Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

Welcome to the Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index! Our mission is to discuss and encourage the posting of more "mushy" fanfics here on TF.N. With this thread we hope to build an archive and to come up with different types of challenges within the MMM frame.

General MMM Rules:

1.) Stories posted under MMM must be mush, or include a healthy dose of mush.

2.) One Monday will be picked and given in the thread. This is when you will post your stories.

3.) Any and all ?ships are welcome. However, the mush doesn't necessarily have to be romantic in nature.

4.) Keep the fics within the TOS of the site.

5.) Have fun--remember, it?s mush!

Third MMM: Monday, August 27, 2007 Blind Date Challenge: Set up your favorite SW bachelor/bachelorette on a date. It can end in romance or disaster.

Fourth MMM: Monday, November 5, 2007 All Dialogue Challenge: Tell a mushy story using nothing but dialogue.

Fifth MMM: Monday, December 17, 2007 Holiday Challenge: In honor of our upcoming holidays, write a Star Wars holiday story making sure to include the words wassail, sparkle, ribbon and chor-cake.

Sixth MMM: Monday, March 31, 2008 Challenge:Using what you've learned in Jade_Pilot's tutorial, write a NON-ROMANTIC mush fic. Examples of non-romantic mush could be scenes between: a parent and child, siblings or friends.

Seventh MMM: Monday, June 2nd, 2008 Challenge: Write a story in which there is some sort of iter-personal conflict...and then an appropriately mushy resolution! NOTE: Please notice the "interpersonal" part! This is not a detonators-exploding, blasters-shooting conflict, its an argument/fight/conflict. The conflict can be about anything (serious or silly--your choice!) but it must be fixed with a kiss!!!

Eighth MMM: Monday, September 15th, 2008 Challenge: First Sentence Challenge--"Of all the people he/she had hoped to see walk through that door, he/she was the very last one he/she had imagined would come to his/her rescue" *(Of course, choose whether you're going to go with either "he" or "she," depending on the context)

Ninth MMM: Monday, December 22nd, 2008 Challenge: Holiday Challenge--Write a holiday vignette WITHOUT using the words gift, party, or celebrate. One more catch--the vig must end with a kiss!

Tenth MMM: Monday, February 23rd, 2009 Challenge: Late Valentine's Challenge: Write a vignette in which a character has to make up for forgetting - or missing - an important holiday, anniversary, or occasion.

Eleventh MMM: Monday, March 30th, 2009 Challenge: "No Dialogue Challenge": Write a vignette in which there is no spoken dialogue. Make-ups for "Late Valentine's Challenge".

Twelfth MMM: Monday, December 14 and Monday December 21, 2009 Challenge: Write a holiday themed vignette in which you use all FOUR of the holiday song lyrics listed below. (You do not need to use the song titles, just the lyrics.) Songs: "Ho ho ho, who wouldn't go?" from ?Up On the Housetop?, ?All is calm, all is bright? from ?Silent Night?, ?Tis the season to be jolly? from ?Deck the Halls?, and ?Kiss her once for me? from ?Holly Jolly Christmas?

Thirteenth MMM: Monday 24th May, 2010 Challenge: Moving, and anything to do with it.

Fourteenth MMM: Monday 19th July, 2010 Challenge: First Baby.

Fifteenth MMM: Monday, September 13, 2010 Challenge:[//>
    Last edited by Monday_Mush_Mania, Feb 10, 2014
  2. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

Monday Mush Mania Fic Index:

