main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Moncton City Rep ...

Discussion in 'Archive: Moncton, NB' started by DarthBabe, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    OK, now we just have to vote on a City Rep. This person will be responsible for organizing meetings and such, as well as be a representitive to the rest of the JC and FF for all of Moncton. This person also has to be responsible and hard working and must also be able to provide the commitment needed to make this work.

Everyone who is 18 and over, by the end of the month, is eligible.

So now we have to vote. We have to send our nominations to YJN as soon as possible via PM.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    City Reps (Chapter Reps) and their duties

- You cannot be a CR before your chapter has ?Official Chapter? status
    - You can not be a CR without an Official Chapter
    - City Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - City Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a City Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a City Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nominations/votes to their RSA to tally so that the utmost fairness will be achieved in the election. Polls on the forums can are often tampered with by people posting with multiple ?socks?
    3) If CR meets the requirements, as listed above (the RSA will make that judgment call), the elected member will be elevated to VIP status, and will be granted access to the City Rep forum where he will be given an added list of functions and duties.

3. FurBallTheSithEwok

FurBallTheSithEwok Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    first off i don't want it so don't look at me. second i'd vote for Yub Yub but i don't think she's 18 (though i bet she'd do a good job).... and out of all of us she'd make the most out of no OPPM. but anyways i nominate... no idea

4. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    When is Yub Yub's B-Day?

If it is weeks away I can see if the OFH will go for it. If it is months I'm afraid not.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    And unfortunately Tara can't be nominated because she lives too far away (at the moment). Not sure about me yet. Any verdict from the Old Folk's Home yet YJN?

6. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    //whistles

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Unfortunately, my birthday isn't until the end of April. So who else lives near enough?

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    However, YJN said if we wait until April, then both DOY and I can run for CR. I'll be moving back to Moncton for internships. Internships start after March break (first week of March).

He also says, we'll still be an official fanforce if we wait.

I have some reasons why I should be CR.

I have fought just to have this forum. I even went as far to FanForce Communications to get it.

I have also helped plan and attend all three of Moncton's fan force meetings.

If I'm elected, I PROMISE, that we'll have meetings that everyone can attend and afford. By God, we will get everyone to the next meeting if I have to go to ends of the Earth, I will. I'm not kidding.
    And I promise our meetings won't be all going to the movies :D. I bet a lot of people are getting sick of it and we all need something new.

I also promise to help improve the forum (example: banner, colours, icon etc...).

I'm a hard worker, trust me, I spend 12 hour days at school. And I will put in the hard work to make this one of the best fanforces in Canada. Because obviously Atlantic Canadians rock!

Also, I have done some things on the JC, particulary in the Atlantic Canada Forum that I'm not proud of. I'd like to put all that behind me and have a fresh start in 2003.

I'd also like to apologize to YJN for all the trouble I have caused him in the past and I would like to renew my friendship with him.

And to Indigo Jade, the CR of Edmonton, Alberta. I'm sorry for yelling at you in the "Gonk Damnit Thread" in the ACG. You've been kind enough to offer us help with our fanforce and it's very much appreciated.

~Tara~

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Sold...

Tara, if I had a vote that counted...you'd get it.

That was one of the best "speeches" I've read in a long time.

If my opinion means anything (which is shouldn't, the end decision is up to Moncton), but I think holding off till March or April would be the best thing to do.

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I think Tara would be the best choice, since she did put an awful lot into getting this Fanforce to exist. Even if we waited until April, there's still a little matter of I'm going away to university in September.

11. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Like I just said in a PM to YJN, I would prefer waiting until Match/April to vote because I would love to see Tara as CR. Regardless of my personal relationship with her, she worked harder than anyone else to get this place going and she deserves it :)

12. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *applauds Tara*

That was awesome, Tara. It would be great to be able to work with ya. :D

13. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks guys :) :D

14. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online.
    hmmm.... i suppose if i gathered a few phone numbers and postal codes.

- CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.

Damn. and my speech was soooooooo much better than Tara's. :p

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
  16. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
  17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    BUMP!

Tara is moving back to Moncton tomorrow, so I now officially nominate her as CR. She has worked harder than anyone else I know of to get a FF going, and has more passion for it than anyone I've ever seen. SHe works hard, and deserves this reward :)

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I second that nomination. (I don't think it's necessary, but I'm stating my support for Tara)

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I don't have a clue as to what the process is, I just thought I'd up this since Tara will be in Moncton from now on :)

20. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    //runs in screaming

I'M HOME! WOOOOOOO!!!!!

//hugs Derek and DOY

21. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *runs around forum waving "VOTE FOR TARA" poster*

MONCTON NEEDS A GREAT CR
    ONE TO TAKE THEM VERY FAR
    TARA'S BACK AND REARING TO GO
    SHE'S BETTER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE!

*runs into pole while chanting like an idiot*

d'oh

22. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Thanks for your support guys :)

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    *grabs pom poms*

Tara! Tara!

*starts doing a crazy dance that kills OPPM*

24. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I think you have to send your votes in to YJN or Crazy Mike...

DOY= hee hee :D

25. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.