main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Look, I want a strong, united Seven Kingdoms . . . I just don't see why we have to be part of it. The Winter Kings ruled these lands just find before the Targaryens arrived and now we can spent our time and taxes on more important things. Like preparing for Winter, and squabbling with our neighbours to the north.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, they tried that already. [face_whistling]

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Now I want some pizza.

5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Nope, no beta codes with Paradox most of the time. :)

6. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The EU was never going to reform. The bureaucrats have made it quite clear that they don't care what anybody thinks and they're not going to let anything stop their mission of "ever-closer union" (read: ever less democracy). Cameron tried to get reforms out of them, with this, the best leverage anyone was ever going to have, hanging over them, and he got peanuts and the promise that they'd never concede anything more. Remember when the EU constitution was defeated by popular referendum in multiple countries, and the Eurocrats were so furious that the idiot people and their stupid democracy had gotten in the way that they just put everything in the Treaty of Lisbon and signed that so they could do an end run around the stupid democratic process and the stupid people's stupid refusal to just let the elite do what they know is best? Reform is a joke.

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Kentucky Route Zero was an amazing journey (through the three of the five acts, at any rate) - a blend of the desolate recession-era South at night, classic American plays, and the early history of adventure games. I'd say it's one of the top literary experiences of my lifetime.

9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    By the way, why is Cersei Lannister cosplaying as Mon Mothma these days? (The following picture is completely spoiler-free)

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Or is Mon cosplaying as Cersei? :eek:

11. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

[​IMG]

WINTER IS COMING!*

* If you have doubts consult your local Jello Temperature Gauge.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So, I'm very intrigued with our the new Stellaris Update changed federations. I'm loving almost everything, though I do find it interesting how easy it is to leave a federation/force members out. I've been dealing with the galactic version of "Brexit" regularly. :p If I choose to vote down a war, a member may choose to leave. If I add a vassal or protectorate, a member may choose to leave. If I liberate a species and the members decide they don't like them, they may choose to leave.

Personally, I'd like federations to be a bit more binding. At the end of the day, they really don't act all that different from alliances. For me personally, a more united style of gameplay for federations would be desirable. In my mind, if four powers choose to form a federation, it should be a MUCH bigger deal and portray much more unity. That may make the formation of federations in-game less likely, but it would be far more realistic, IMO.

--Adm. Nick

Karl0413 and Gorefiend like this.
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Lalalalala Game of Thrones spoilers. Or not, I don't know, when my GOT-sense tingles I do a Madagascar and shut down everything.

In a year-late GOT commentary: STAANNIIISS! I think everybody who follows knows what I'm talking about. Good thing Mace Tyrell, the master negotiator, exists, he could solve this mess if he just had a chance.

14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Zero spoiler from me, my friend. Unless Cersei's sartorial preferences count as one.

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh man, I could spend like a freaking hour ranting about how shabbily the show handled Stannis. But I'm in a non-angry mood right now, so the only part of that I'll actually focus on is this.

Edit: Okay, I'll admit the monologue about how Stannis has killed every character you've started rooting for was funny.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]from http://lord-phillock.deviantart.com/

Karl0413 likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You're killing me here.

Er. No pun intended.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

She occasionally operates under House Targetaryen.

19. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  20. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Everybody I like keeps dying. At least it's not Stannis this time.

21. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Are you on last season? Man, there's a bunch more deaths this season.

CooperTFN likes this.
  22. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    GoT in two sentences right there.

23. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    There were a bunch more deaths right in the next episode! And so many cliffhangers that they form a chain down the cliff to the ground. But now I wish that I had named my last post "Stannis is right" just for the delicious irony.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah, when you complained that everytime you said "character x is right, then they died" I was thinking just wait for it regarding Stannis.

Lugija likes this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed. You could even say "Lugija is Right!" :p

Side note: the name of the blog is interesting, because I hadn't really realized at first how the show made Renly into a nicer character until some of the blogs I followed started pointing out all the ways book Renly was a jerk.

Also, Game of Thrown references in the House of Lords:
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/30/ukip-...-as-hostages-in-brussels-discussions-5975655/
    .....well not really but sometimes one needs to find some humor in situations like this.

Barriss_Coffee and Lugija like this.