main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I gave up on Arrow years ago, and only have a vague sense of where it's at from following the other DC shows - so is it true that the last season was actually a notable improvement?

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I wish I had that strength. Arrow was the first show I watched week to week. I have skipped around a bit but I still have to much bested interest. It is a very abusive relationship

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm just excited for the Black Canary

King of Alsakan likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    "Abusive relationship" ? Hyperbole much, bro?

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Absolutely. In my opinion, Season 5 was so far ahead of Season 4 and even Season 3 that it was almost whiplash-inducing. It might not have been the quality of the first seasons, but it was very nearly there, at least. And many consider the villain to be the best villain since Slade Wilson–others say he's the best villain on the show, and I am considering making that judgment myself. If you liked the first two seasons at all, I'd recommend watching S5. The early 4-5 episodes are average, but the rest of the season is stand-out good.

6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    So Dunkerque is spelled Dunkirk in English? You learn something new every day.

MercenaryAce and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I can't wait for it. It's such a good figure.

It's fantastic. I want to get that deluxe figure set so badly. Badly enough to consider Ebay....

King of Alsakan and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    It definitely was better than season 3 or 4 in my opinion. The villain was pretty good. It is still my least favorite of the DC CW shows, only because I am not the biggest fan of making the Green Arrow so Batman-like. Rather have the fun, goatee, version of the character.

On a somewhat related note, I got to go to a convention recently where Amell and more than a few other DC and Marvel TV stars were there. Unfortunately Supergirl cancelled last minute. Everyone was very nice, ended up getting an auto from Amell, Caity Lotz "White Canary", as well as David Mazouz "Bruce Wayne" and Sean Pertwee "Alfred". Gotham is a pretty crazy show, but I got to say the actors were super nice and talkative to everyone in line. I had a commission made up they all signed that is based on the Justice League easter egg on the Central City PD emblem:

[​IMG]

9. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    What's the Captain Cold news?

I adore Arrow and take the good with the bad. That cast gels so well I don't care what they're doing on screen as long as they're interacting I'm entertained. The new cast made the show even better.

Also Stephen Amell is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    During the LoT panel yesterday they said he would return for a few episodes in season 3.

11. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Excellent. I miss Wentworth Miller on the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Jello - as a longtime eBay buyer (and occasional seller), I can assure you, your insight serves you well.

Wait, watch, and don't take the first price you see. I've found surprisingly good deals on Transformers on eBay, but it can also definitely be nightmare fuel for your wallet if you're not careful.

The Buy it Now option may seem more expensive in the short term, but you avoid the risk of getting ensnarled in a bidding war. The temptation to one-up the person who just outbid you by 50 cents can be the first step down the dark path ... [face_worried] to spending too much. :_|

vncredleader and Kylun like this.
  13. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    The made and are releasing a new Jaina Solo action figure?

If so, that's pretty interesting.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    She won the Fans Choice Poll last year.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 and Contessa like this.
  15. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    This is painful.
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, it's a spoof paper to show up predatory "science" journals. Still painful, if only because midichlorians are really not something I like to be reminded of.)

16. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    *shake head*
    they have gone too far.

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm in tears. [face_rofl]

Random Comments, Daneira and cthugha like this.
  18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That looks great!!! As for Arrow yeah though the sad thing is the more they try to make him not Batman the more he just becomes Batman. Like season 5 was just the Outsiders. Season 1 and 2 had too much Batman stuff but I liked some of the political elements more there. Like Ollie was actually stealing from criminals and giving the money to charity and what not. Felt more like the liberal crusader he is meant to be

King of Alsakan likes this.
  19. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it would be cool, as they start exploring the multiverse more in these shows, that they stumble upon a version of the Green Arrow that is closer to the comics or cartoons. Don't know if you have played the Injustice 2 at all, but I thought they did a very good job at portraying the Green Arrow and the Black Canary. Its not like it was a ton of content in the story mode, but it was still fun. K-2SO himself, Alan Tudyk, voiced him in both games.

Mia Mesharad and vncredleader like this.
  20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    cthugha likes this.
  21. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Meanwhile, on Twitter, William Shatner goes to war against the Star Wars authors... Here's something he posted:
    [​IMG]

It's hard to summarize, because the story is spread on so many Twitter feeds and because Shatner blocked Wendig, but it escalated real quick and nasty. Shatner wants to complain to Disney and LFL because Star Wars authors supposedly band together to harass him.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The guy who played Jayne on Firefly also joined in on Shatner's side.

One of the weirdest things I've seen in a while.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1, Kylun and LelalMekha like this.
  23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I looked at @WilliamShatner twitter
    Some tweets were deleted (not Shatner's tweet, the ones he "argued" with.)
    So far I see someone took umbrage against being called SJW? Or was that something else?
    But anyway, so far the screenshot above only shows that William Shatner is the victim...
    It's not the whole picture, but still.

Edit: Looking at the screenshot above, only Chuck Wendig is known to me. The other three I had no idea were SW authors.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Whether it's a Starwars cup or a Star Trek cup it doesn't matter. It's still a storm in a T-cup

Jedi Ben and DARTH_MU like this.
  25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I think people are just too sensitive.
    It's like Tyrion from GOT says, own it. If you fight for Social Justice, then if someone calls you SJW, what's the big deal. What they said is true.