Calgary -=-= Monday May 2nd Meeting =-=-

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    The meeting for Monday May 2nd will be held at 7:00pm at the Pizza Hut at Brentwood Mall.

All my prepurchased tickets will be distributed then.
    Any 501 members in town are also more than welcome to come and hang out with us.

Also to be discussed are:
    - details on manning the line-up
    - ideas for the website.

2. Nite_shift Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK kewl, I will be there
  3. darth-paul- Jedi Master

star 2
    I will be there. And my laptop and lightsaber.

Darth Paul
  4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm not sure I can make it. I have soccer practise till 7:30. My wife is at a meeting tommorow nite so I don't have somebody to watch my son. But ya never know. If I can be there, I'll be there. If not theres next week.
  5. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've called-ahead and told them we're coming. If anyone gets there before Kent and I get there, tell them you're with RAELYN's party, and they'll seat you with the group.
  6. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll drop by and get the tix. I also have a info sheet for all the ff to fill out for the web page.

Ryan
  7. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry about the short notice folks, I thought everyone knew there would be a monday meeting.

I will make myself available to distribute tickets this week for those who could not make it to Monday's meeting.

Keep watching the boards!

8. Vicu Jedi Knight

star 1
    For future reference, where is Brentwood mall? If it is not directly accessible by transit, very direct transit, I probably won't show up for meetings there.
  9. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Brentwood is a C-train stop on the North line. The Pizza Hut is quite close to the station. Brentwood is also on the 72/73 circle route.

We discussed moving the meetings around town if the north spot is too hard to get to for some. Meditate on this, we will.
  10. Vicu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I suggest we aim our meetings at the central area of town so they are accesible to all without a long commute.
    I have some ideas.
    -Buzzards: downtown connected to bottlescrew bills. may have limited seating though, unless the patio is open, which is large.
    -Mountain Jack's: connected to that hotel, may be on the same street as Buzzard's, can't recall.

Also, along the Macleod trail there is the White Spot and a few other places. Does anyone know the retaraunts around Sunnside and Kensington?
  11. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    WhiteSpot isn't exactly "central" - it's pretty south on MacLeod Trail.

Sam's deli (In Kensington) is a pretty decent place; Kent and I have been there quite often, and it's one of our favorite eateries in Kensington... Note that it IS licensed, and therefore a little bit smokey and off-limits to younglings, but not a bad place overall. Parking is also an issue anywhere near downtown: great for transit users, but scary for others.

I don't think it's unreasonable to choose a few easy-to-access places around town (like the Pizza Hut in Brentwood, someplace downtown, and somewhere in the south), and rotate our monthly meetings so that it's fair for everyone, so long as we give LOTS of notice and post relevant details... Here are my suggestions, and I'd love to hear if everyone else has ideas, too!

Pizza Hut in Brentwood was very good, actually; not too loud, not smokey, GREAT service, and decent prices. It's RIGHT on the C-train line. That's my vote for a northern locale.

Parking aside, Sam's deli would be a good option for "central" locale. That, too, is close to a c-train station (Sunnyside). We could give it a shot. *shrug*

White spot would be a good option for a "South" choice, too. We'd have to be sure to call ahead for them, though, wouldn't we?

Of course, if we were to *somehow* find a location that's convenient for the WHOLE group, we would just meet there every week. That would be ideal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.