main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mon Mothma question

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sologirl, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Okay, how old was this chick in ROTJ and is she much older than Han? Do I even have her name spelled right?? :D

Obviously I need this for my fic......

Also - does anyone know what planet she is from??

Thanks!!

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    She's the senator from Chandrila.

I believe she'll be around 20 in Ep. III, so she's a bit older than Han.

3. Sologirl

Feb 16, 2004
    Well - How old would she have been in ROTJ?

If Han was 28 in A New Hope, how old was MM?

I think we are probably talking about 10 years, right?

Thanks!

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    If Han was 28 then she's around twelve years older, given the 20 year span between Ep. 3 and Ep. 4.

TFN does have a timeline somewhere that oughtta be able to help you. I checked with the official site and it doesn't give any age for Mon Mothma.

However, in the ROTJ novelization (or elsewhere) I remember reading that Mon Mothma was the youngest senator ever elected until Leia was elected (at age 18 I believe) so that would suggest that Mothma was at least 19 when elected and probably in her very early twenties during Ep. 3.

5. quara

quara Jedi Master star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    Found this in the timetales:

(BBY is before battle of yavin

-48 BBY
    Mon Mothma is born on Chandrilla.

Han Solo is born on Corellia.

So that makes mon mothma 19 years older than Han, and 48+4 52 in ROTJ...and 28ish in ep3

Keep in mind tho that the dates aren't cannon, and will probably change due to ep 3 (they may make her younger than this)

6. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Obviously I wouldn't call a Senator "chick" ... [face_plain]

7. Sologirl

Feb 16, 2004
    Yes, 'chick' is just a silly figure of speech I sometimes use, just to make light of the situation. Perhaps you are in politics yourself and I certainly did not mean to demote her standing as a woman or a senator.

However, we are talking about a fictional character here, right?

I just wanted to be sure.... :confused:

Anyway - thanks so much for all of your answers. I thought that she was a good bit older than Han, and I am thinking of adding her to my story. Not a lot of Mon Mothma stories out there, eh?

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Solo was 29 at Yavin and 54 at Vector Prime; NEGTC.

Mothma's age was never listed in that guide, but she died peacefully in her sleep just before VP. She still has a daughter. There's a Clone Wars comic, Republic 61: Dead Ends, that has a young Bail Organa and Mothma in it. She'd be in her 20s.

9. JadeDjo

JadeDjo Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    I didn't know MM had a daugher. Wow, I didn't know she had a guy. ;) Where did you get this from, just out of curiosity.

10. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    That's news to me, too. I'm going to have to see if I can find the comic book, also.

11. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    As my post says---NEGTC---New Essential Guide to Charcaters, her entry.

It also says her daughter, Leida.

By the way, if I posted that first paragraph a month ago, how come I could still edit this message? Interesting . . .

12. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
  13. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I actually had Mon Mothma appear in a cameo in the novel that I have working on for the past two years. I just described her by what she looked like in ROTJ, because the story takes place at the same time as the events of Shadows of the Empire, a full five months (6 months by earth standards) before the armada massing near Sullust. Sometimes, depending on the time period you are writing on, you can get away with describing her without actually giving her age. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.