main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Moments of Destiny" (Legacy Era) Concluded 05/17. It's in the blood: The Sword and the Fist

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by THE_PIED_PIPER, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow.

Wow.

That was an amazing ending, Kick. Freaking amazing!![:D] =D= =D= I love it!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    There was a LOT going on here and you wrapped it up very nicely! I especially liked the conversation between Roan and Wolf. :cool:

Awesome job and congrats on finishing! =D=

3. IrishKatarn

IrishKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2008
    To be sure that I wasn't off in left field somewhere I even had IrishKatarn take a look at it after it came back from final beta for a opinion. That is something I've never done before as he is all too happy to stay away from that process. :p

It just needed my touch. :)

:p

I can't add anything to what has been posted - this is great writing and shows a deep understanding of the overall story of Star Wars.

Like Robimus said - Roan and Wolf not only debating the past but their philosophical differences was epic and seemed to clarify a lot for both of them, even when they can't reach an agreement.

I hope we see the Jedi take a more active role in Legacy now that they have made an alliance with Fel.

?The alliance with the Sith was made over my rather violent objections, Wolf? you know that! I abhor Sith!? This was just as painful for Roan to say as it was for Wolf Sazen to hear because it represented a catastrophic failure of leadership on his part.

It certainly wasn't his best day, but the failure wasn't Fel's alone. However, the guy at the top tends to get all the credit or all the blame. It's just the nature of command.

Roan looked back at Wolf to see the Jedi Master entranced by his words as if they were the resolution to some complicated puzzle he had long sought the answer to. "Vader brings balance to the Force through us, Sazen? through his children. It's an ongoing process. We are never truly light or dark? good or evil? but always balanced. We are the Legacy of the Force. As long as we exist - we bring the balance even if the balance is not always evident.?

If I didn't say it before I thought this explaination on the Sky-Royalty was well done, and makes perfect sense.=D=

The whole Jaina/Roan duel was surreal. On one hand I can see her doing that - on the other hand it's hard to imagine her that old, at least at this point. :p

Great passing of the sword moment between Jaina and Roan. =D=

Jag searched Roan?s face for any signs of the insanity that had consumed Darth Caedus. Had he found them ? he would have shot his grandson dead, and after what he had done to his grandmother, Roan hadn?t cared.

This stood out to me for some reason. I think it's the lack of emotion in Jag's reaction even though you know he must be reeling.

Congrats on finishing this. =D= I can't wait for the Kenobi-centric material. :D

4. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Cyn

:eek:

Dear one... that was freakin' epic.

Truly.

[face_hypnotized]

[face_blush] Thanks Cyn. [:D]

I don't have words... but I'll have you know that last bit got me crying.

Beautiful, perfect, moving and true to the stories.

I loves it. [face_love] So much.

Very high compliments ? thanks again. [face_blush] :) I always, always, always strive to be true to Star Wars and its characters. :) If I feel incapable of being fair to a character ? I don?t write that character.

You're lucky I didn't beta this for you... you never would have gotten it back. It's almost too perfect to share. But share you did, and I'm glad. :)

[face_love]

Awe, thank you Cyn, and thank you for all the hours you put in on this. [:D]

Your Grace

That was stunning as I would expect. :* :* :* The conversation between Wolf and Roan =D= especially the bit about love and its joys and pains [face_thinking]

*nods* Love is double-edged. ;)

And Jag's dilemma/choice about taking more power versus not... it's hard to know which choice would have been better and too easy in hindsight to say he should've done differently [face_frustrated] In my own personal opinion, any time even a wise intelligent person takes on too much power one of two things will happen ... they'll get puffed up with it and power crazy and/or somebody cruel and with no compassion or good intent will come and tkae the power away from him and become a harsh oppressor. jag never pretended to be something more or less than he was [face_love] I admire leaders like that very much... @};-

*grins* Not too much I can add to that.

I've enjoyed this immensely!!! Thank you very much for writing it!! you and oldjedinurse have totally spoilt me. :cool:

I?m so glad that you enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun writing it, especially the Sia/Antares parts. [face_love]

Bravo and hugs!!!!!

[:D] [:D] [:D]

p.S. Please let me know when you do the Obi viggies and/or drabbles. I love the fact that you finish what you start and anytime an author does that and writes high-quality, they have a fan for life.

[face_dancing]
    [face_love]
    Jade

*laughs* Don?t say that too loud. I still have Fly Well sitting out there unfinished, but, yes, I try to finish what I start. And I?ll definitely give you a heads up on the Obi stuff. [face_love]

Rob

Incredible ending =D= The Sword of the Empire

Thank you, Sir. [face_blush]

I do think Jaina went a little over the top, but it worked well enough.

Over the top? Jaina? Never? :p

I absolutly loved Roan and Wolf basically not only debating amongst themselves but about the philosophical differences between the Imperial Knights and Jedi. That was really special.

Thank you, Robimus, I tried to draw those distinctions and parallels. The Imperial Knights are philosophically different than the Jedi, however, that doesn?t make them dark siders or morally wrong. That is the moral point, I think, that is often loss in a lot of the dialogue about them.

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts Rob. I always enjoy your POV. :)

Wesley

Great post, PIPER =D= A tremendous way to end this fic.

Congratulations on completing it :D

Thank you for the kind words and for the time you spent on this. [:D]

Connie

Wow.

Wow.

That was an amazing ending, Kick. Freaking amazing!![:D] =D= =D= I love it!

I?m glad you liked your story, my dear.

Stay strong. [:D]

Trace

There was a LOT going on here and you wrapped it up ]very nicely! I especially liked the conversation between Roan and Wolf. :cool:

Thank you, Trace. :) That conversation was a collection of thoughts about the franchise that I've mused over for a couple of years now. :)

Awe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.