main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A bit old but still funny

[​IMG]

Tagging Lugija since he likea GoT

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005

Thunder = "Uli"
    Thundercats = "Ulicus"

Sorted. [face_peace]

God, that intro is so much better than the show itself. I was surprised by how rubbish it was when I went back to watch it as an adult. It didn't hold up at all. Also Lion-O is so raging an imperialist that it made me uncomfortable, and I'm English.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    uli i didnt like your retirement post bc i enjoyed watching you suffer but here's a @};- instead

@};-

ma_petite likes this.
  4. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    die in a fire

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Now now, don't be rude. You should at least say please.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I didn't base the Fleet Junkie logo and battle cry on it for no reason. :D

The show didn't age fantastically, but it's not that bad. Getting past that early Robear Berbils hump is key. It does have some fun characters and episodes, still. And it's still a neat mix of Star Wars, superheroes and 80's fantasy concepts.

Despite some changes and a decidedly more anime tone, I actually really enjoyed the reboot from a few years ago and was very disappointed it only got one season.

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    The TC reboot was okay, but nowhere near as good as the 2002 MotU reboot IMO.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There was that small, glorious window of animation about 5-6 years ago where you had new ThunderCats, Transformers, GI Joe & Voltron series on the air at about the same time (although, granted, the GIJ & Voltron shows weren't that good), in addition to Clone Wars, Tron Uprising, Young Justice and Avengers EMH. The only thing missing was a MOTU series.

I don't think we'll ever see the likes of such grandness again. Like a planetary alignment during a solar eclipse.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You both have earnt this:

Gamiel likes this.
  10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    cthugha, MercenaryAce and Gamiel like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey folks -- if ordering from a Hong Kong site was a little sketch for you, Jaina Solo is now available for preorder at Entertainment Earth. Big Bad Toys too, but she sold out there.

Keep an eye out for other retailers too.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSC3737

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Okay, as a proud Northern Californian (more commonly known as a "real Californian", unlike our cousins in the urban wasteland and desert that is the greater Los Angeles area), I gotta admit, the Pacific Northwest is awesome. I've only spent time in Seattle before (which I love and will be arriving to later today), but Oregon is beautiful. Portland, as far as I am concerned, is the defacto capital of the region. The food, the drinks, the culture, the architecture- love it. Portland has a reputation as a foodie city and it doesn't disappoint. My meal last night with friends consisted of salmon on cedar planks, streak frittes, fingerling potatoes cooked in duck fat, and a red cabbage & radicchio salad with a vinegrette and lardon.

Needless to say, it will be a struggle to maintain my current pant size at this rate! :_|

If you're into craft cocktails, this city is for you. Classics like a Manhattan, Old Fashioned, Sazarac, or Vieux Carre, but with really cool and inventive twists.

Ok, sorry for this out of character post. Um, lets see. Ackbar, democracy, and fleets, so awesome, right? :p

--Adm. Nick

patchworkz7, Senpezeco and Gamiel like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    How dare you! Real California my foot. Northern California is a fantasy land. Except not really because SoCal has Disneyland. So there, hah!

Good cocktail list though. I always enjoy twists on those classics.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yup, it's a fantasy land because without all of our precious Northern Californian water, that entire area would be a wasteland like Jakku. :p

Jay, you'd love the drinks I had last night. The Sazerac was particularly good. The simple syrup was made with hibiscus flower, such a nice taste that enhanced this classic. I also had a delicious Manhattan called a "Civil War", which used Bull Run bourbon and had a splash of Cynar in it. I actually wasn't familiar with Cynar, it is a bitter Italian liqueur primarily made from artichokes. Added a nice taste to the drink!

--Adm. Nick

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ha, I'm familiar with Cynar if only by name because I once wrote a mock epic poem in dactylic hexameter about artichoke, and called it the "Cynarad."

... :p

Anyway, that's interesting. Probably would've preferred the Manhattan -- I'm not a big fan of hibiscus flavors but maybe it'd be different in a cocktail where it's purpose was to cut bitter flavors. Hmm.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

16. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Portland is a fun place. Strange, but fun. Portlandia - the tv show - is very accurate, I think.

17. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And people compain that Yoda did nothing of worth before training Luke

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

Shame it's King Faisal of Saudi Arabia instead of King Faisal of Iraq, bc the latter was played by Alec Guinness :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    This looks interesting

21. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    The new stellaris DLC is fun. I'm the Borg.

22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Yeah, and I just found out the Cybrex ain't dead in Stellaris. ;)

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...you mean like metaphorically, or is there actually an event that brings them back? Because that would be really cool.

24. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    No, they're literally still alive.

Vthuil and Karl0413 like this.
  25. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

If the Contingency crisis endures for a set period of time the Cybrex come out of hiding with their forces aiding the player character.

Vthuil likes this.