main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I have no real attachment to the idea the "lore" is being changed because Chris Carter admitted he made up the answer for the first movie. It was never there like JMS' Babylon Five.

There was no story Bible.

It was also a stupid answer.

Jedi Ben and vncredleader like this.
  2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That's why I dumped the series around Season Five when it became clear that it wasn't going anywhere. It doesn't necessarily have to have a whole backstory created before the series begins, but at least try to build on what you made before...

Vthuil likes this.
  3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    X-Files season 10 is worth it for the Were-Man episode alone. One of the best episodes of the entire series, let alone this season.

Founder's Mutation and Home Again are decent monster of the week episode. On par for the average MOTW of the original series.

My Struggle I also thought was decent, even though a lot of people complained how hamfisted it was. Its whole approach to the mytharc is definitely a change, but not really any bigger than the various revisions that happened throughout the original series.

Babylon has the magic mushroom scene which was very amusing, but is a really ugly episode mixed with a completely trite message.

My Struggle II was just terrible. If the show had not been picked up again after it (which was far from a given when it was made) it would have gone down as the worst finale in history, even beyond Dexter.

Really, the fact that Carter named two episodes after Mein Kampf, made Alex Jones a hero who trumps Mulder, and all of Babylon alone tells you what kind of guy he is and what kind of message the next season is going to have.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

American Dalek at my local July 4 parade. There was actually someone in there controlling it, the head would turn to look at people who approached, and it would talk to people in the Dalek voice. Having a conversation with a Dalek about July 4 was a very unique Independence Day experience.

6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I assume he went LIB-ER-ATE! LIB-ER-ATE!

Gamiel Wow, that is some impressive slicing and splicing. My hats off to the maker.

Gamiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This is pretty neat. And probably relevant to the interests of at least a small handful of you.

(Hm. I suppose you can't really have a "small handful" of people, can you? Or any kind of handful, unless you're a giant.)

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Since we are a Semi Frozen Fan Forum anyway

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I briefly thought that was Chris Evans, from the still, and was very confused.

Gorefiend likes this.
  12. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    The summer event ship in Star Trek Online is basically my headcanon design for the MC90.

13. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    STO is still alive?

14. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    And thriving. They picked up a bunch more of the actors, resolved some of the old issues with CBS, and even did console ports.

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  16. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    For fellow Elder Scrolls fans - the Skyrim mod, Beyond Skyrim: Bruma has finally been released! :D

... a week ago. [face_blush] I hadn't been paying attention as I should have been ...

Anyway - a trailer, and links to more information:

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I like the dude at 2:14. He's got a bear jaw as his axe head. Groovy.

Vthuil likes this.
  18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Verdict: KOTOR still holds up. Finished my first replay in like a decade last night. It's still an outstanding game (and still looks pretty good). It just feels so . . . Star Warsy. I can still remember the sense of wonder playing it the first time evoked.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Only for "Oldrim," though, not Skyrim Special Edition. They're still bugfixing the initial release before they port it, so while I've been following this project I still have to wait on it.

That said, because I care about the important things, I've downloaded the mod and personally ported the Cyrodilic weapons, armor, and clothing from this mod into the Special Edition so that I can at least traipse around Skyrim looking like a civilized person. I use Imperial armor normally, but it gets old using the same set the whole game -- so now I finally have variety!

20. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    *nods* Apologies for not clarifying that. I'm glad you're able to use the Cyrodiilic gear in the SE. :D

My PC is undoubtedly unable to handle the load, but tbh, I'm happy with the Xbox 360 version. Game consoles are expensive ... =((

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm finally getting around to playing Witcher 3 and every Nilfgaardian seems to talk and behave just like Jello.

23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Especially this guy :p
    [​IMG]

blackmyron, Jedi Ben and Kylun like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's strange, given the amount of them that have been done, there hasn't been a HD remaster re-release for XB1 / PS4 of this - it'd probably sell well.

(Yeah, it was an XB exclusive first time around, but those can be killed by the Money Star.)

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How so? I have Witcher 3 but I couldn't play for more than an hour because I didn't like that the main character was some hobo.