*currently indexed by MMM Date*

3/26/07: First MMM-General Mush

Half the Fun
    by: ginchy

Dance With Me
    by: Jade_Pilot

Little One
    by: VaderLVR64

Deliberations
    by: WyoJedi

6/25/07: Second MMM-General Mush

The Perfect Gift by: Alexis_Wingstar

Inamorato by: -arica-

Because I Love You by: furrylittlebantha

Forever Without End by: ginchy

Tash'Tay Drops by: Golden_Jedi

Meeting of the Minds by: Jade_Pilot

The Last Goodbye by: Jedi-Ant

Race You to the Water by: jedi_of_ennth

A Convenient Charade by: Jedi Trace

A Little Love by: Kidan

Poltergeist by: Maggy

On Bended Knee by: Mira_Jade

Wet by: NYCitygurl

Dancing by: RedBirdie

Higher Law by: RedBirdie

Ratty Clothes by: RedBirdie

Missing You by: Rivad_Bacar2

One With the Force by: RX_Sith

In The Moment by: SakuraTsukikage

Let Sleeping Wookiees Lie... by: Thrawn McEwok

This Marriage Thing by: VaderLVR64

Reality by: verybusy

Dreamland by: WyoJedi

8/27/07: Third MMM-Blind Date Challenge/General Mush

Not that Imperfect After All by: Abeja

How I Met Your Mother--Part of the ?Betwixt & Between? Series by: BigFatty

Everlong by: BrentusofGath

I Once Was Blind by: DarthIshtar

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27372419&brd=/>/>
  3. Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Grand Master

12/14/09 & 12/21/09: Twelfth MMM: Holiday Challenge/General Mush

Friendship by: earlybird-obi-wan

Midwinter Memories by: grinchy (ginchy)

Friends and Soulmates by: Jade_eyes

Every Time We Touch by: Jade_Max

Worth Waiting For by: Jade_Max

Memories by: Jade_Max

Adventures in Winter Solstice Shopping by: MiralukaJedi

Snow Day! by: moosemousse

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by: NYCitygurl

24/05/10: Thirteenth MMM: Moving

You light up my life by: earlybird-obi-wan

Moving by: earlybird-obi-wan

Second diary of Kaagi Adin, for the 2010 diary challenge 24-5 by: earlybird-obi-wan

Observations they are, Master Yoda's diary, updated 24-5 by: earlybird-obi-wan

Believing In Us by: Jade_eyes

Making Do Somehow by: Jade_eyes

Perhaps Tomorrow by: Alexis_Wingstar

What Did I Do? by: FelsGoddess

Leaving Again by: DaenaBenjen42

Just Breathe by: Maggy

Changes by: Jade_Max

Midnight on the Saratoga by: DaenaBenjen42

Home by: NYCitygurl

Keep Moving by: ardavenport

Save the Best for Last by: Lady_Tahiri

19/07/10: Fourteenth MMM: First Baby

Conscience by: earlybird-obi-wan

Lilies, Earth and the Sea by: FelsGoddess

Surprise by: NYCitygurl

Soulmates by: Ceillean

Triad by: Alexis_Wingstar

19/11/10: Challenge: Everyone loses someone they love, it's a fact of life and of loving. Write a vignette exploring the impact of the loss of a loved one on a character.

Jerza by: early-bird-obi-wan

Snake Tale by/>/>
  4. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, okay! Here we have a thread and all. :D

I just want to thank everyone for the reaction we had to our last MMM. I hope that everyone will enjoy the next one. I know that I loved our last one... a whole day, just for mush! ;)

Mush fics have always been my favorite type of fanfic. They're a great little treat.

So, here's a call to authors... Another MMM is coming up at the end of this month! Any takers? I know of two, possibly three authors already, and I will be writing one.

I can't wait! :D
  5. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! :cool: This sounds like fun!

I'll see what I can come up with. ;)

What a fantastic idea! Bring on the mushiness!!! [face_love]

Ant. ]-}
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    An MMM thread and index? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] SQUEEEEEE!!! I'm camping out here!!!! :) [face_dancing] :D
  7. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Is this just romantic mush? Or does it include rabidly cute, non-romantic mush as well? Or hurt/comfort mush?

8. lazykbys_left Jedi Master

star 4
    I suppose this is as good a time as any to ask . . . um, could someone define "mush", please?

- lazy
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hi, Lazy. :D My idea of what mush is is tender, sweet, romantic, words and actions between a couple, who are finding out they wanna be more than, or are actually destined to be together. :) There can be bantering, teasing humor type fun going on, and even some adventure type action. But the overall flavor is yummy, ooey gooey. :D :) Woot!! If you've read anything by ginchy or wyojedi, you have a picture perfect idea of what mush is. :)
  10. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    You know I'm in. You have to have some romance to balance out the angst! [face_love]

Maybe we do need a glossary. Here's my submission.:-B

Mushitis: the condition of dissolving into a grinning pile of goo upon reading the fic, thus causing you to do something wonderful for your significant other in order to continue the endorphin flow.

11. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi, all! Great to see you in the mush thread.

lazykbys_left, as to what mush is, I guess the best place to start is the dictionary where an informal definition of mush is defined as: sentimentality, affection, or amorousness. I think in fanfiction, then, this comes out in mush-fics as stories in which the value of one of those three qualities out-weighs any other, such as drama/angst/action-adventure. Of course, mush can enter into any of those domains, as well. ;)

Hmmm... a great idea is to come up with a working definition of mush. Bring it on, and we'll try and come up with what, exactly, mush is to us. :D I love divapilot's mushitis definition. Grinning pile of goo, sounds about right to me! And Jade_eyes, thank you very much! :D Hmmm, seems a bit tough to explain mush. Maybe it's a state of being? [face_laugh]

ardavenport, to me, mush doesn't just have to be romantic. All those types you listed work very well for me! Mush seems to take on many forms.

And, Jedi-Ant, great to have you aboard! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    This sounds like so much fun!! I'm kindsa bummed because I'm going to be out of town that day :( But I'll read what everyone else writes, and hopefully I'll be around for the next one!!
  13. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! We're official! :D See what great mush minds can come up with? Here's to the mush! =D=

14. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I'm in :D I need to do something extra-mushy since I'm working on something intensely angsty right now and think i'll explode if i don't do something warm and fuzzy!

I've one question though, does it have to be a story on it's own, or can it be a post in an already existing story with MMM added to the title bar?
  15. oqidaun Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Fantastic idea for a challenge, Ladies!!!
  16. WyoJedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    YES! We have an official MMM thread. [face_dancing] This is beyond outstanding. I'm looking forward to the next MMM day. You know you can always count on me for the mush [face_love]

Cheers,
    Wyo
  17. Maeti Jedi Padawan

I like this very much. With my health and other factors I don't know how fast I wlil be at answering challenges, but I would like to try.
  18. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    So great to see so many of you raring to go for the next (or further future) MMMs! [:D]

Alexis_Wingstar, do you mean an outtake from an already existing story? I think that would work just fine. :D Many outtakes can stand alone, and are easily read, even if someone isn't familiar with the overall fic. Let me know if that wasn't exactly what you were asking.

19. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I was thinking more in lines of a new post in the story and just updating the subject line so that it shows that that particular chapter in the story is MMM.

The story I'm thinking about doing this for will be ending soon (if I can get my sorry keister moving on it :p ), and the final chapter is very mushy. The story itself is intensely dramatic and high in angst with a few mushy scenes in it, but the ending will definitly have a strong "grinning puddle of goo" factor ;)
  20. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    *squeals* *pitches tent*
    *plops down*

Okay, I'm ready!
    This is a really great idea!
    I love it!

C @};- S
  21. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    :D Just can't stop grinning!

I worked on my June 25th MMM last night. Still working out a kink or two, but it should be ready by then.

I can't wait to read all the entries! [face_love]
  22. verybusy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    :D Ya know I love this! :D

Count me in... Well, at least I hope my muse wil cooperate now and let me finish this story, which is on my mind since you first mentioned that the next MMM would be on the 25th.

cheers,

VeryBusy
  23. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Squee!

This thread is too perfect for words. The first one was wonderful, you simply can't go wrong with LM mush, and the added pairings will be very interesting!

Oh, this is going to be great!![face_dancing] [face_love]

~MJ@};-
  24. furrylittlebantha Force Ghost

star 3
    Exciting! I've never written something purely mush without a prop of old-fashioned angst in my entire fanfic career, but there's a first for everything. [face_love] Mine's done, as a matter of fact.

[face_plain]

I kind of think this whole mush thing takes practice. It's not easy! The whole time, my muse is perched on my shoulder whispering stuff like "okay, nice kiss, now right here you need to kill Mara off. Ooh! Dang, missed the moment. S'alright, just have Luke go all darkside next paragraph and everything will be fine..."

The muse was quite miffed when the fic was done. :p
  25. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Woohoo!! A non-angsty Furry fic!! I can't wait!! :D :D :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade