that makes it more difficult, I?m sure.

The Princess looked at the rows upon rows of foot attire that were lined up on the floor and decided the Zeltron had good taste in shoes, if not men.

Ouch, baby.

I love Cade. However, the way he treats Blue sometimes makes me mad. :mad:

Yeah. I hope the ground crew doesn't face Roan's wraith over this.

*laughs* Nah. Ro may be a hard man but I can?t see him killing the ground crew over Draco?s insubordination. That would be unwise.

Glad you tied Jaeger in. He's pretty smooth himself, you know.
    Oh yeah. :cool: He and Roan conquered a planet in like five minutes flat.

Cyn:

So yes, that is the picture you sent me... and I'm pretty sure you can see why I only have the vaguest idea of what Sean looks like. Now... If I ran into him bent over wearing those very nice trousers, then I'd totally recognize

11. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    </Quick Kick Note :)> This chapter is a little longer than what I like to do, but there wasn't any way to divide it without interrupting the pace... sorry. And there is a little tear jerker at the end. :)

Interlude...

Coruscant, 19 BBY.

Remember back to your early teachings. "All who gain power are afraid to lose it." Even the Jedi.

The Jedi use their power for good.

Good is a point of view, Anakin. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power.

The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inward, only about themselves.

And the Jedi don't?

The Jedi are selfless... they only care about others.

Did you ever hear ?The tragedy of Darth Plagueis, the wise??

No.

I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying.

He could actually save people from death?

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

What happened to him?

He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic? he could save others from death, but not himself.

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Jedi.

Chapter XII: He who holds the power: The son of Skywalker

Cade Skywalker's ship the Mynock - enroute from Vendaxa to Bastion.

He sat with her in his arms in a dark corner aboard the dirty ship which rattled its way through hyperspace. Once again she had drifted into a deep sleep that was eerily similar to her earlier unconsciousness. He wondered if that was a side effect of Skywalker?s unorthodox healing power.

But she was alive and that was all that mattered to him.

He continued to stare at her and run his fingers over her face and through her hair. They would reach Bastion soon and her father would come and take her away from him - but until then he could sit and hold her like this.

It had been worse than he had expected. Krayt had sent reinforcements to the Sith warriors that had taken Sia hostage on the jungle planet of Vendaxa. The battle that had followed had been one of the most intense he had ever been in. If not for the Jedi they would have all died.

And if not for Cade Skywalker.

He frowned. Being true to her nature, Sia had placed herself in the path of a deadly attack meant for Skywalker. Antares had felt the lightsaber penetrate her abdomen as if it had been he himself that that been mortally wounded. And when he had found her near death on the battlefield ? he felt her life force dimming as if it had been his own, and he had not known how he would survive it. It was then that Draco had felt something fundamentally change within him as years of pent up rage poured out.

As Marasiah Fel?s life drained out of her a dragon was being born within Antares Draco.

But somehow she had held on? a faint glow in the Force.

And she had whispered his name.

He had managed to get her onboard Skywalker?s ship. Once they had escaped the Sith and were safe in hyperspace, the Jedi had worked tirelessly to save her life - but it had been in vain as he felt her slip further and further away from him and into death?s cold embrace.

And then Cade Skywalker had intervened.

Draco shook his head and vaguely remembered punching Skywalker for no other reason than his sorry ass was alive and she lay there dying in his place. But as she lay in death?s grasp - somewhere in between worlds and fading fast - Cade had insisted he could save her.

And he had.

Antares Draco had seen a lot of things in his young life. He had been many differe

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I really enjoy reading this story :) More please :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stunning wonderful update. :) :) I love Sia more with each word you write about her.

Hugs!!!!

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful update! I love how you ended this chapter.[:D] :)

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I had to LOL @ Cade's wink to Sigel after she'd turned her nose up at him. That's exactly the kind of thing he'd do just to get on her nerves. [face_mischief]

Loved the Syn/Blue banter, too. [face_laugh]

Great job! :D

16. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    o_O So Roan has fond memories of Zeltron's does he? [face_shame_on_you] Bet Han is plenty proud of that.

Loved Cade sassing our girl Sigel. [face_laugh] I can just see her turning up her nose. [face_laugh]

[face_love] Underneath that hard shell, Roan Fel loves his baby girl. [face_love] [face_love]

And you said "****"! :eek: I literally LOL'd.

=D= Great update!

I loved it!

:*Cyn

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Another good post, PIPER :) I enjoyed both Draco and Roan's reaction to Cade here.

18. IrishKatarn

IrishKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2008
    My point exactly.

I trust all is well on the homefront? :*

Sweetheart, vessels with wings are a religion. Like highschool football in Texas.

The tie-in with Anakin Skywalker makes good food for thought. [face_thinking]

Cade has the power he always sought - power over life and death. Where it gets interesting is Wolf's belief that he could be taught to heal without tapping the darkside. I don't think Cade's way of healing could be done without using the darkside, because it does appear to be unnatural and impose his will over the Force.

Is that always a bad thing, I think, is the real question.

Great scene with Draco and Sia - it read like a natural continuation of the scene in Legacy.

Liked Roan here. :) The term 'Imperial uniform' as a description of his personality really works for that character, and it played-out in his reaction upon seeing his daughter.

The whole exchange with Jariah and Blue was really funny, Kick. I always enjoy their scenes in the comics. How many am I behind now? [face_tired]

19. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks Chimpo. There is one more chapter in this ?fic. However, my Legacy work should be an ongoing thing. :) Thanks for reading. :)

I?m quite fond of her myself. Thanks Jade. [:D]

Thanks Con. I thought it fit well with the themes in Legacy as a whole. [:D]
    Thanks for reading. :)

[face_blush] Thanks, Trace. I love Syn/Blue, their both pretty original characters.

And, yes, I can totally see Cade handling Sigel in that manner. He completely disarmed her without saying a word.

It goes back to Jariah?s theory that a woman like that needs a strong man to take her down a notch or two.

Although, I don?t think he meant it in quite that fashion. [face_mischief] :p

Thanks for reading. :)

Heh-heh. Yeah. [face_mischief]

The reference with Ro and the Zeltron was a salute to Han Solo. The first time we see Solo in the Star Wars novelization, (What is now a New Hope) he has an attractive alien parked in his lap in the Mos Eisley cantina. :) The scene is written from Luke?s POV, I think :oops: and has always been one of my favs. I read the OT, a lot. [face_peace]

Yeah ? classic Sigel. [face_love] I just [face_love] her. Her complete blind devotion makes her so incredibly cute.

*nods* I fully believe that he does. However, she is not his first priority. ;) I believe that Roan sees himself as above any real human attachment. Not because he doesn?t want it on some level that we all do, but because he feels that his life does not allow for it. So he?s never really bound to anyone around him ? at least, not that I?ve seen so far.

But more on Ro and why I think he's the way he is in next chapter. [face_mischief]

Will Sia end up like her father? I don?t know. We?ve seen her be very different ? willing to sacrifice her life for Cade and Wolf Sazen. However, we?ve seen her be kinda cool towards Azlyn Rae. Even with Antares (whom she seems fond enough of. ;)) she keeps her emotions in-check.

I thought you'd like the '****'. [:D] Thanks Cyn, and thanks for reading.

Thanks Wes. [face_blush] I always figured they wouldn?t know what to make of him at first, especially Draco who most likely had never met Cade before and would have had no idea what to expect.

Thanks for reading, Wes, and for your time on this. :*

IrishKatarn

My point exactly.

You know you love it. [face_mischief]

Sweetheart, vessels with wings are a religion. Like highschool football in Texas.

Those are my understandings as well.

[

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    </Kick Note :)> First, I want to thank everyone who stuck with this over the last nine months. :) I started planning and writing this 'fic last summer shortly after I finished it's sequel and it's been a long road. There were some unavoidable delays and I appreciate everyone's patience.

A special shout out to canadianjedimama, YodaKenobi and VaderLVR64 for the time they spent betaing this for me - as always I don't know what I would do without them. I've learned so much through the process.

As for me - I will continue my Legacy work though I don't have any firm time tables as to when I will start The Sword of the Empire. A lot depends on the developments in canon. Cyn and I will have another work posted under Canadian-Piper up in the not-so-far-off future, plus I still have my Jag/Roan bunny hoping around in my mind, along with a post Outcast work featuring Jag, Jaina, Tahiri and Dab Hantaq. :)

However, I will spend a great amount of my writing time over in the Saga. Obi-Wan Kenobi still remains as my main Star Wars passion and I've finally mustered the guts to try my hand with him, as I have some Clone Wars vignettes planned with he, Anakin Skywalker and, of course, Ashoka Tano. [face_love] And maybe some drabbles from Obi's POV from each of the six movies... maybe. :p

I spent more time writing this final chapter than I have ever spent on anything else - over a month. I've put a lot of thought into what I'm trying to relay as far as the meaning of Star Wars goes. The story of Star Wars means a lot to me - as I'm sure it does to all who give so much of their life's precious moments on these boards.

These were some of the conclusions that I came up with. [face_peace] To be sure that I wasn't off in left field somewhere I even had IrishKatarn take a look at it after it came back from final beta for a opinion. That is something I've never done before as he is all too happy to stay away from that process. :p

Now, without further ado - as Tone Loc would say... Let's do it. :cool:

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/bouncinghappybunnyani.gif]

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/1989_dancers_dancing_to_a_dj_playin.gif]

[image=http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/kickmcgregor/1982_dancing_banana.gif]

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    "Fully defeated by just anyone, the dark side cannot be, but only by the Chosen One. And who might be this Jedi? Know I do not, but not yet born is he or she. This much, sense I can. A vessel of pure Force the Chosen One will be, more powerful than any Jedi in history."

