main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I want this too. Cooper, when you go to LFL you should tell them to do this.

Kylun and Ulicus like this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Sure thing, but I don't think the social media team has much say in that.

starfish and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Grr. My biggest threat is my own council wanting more power, then rebelling when I tell them no.

My old Court physician didn't use the proper anesthetic so I was driven to lunacy. Thus when I attempted to recruit a new doctor, I had to turn down the offer of Horse M.D. whom my lunatic king thought was a good idea.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I don't know how this happened but it's really, really irritating me. [CK2]

I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That being said, prior to this point I'd been enjoying that Christians and Muslims were getting married despite the game rules. It led to some much more interesting scenarios in the Levant (I began as Guy of Lusignan, having finally grown bored of Baldwin III starts) . . . like when the King of Georgia married Saladin's niece and helped them try to take back Damascus.

Helped them try. [face_devil]

Point Given and Karl0413 like this.
  5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Good point. :p

Anyway, new Stellaris race portrait being added in next patch:

[​IMG]

The Geico Star Empire: where 15 years of enslavement can save you 15% or more on mine and farm construction.

And the revamped space battles for the next patch look amazing:

[​IMG]

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    So work has been strange…. I actually had to place a phone call that will likely cause a brothel in Austria to get closed despite me just working for the city of Coventry.
    European interdependency for the max! :p

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I love the new CK2 gene rules feature, and how the game runs so smoothly now. Major quality of life improvement. Sadly the late game is still bizarre so it mates the late Byzantine hats less fun, despite being the best set yet. Oh well -- will wait for HIP to update before I try another long game.

That Stellaris gecko is hilarious. Sadly nobody is as fun as humans, though.

Finally, I am *really* impatient for Dishonored 2.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Point Given , Ulicus and Gorefiend like this.
  8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    In the year 2916...

I not so patiently wait to become federation president. I can only integrate vassals and rearrange my sectors in the meantime. :p

It does give me time to indulge my inner Fleet Junkie, at least on the design side. I've designed a new class of cruisers that are only armed with flak guns, point defense guns, and those auto cannons. My idea is that they will be useful in protecting my Home Fleet, knocking down fighters and missiles. Alas, I cannot test them in battle for like another 50 years until the rotating presidency returns to the United Terran Republic...

--Adm. Nick

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Do you even have anything to fight? :p

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm sorta wondering why he doesn't just start up another game.

Karl0413 and CooperTFN like this.
  11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, the Keerim Hegemony is the second largest power in the Galaxy. More technologically advanced, but my fleet size and naval capacity are superior to them. The Lyrite Order is the third largest, we've got good relations, but they are allied with the Keerim. The Keerim are expansionist, theocratic, imperialists and I'd love to fight them... but I can't bring myself to fighting the Lyrite. Hundred of my citizens are Lyrite!

To win the game I need to own 140 habitable planets in the Galaxy. I've got like 93 currently, so I'm 2/3rds of the way there. There is a whole bunch of minor powers between the Keerim and Lyrites that are a balkanized mess, my goal is to expand around the core through them and get the remaining systems I need. These powers are mostly hegemonic or despotic, so I have ZERO issue liberating their peoples.

My current fleet size is 1400, but I'm still in the positive. As The2ndQuest said, Phil from accounting has done wonders for the United Terran Republic and it's Galactic Union of Planets. :D

But yeah, I spend a lot of time just letting the game run while I do other things, just to get to my time as president. :p

--Adm. Nick

12. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Hey, she's in the book too!

:)

Gamiel likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Nonsense, I want to see how bored he has to get before declaring himself Emperor.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    It's going a lot better this go around. I'm introducing anachronistic and disregional names that would make Jello cringe, but so far middle lower England is growing. I started with a strong lord with an heir, James and 4 daughters, shortly followed by another son. But then the plagues started to hit, and the wife, 2 daughters, and young son died to consumption. New wife came along, and James married a princess of Africa, who was both attractive and homosexual. Still didn't stop the birth of 2 sons and 2 daughters. Both sons died early on though, and the heir was dull as a post and shy, so when my original lord became infirm and then died, the council seized some power- to declare war and revoke titles. Then came the time of the rough succession. Both sons of James died from disease, leaving me princesses Willa and Cortana. And when James died, the realm split between the two and both were left in regencies. But then about 6 months later, Willa died and Cortana re inherited the rest of the land. But Cortana was cunning, and despite a shifty spymaster as her regent, she learned from the courtiers that had advised her father, and she grew to be a plotter herself. Once she hit age 16, she made her moves. the spymaster was booted from the council, replaced by someone much better at the job. A female friend declared that she was a much better choice for chancellor than the guy who was in the seat, so Cortana supported her and appointed her, a brilliant move as the new chancellor had 22 points of diplomacy. And with France split into thirds, I managed to arrange a matralineal marriage with a prince who has strong claims to East, West, and Middle Frankia. She managed to improve her intrigue as well, and took up falconry, so is known as Cortana the Spider. Slowly, between falsified claims, and creating duchies to press other claims, she has expanded the realm to include a number of other counties, and technological development has begun to happen. Right now her big decisions are waiting for a peace treaty to expire in a few years to claim Wessex, and building up enough money to either pay back the Jewish lenders her grandfather took a loan from, or wait longer and build a university to start spreading the tech in my capital into the other regions. Every so often she drives off viking raiders, and one attempt by the tribal leaders in Bavaria to invade (?) saw all of the other counties and petty kingdoms of England, plus the Picts and Irish pledge their support, and within a month the war ended decisively. Now to start up again and see where to go from here. It's 831AD.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes Cortana is just slightly anachronistic a name :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Welcome.

This is my most recent dynasty after 185 years of game time.

[​IMG]

I recommend making the game super deadly. The black death is so much more fun when it keeps coming back for another victory lap across the map.

17. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Maybe if I spelled it with a u instead...

Cortana finally died at the age of 51, which has made a real mess of things. I made two mistakes which I wish I could undo, but Ironman mode :(
    First, I raised a retinue then accidentally disbanded it, wasting a ton of gold.
    Second, I created a kingdom of Gwheead or something Welsh sounding, which was fine. Then I created the Kingdom of England, and could not uncreate or merge the two, so when Cortana died, the realm split between her two sons, and then some duchies split off as well. Gavelkind sucession sucks.
    So now I need to build up my military, reclaim some of the little duchies, and then fight my brother to reclaim the title of England if I want to merge my realm back together.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, de jure title drift takes 100 years unless you set it as smaller in the game rules. So the kingdoms won't merge until your gavelkinded to ruination. Switch away from gavelkind asap.

Uli -- that's guy is rather faceless.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Hail to the king.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Kingdom of Heaven, right?

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am pretty sure it is indeed Kingdom of Heaven, that death mask is extremely distinctive.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    better than the actual movie

cthugha and The2ndQuest like this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    IRRC, there were some plans for Saladin's daughter to marry a relative of Richard (maybe even Richard himself? I can't remember) so even if that didn't work out it shows the idea isn't utterly unthinkable. Frankly, I would be surprised if their weren't some cross faith marriages in Spain and the Crusader States - from what I know of them, these societies were more integrated than people tend to think.