main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Moments of the week (5/29/08)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    In order to try and inject some life into the corpse that is this board, here is something new. Write up or provide scans of the things you considered awesometastic in your weeks comics.

Heres mine, from Batman 676
    [image=http://i27.tinypic.com/1zq62av.jpg]

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    If only two pages of pure awesome could make up for how terrible the rest of that book was. Credit where it's due: those were the best two pages of any book released this week, and definitely goes down as one of my favorite Joker moments ever. But: the rest of that comic was pure drek.

My own favorite scene this week:
    [image=http://images.wizarduniverse.com/WizardUniverse/secretinvasion/si2commentary/sicommentary217.jpg]
    [image=http://images.wizarduniverse.com/WizardUniverse/secretinvasion/si2commentary/sicommentary218.jpg]
    Technically, from last week. But I didn't get this book until this week, so yeah. I've never read a comic with Mockingbird or Hawkeye. Never been a huge fan of Hawkeye. But I think that whether or not she's a Skrull (or he's a Skrull), whether or not she stays, whether or not the rest of the series falls apart or just plain fails, that one scene delivered. Made me want to know her, and follow where she goes next. So far, she's my biggest hook in Secret Invasion.

3. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I hate all you people.

Thunderbolts

Norman: I AM GOD

4. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Another week another moment

Robin: Wow, chuck dixon fixed everything in one issue.

JSA: Everything, but especially the "Trailer Page" with Black Adam

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I personally liked....

Norman: Note to self: Give naked dictation more often. The ideas seem to flow more freely.

Thunderbolts has been one of my most anticipated comics for some time now, each issue is exciting and delivers a great ongoing story.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I am both eagerly awaiting and dreading the next issue of Thunderbolts, as it's Ellis' last. :(

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Then he gets to mess with the X-Men, so it's all good. And Gage should do okay with the SI issues, and then with any luck Jason Aaron will be taking over.

8. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm going to go with the end of Mighty Avengers this week. With the Sentry more wigged out than normal, it's the Void to the rescue.

9. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Wait.

Sentry actually did something interesting?

Do share.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Long story short: The Void is in charge now. And he doesn't like Skrulls either.

11. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    The Sentry didn't do anything interesting. After SI#2, he went out to the outer solar system, curled up into a little ball, and cried like a little girl. But while he was doing that, the Void did the opposite of what he was doing - protected the person that Robert Reynolds cared most about. The last scene has the Void holding Lindy tenderly, telling her he'll take care of her.

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I'm looking foreward to seeing the void kick some ass.

13. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Batman: The whole bloody issue

Final Crisis: "There was a war in Heaven. I won."

Green Lantern: Kilowag putting the smack down on Hal.

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    X-Force: The return of Archangel.

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I've kinda fallen off of Uncanny and X-Men: Legacy during DWS, but X-Force has been really great IMO. Archangel's return was pretty cool indeed.

16. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I haven't yet caught up with my weekend reading, just yet, but from what I HAVE read...

"The Man With No Name" Issue 1: Heck... The ENTIRE thing is a highlight reel. [face_laugh]

"JSA" Issue 16: The fight sequence with Gog. Brutality!

17. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Well I was satisfied discovering what really happens to Kitty Pryde. While I am not exactly happy about it, the way it goes down makes sense to me and its something I can live with. What a way to go out.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Giant-Size AXM really didn't really need to be Giant-Sized IMO. The whole bit with Spider-Man, the FF, the Avengers, and the rest of the non-Astonishing X-Men really didn't fit and were in no way necessary. They were there just so they could be disabled, so that only Kitty can save the day. Cut them out and the story stays the same. Although the banter between Spider-Man and Storm was great. "Spider-Man is trying to wake up Dr. Strange. At least I think that's why he's hitting him." [face_laugh]

19. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Indeed, it was entirely unnecesary really. But I am grateful for it because it convinced me how great it would be to have Whedon and Cassedy on a Spider-Man line.

20. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Yes, I can't wait for the "Adventures of Spider-Man and little skinny girl who surprisingly can kick ass and save the day when all else fails"

21. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Bendis already has that covered. :p

22. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    No thats "I have such a huge crush on Spider-Woman let me put her in everything even though I have yet to make her a interesting or even decent character"

23. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Come on Soontir she's a double-triple-double agent! She's awesome! [face_whistling]

24. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    She's a New Avenger! with giant breasts. No, she's a Hydra agent! With Giant breasts. No, she works for Fury! With giant breasts. No, she's the Skrull Queen! With giant breasts. No, shes a hooker! With giant breasts.

25. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Bendis writes for more than just the Avengers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.