~Grand Master Yoda, from the Great Holocron

"Want to talk power, Schutta?! Let's talk about mine!"

~Cade Skywalker

"You underestimated Fel."

~Nyna Calixte

Chapter XIII: The Sword and the Fist.

Wolf Sazen found the meditation room relaxing. The walls were painted neutral tones and the high-vaulted ceiling allowed for a sense of openness that was tranquil even to a troubled soul. Sazen turned on the cushioned meditation pad that he comfortably set on.

He gestured with his hand and the heavy quilted curtains rolled away from the south wall which was constructed entirely of glass. The room overlooked the beautiful Pealleon Gardens and for the first time in months the Jedi Master was able to find some peace.

His meditation continued uninterrupted for hours until evening began to descend. He was about to open his eyes when he heard the access panel open and slide shut behind him. He sensed an overtly powerful Force-user had entered the room.

The man, who was neither young nor old, sat down on the cushioned pad directly behind Master Sazen, and Wolf heard him draw his knees up and lock his hands around his ankles. The human fell into a light meditation of his own, but Wolf knew he was waiting for him to speak. He obliged, ?Good evening Emperor Fel.?

When Fel spoke his voice was deep and steady, ?Was the meal satisfactory to your taste? My understanding is that Zabraks and Twi?leks have the same basic diet as humans. But, if not, I?ll have what you and Vao like prepared.?

Master Sazen opened his eyes and turned to face Roan Fel. Wolf decided that though the years may not have been kind to the deposed Emperor the ageing process had - Roan could easily pass for fifteen years younger than his fifty-nine years. The only outward mark time had left were the fine lines at the corners of his eyes that were often the first sign of human aging.

His head was still adorned with a thick mop of black hair that had little gray in it. The white-shock that was the identifier of the Fel Monarch and his Heir prominently displayed in his hairline.

The square planes of his face held high over a perfect square jaw and his eyes still burned with the same ice-blue fire they had when Sazen first met him years ago when he had been a much younger man. Sazen answered the Emperor, ?The food was fine, thank you. But that?s not what you?re here to discuss.?

?You?re probably the only Jedi I ever met that believes in getting to the point, Sazen.?

Wolf noticed that the Emperor was not garbed in the blue and purple formal armor that he often wore. He wasn?t even dressed in his red and gold armor that was similar to what his Imperial Knights wore. His only clothing was a pair of activity pants that one might wear during sparring practice. Fel knew his thoughts and shrugged, ?I thought it best to let some steam go before I deal with Draco ? best for both of us.?

Wolf spoke softly, ?He loves your daughter and he professed it on Vendaxa. He can?t control the passion he has for her or cope with the pain her death would cause him.? The Jedi Master shook his head sadly, ?That can lead to pain? and suffering, for both of them.?

?I know,? Fel whispered, his voice hollow.

Sazen acknowledged, ?Yes, you do. I watched your interaction with Marasiah, Roan. You keep a part of yourself away from her. She senses your pain and it hurts her. But you can?t help it? can you? She is a constant reminder of her mother and it tears at your soul.?

Fel's body language relayed that he wasn't comfortable discussing this area of his past. Sazen knew he had struck a private cord that dwelled within this public man. The Emperor's eyes fixated on the beautiful gardens in front of him. His reply was distant and sounded rehearsed, ?I

22. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    :eek:

Dear one... that was freakin' epic.

Truly.

[face_hypnotized]

I don't have words... but I'll have you know that last bit got me crying.

Beautiful, perfect, moving and true to the stories.

I loves it. [face_love] So much.

You're lucky I didn't beta this for you... you never would have gotten it back. It's almost too perfect to share. But share you did, and I'm glad. :)

[face_love]

Cyn

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was stunning as I would expect. :* :* :* The conversation between Wolf and Roan =D= especially the bit about love and its joys and pains [face_thinking] And Jag's dilemma/choice about taking more power versus not... it's hard to know which choice would have been better and too easy in hindsight to say he should've done differently [face_frustrated] In my own personal opinion, any time even a wise intelligent person takes on too much power one of two things will happen ... they'll get puffed up with it and power crazy and/or somebody cruel and with no compassion or good intent will come and tkae the power away from him and become a harsh oppressor. jag never pretended to be something more or less than he was [face_love] I admire leaders like that very much... @};-

I've enjoyed this immensely!!! Thank you very much for writing it!! you and oldjedinurse have totally spoilt me. :cool:

Bravo and hugs!!!!!
    p.S. Please let me know when you do the Obi viggies and/or drabbles. I love the fact that you finish what you start and anytime an author does that and writes high-quality, they have a fan for life.

[face_dancing]
    [face_love]
    jade

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Incredible ending =D= The Sword of the Empire

I do think Jaina went a little over the top, but it worked well enough.

I absolutly loved Roan and Wolf basically not only debating amongst themselves but about the philosophical differences between the Imperial Knights and Jedi. That was really special.

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Great post, PIPER =D= A tremendous way to end this fic.

Congratulations on completing it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.